How would you feel if team VJ stopped their ER?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Shiftshaper (322 posts) -

Would you mind it a lot or not care that much? You see, they really dont seem to be enjoying the game. They dont seem to be having fun at all during the gameplay, and while they arent bothered by the cutscenes they dont really seem to enjoy the story so far either. So what does that leave them with then?

Team BR seems to be having a better time I think. Brad compains a lot, but I dont think he really dislikes it as much as you might think, mostly because he's got Ryan's enthousiasm to keep his spirits up. Team VJ however, seems to form a united front of disintrest! I dont think the guys should have to continue the ER if they really arent having a good time anymore, because who wants to watch that anyway? And why should they have to finish every game they pick simply because they did so with the first one? 

Then again, it is still pretty early and maybe team VJ will warm up to it later on, but I kinda doubt it. 

Anyway, discuss.

#2 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Thye don't like it? Well I'd be very dissapointed if they gave up

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

I wouldn't care if both just decided to finish it prematurely.
#4 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

I think it was stated in an earlier post that Jeff is out this week? Might be that they had to do a lot of episodes on a short time before he left, and that could make them less enthusiastic about it. Perhaps it will be better when Jeff is back and they cna shoot episodes normally.

#5 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

cry

#6 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

NO! THEY MUST BE UNHAPPY TO MAKE MY DAY HAPPY! THAT IS HOW WE LIVE

#7 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

I think you're wrong that they aren't interested in the story of the game, and I think they have been a lot more patient with it's mechanics than team BR.

#8 Posted by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -

It's up to them, I'd like them to keep going for a little while and get to know the characters a little bit more before they decide what they're going to do.

I don't really get the vibe that they HATE the game, just that they got tired of that tedious lumbermill section pretty fast. And really, who wouldn't?

#9 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

I'd probably choke a bitch.

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
"I'd probably choke a bitch. "

Who would you choke if BR ended theirs?
#11 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Ryan's enthusiasm?

what?

#12 Posted by Conker (780 posts) -

Yea it would suck. Alot. 

I stopped watching team BR since like, the third episode, they are so boring.
#13 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Team VJ is the only one I am watching right now, I would die a little inside...

#14 Posted by Pie (7080 posts) -
@Conker: Your missing out
#15 Posted by ClownDetective (142 posts) -

If Vinny gave the controller to Jeff, all would be fine. The whole reason they find the game tiresome (and the reason I switched to BR) is cause Vinny shoots every box 8 times with the peashooter, runs down every dead end, observes every object, conserves anything that would help him progress and would rather waste 5 mins shooting boxes for $5 in game dollars he will never spend than actually go on with it. 

I love Vinny, but having an OCD completionist play an open world game as slow as DP is a BAD IDEA!

#16 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -

Other way around to me, Jiffy seems to be enjoying it more than Bryan. 

Of course, Jiffy are now really far behind, and I'm sort of interested in the plot now, so to be honest I probably wouldn't be too bothered if they quit, as unfunny as Bryan can be sometimes.

#17 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -
@_Horde said:
" I think it was stated in an earlier post that Jeff is out this week? Might be that they had to do a lot of episodes on a short time before he left, and that could make them less enthusiastic about it. Perhaps it will be better when Jeff is back and they cna shoot episodes normally. "
I think that this is absolutely true. If they stopped the ER, I would be pretty upset because I think that they would have a lot of fun with dialogue portions later on. As someone who has completed the game, I can say that it gets stupider and crazier as it progresses.

@Conker said:
" Yea it would suck. Alot.  I stopped watching team BR since like, the third episode, they are so boring. "
Oh, you should totally watch the BR ER. The first few episodes are rusty, but it's pretty entertaining now. Night fishing!
#18 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I don't know why they decided to have to concurrent Endurance Runs of the same kind of boring game. It would of been way better if BR done Deadly Premonition and VJ done an ER of some other game.

#19 Posted by Conker (780 posts) -
@Castro:
Really? I seriously couldnt take the complaining coming from them, and the total lack of humor a-la team VJ. 
Hm, maybe after exams.
#20 Posted by crescendo170 (20 posts) -

If I could buy the game for myself I wouldn't give a shit, but since I can't buy this game and I can't stand team BR and their inability to play videogames, team VJ is the only way for me to see this game through the end... If they stopped I would be pretty dissapointed no doubt.

Also, PLEASE MAKE EPISODES LONGER. Thanks!

#21 Posted by GaspoweR (2961 posts) -
@Shiftshaper said:
"Team VJ however, seems to form a united front of disintrest!"  
Wait, I thought it was the opposite?
#22 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

This topic is crazy and clearly propaganda from team BR representatives in an effort to crush morale of team VJ supporters!

#23 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Vinny really does stretch out the shittier aspects of the game just by playing it the way he does. If you know the zombies respawn and basically hardly attack at all, and the money doesn't really matter cus you never spend it, and all the boxes ever have are more objects you never use, maybe just walk by? I knew it was a bad sign when he stayed in like one spot for 10 minutes killing zombies that would then respawn before realizing they respond in ep 1. Not defending the game, Im just saying if the point of these things is so you can comment and react to the parts of the game that made it infamous, don't fucking dwindle on the shit that made it mediocre and sigh like its the game's fault you're compelled to shoot every box you come across.

#24 Posted by Dross (303 posts) -

The VJ episodes are the only ones I'm watching at the moment. 

#25 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@_Horde said:
" I think it was stated in an earlier post that Jeff is out this week? Might be that they had to do a lot of episodes on a short time before he left, and that could make them less enthusiastic about it. Perhaps it will be better when Jeff is back and they cna shoot episodes normally. "
Good point.
#26 Posted by Cirdain (3078 posts) -

I'd shed a tear

#27 Posted by armaan8014 (5385 posts) -

It's funny cause when the ER started, Team VJ was clearly the more enthusiastic one. But I've been a supporter of team BR since the start! ;)

#28 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@Dross said:
" The VJ episodes are the only ones I'm watching at the moment.  "
Same.
I don't have the time to watch both, and I thought VJ had more enthusiasm than BR so I stuck with them.
I also don't care about Vinny's need to search every corner.
#29 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Doesn't really matter who wins (BR or VJ), but we all lose.

#30 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -

They do like the story. They were just getting annoyed because they were stuck in the mill for so long.

Yeah, they don't like the combat but who possibly could? It's horrendous. That doesn't stop it from being hilarious though.

Wish people would stop analysing everything thing the guys say to such detail. Just chill and enjoy the ERs.

#31 Posted by Davey (69 posts) -

They definetly shouldn't stop.
 It would be so awesome if BR finished the game two weeks earlier than VJ, and only one ER was running at that point.

#32 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2374 posts) -

I enjoy them both about equally, so I wouldn't mind a whole lot if BR were the only ones still going.

But they won't quit. They don't seem any more demoralized than BR, unless you're one of those ultra-sensitive types who flip out at at any remotely negative comment they might make.

#33 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

Firstly, they won't stop.  Secondly, BR kinda sucks.  I find myself riffing off of what Ryan is saying out loud because Brad is such a non-presence when he isn't driving in the wrong direction or getting killed by zombies.

#34 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I've been enjoying BR more than VJ lately, but I still watch both. Wouldn't want either of them to end prematurely.

I mean come on, there are jokes that only Vinny's sick mind will think of... and maybe mine...

#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -
@GaspoweR said:
" @Shiftshaper said:
"Team VJ however, seems to form a united front of disintrest!"  
Wait, I thought it was the opposite? "
Exactly.
#36 Posted by Chris2KLee (2334 posts) -

I'd give them credit for admitting this is not a game they could endure. I'd have given up after the whole saw mill crap.

#37 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

i stopped watching VJ episodes about 3 in. BR just suit my style.

#38 Posted by Jazz (2260 posts) -

I only watch VJ, so it would be sad..but Its up to them. 
If they aren't enjoying it, its rather pointless.

#39 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@Hamz said:
" This topic is crazy and clearly propaganda from team BR representatives in an effort to crush morale of team VJ supporters! "
You know what happens to propagandists that go against the motherland?

They get taken out.
#40 Edited by Ghostiet (5251 posts) -

I watch team BR anyway, and they're doing very fine, so I don't know if I'd care at this moment. Many complain about Brad's horrible gaming ability, but he had his moments ("I totally nailed the handling of this dude"). Also, Ryan killes me in every episode - if anybody makes a Best Of compilation like with the P4 ER, the part where he yells commands to Brad has to be there.

#41 Edited by Shiftshaper (322 posts) -

Funny how we seem to have drasticly different ideas on who is enjoying the game more and which team is funnier. Shows how much we know I guess.

@Hamz

said:

"This topic is crazy and clearly propaganda from team BR representatives in an effort to crush morale of team VJ supporters! "

Damnit, our cover is blown! This is stilleto heels, the Moose has gone surfing, I REPEAT, the moose has gone surfing!
#42 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

maybe you dont remember this, but an endurance run stops when they finish the game or one of them doesnt want to go any further

why have you decided there is no out for them?

#43 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -
@Abyssfull: Well, the probability of me choking a bitch is absolute.  I will choke a bitch.
#44 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

That would be great actually, because then I'd have more time to do important stuff.

#45 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3149 posts) -

I'm finding this whole ER thing pretty boring. Don't kill me.

#46 Edited by Hobgoblin (6 posts) -

Having the ability to quit makes calling it an 'Endurance Run' kind of pointless.

#47 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2104 posts) -
@RockmanBionics said:
" I think you're wrong that they aren't interested in the story of the game, and I think they have been a lot more patient with it's mechanics than team BR. "
Yeah, they are just having fun.  You know how Vinny messed around with the windscreen wipers and turns Agent York in circles... that is exactly what I do in games. Even if they are the best games in the world, I am just a lolly gagger, but I love Team BR's Endurance Run a lot more just because I am seeing a totally different side.  So those 2 hated the game at first but now seem to be warming up to it and now really flying through that game.  I started watching Team-BR just because I thought that they were the only ones going through this game at first, so I always watch Team-BR, and then Team-VJ if I have time the next day or sometime during that week, but I will always sit down and watch Team-BR out of habit.

Anyways, I like both and am glad they both did it.  Right now I have watched all 20 episodes... 10 from each team and loving each side and how they are not talking about anything (or so it seems in that Brad just learned how to run through doors).
#48 Posted by RJPelonia (855 posts) -

Bummed out.

#49 Posted by artofwar420 (6286 posts) -

Well, that's what I like about their ER style. Let's not forget it was VJ that started the whole thing, maybe that's why they have two teams. Pick your flavor.

#50 Posted by IronScimitar (490 posts) -

I'd rather Vinny stop talking cuz he's insanely corny at times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.