GameSpot video interview with SWERY on the new Director's Cut

#1 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/news/deadly-premonition-the-directors-cut-coming-to-ps3-q1-2013-6398242

Biggest takeaways:

• Full 1080p graphics, better textures
  • Better controls up to modern standards
  • Compatible in 3D and with PlayStation Move
  • Both the beginning and ending will have something different about them
  • York may be able to buy and own a house in Greenvale (not a confirmed feature, but a possibility)
  • More scenes with York
  • Reworked map

The original DP was canceled four times, because of some extreme/violent death scenes which they had to take out in the end. They wanted to try to put these back in for the Director's Cut, but they were declined again.

The response this version gets will determine whether or not they will create a continuation or sequel.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -
#3 Posted by TurboMan (7734 posts) -

I wonder if they could just release the deaths that were declined onto YouTube.... The ones in the game were pretty gruesome

#4 Posted by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

They wanted to try to put these back in for the Director's Cut, but they were declined again.

Declined by whom ? The ESRB ? What the fuck was in those scenes for them to be censored ?

#5 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

@dungbootle said:

They wanted to try to put these back in for the Director's Cut, but they were declined again.

Declined by whom ? The ESRB ? What the fuck was in those scenes for them to be censored ?

Declined by the publisher, I believe. I'm curious as well.

#6 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

if a guy gettting a meat hook to the face is ok, i wonder what was denyed.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

I'm awkwardly tapping my chest right now while looking aimlessly into the distance in anticipation.

#8 Posted by Petiew (1361 posts) -

No bicycles! No sale!

#9 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

Man I never did play it the first time around and now I don't have a reason not to..

#10 Posted by dungbootle (2428 posts) -
#11 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (634 posts) -

I don't want this, I'd much prefer it if the game still looks like crap.

#12 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

So would I. I feel that way about the map. The map in Deadly Premonition is nigh useless but I like it that way. The controls i'm take it or leave it.

Edit: what the game needed is less combat in the second half and more story parts, investigation type stuff to replace it. I also did not care for the ending all that much.

#13 Posted by PillClinton (3297 posts) -

@dungbootle: That's incredible. Also, this seems wholly unnecessary, but whatever, I ain't complaining.

#14 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

If anything I think the extreme/violent material could be really interesting given how rather violent the game already was. Also isn't the game rated 18+? Seems odd to not include it given that the target audience would be perfectly fine with it.

#15 Posted by Fattony12000 (7568 posts) -

Yay!

#16 Posted by Superkenon (1506 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Somehow, I don't think you should be too worried about that.

#17 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1046 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: Since this is heavily inspired by the Twin Peaks, I would think that answer that you are looking for is rape, or something sexual in its nature.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.