Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

How would you feel if team VJ stopped their ER?

• 84 results
    Dom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Dom

team VJ >>> Team BR

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By skrutop

I stopped watching about mid-way through episode 17.  I'm not finding them to be entertaining at all.  I'd be fine if they just gave up.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By evanbrau

I wouldn't blame them for as interesting and crazy as the story is and how hilarious the character of York is I know in my heart I couldn't take that awful combat or just the gameplay in general. However I do hope they won't end the ER prematurely since I'm finding it hilarious, am not watching the BR run but I might sometime.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By sixghost
    @evanbrau said:
    " I wouldn't blame them for as interesting and crazy as the story is and how hilarious the character of York is I know in my heart I couldn't take that awful combat or just the gameplay in general. However I do hope they won't end the ER prematurely since I'm finding it hilarious, am not watching the BR run but I might sometime. "
    No one likes the combat, but plenty of people enjoy the game as a whole. It drives me crazy watching them sometimes, if they hate the combat so much, why do they feel the need to kill every zombie they see? You can run past  50-60% of the enemies in the game. This was especially apparent during the infinite zombie area in ep. 20. JUST KILL ONE TO CLEAR A PATH AND BOOK IT VINNY.
    MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By MisterMouse

Well it is an endurance run, they are going to have to make their way through it and finish it. I feel like they are finally getting it going and they will get through them.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Junpei
    Personally now that the story has gotten moving they both seem to be a bit more into it, just Brad and Ryan getting irritated by all the wall ladies and not having infinite ammo.

@evanbrau:  Is that an Asia Kong icon I see? If so....I think I love you
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By JoelTGM

Both teams need to finish it. 

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By evanbrau
    @Junpei: It is indeed, she is a hard "woman" to find pictures of online.
    Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mcfart

I'm enjoying BR more, although I usually watch some of both. Brad's raging @ episode 18 was priceless....Ryan telling Brad what to do in a disinterested manner, like he's reading a book, is funny as well.

VJ are too slow...observance important, but this game really isn't that interesting to explore...cept for Agent Honor.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Obviously the community needs to step up and offer up a reward for the team that lasts the longest. 
    (^ Didn't bother reading the replies.)

Avatar image for princess_isabela
    Princess_Isabela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Princess_Isabela

both teams will finish it for sure, seem to enjoying it, except for moments of fury(where brad cannot admit he just sucks at it or vinny stands in one spot and kills infinitely respawning zombies for 10 minutes straight because he's afraid to proceed). 
    I can totally see them in the end loving the game by the time they're done with the quest and we will probably see tons of praising comments/threads, it's a powerful story with emotional ending.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#62  Edited By natetodamax

I would be very upset. The VJ ER is one of the things I look forward to most every day.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#63  Edited By rjayb89

I will continually choke a bitch.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By mikemcn

They currently have unlimited machine gun ammo, and a car that accelerates beyond 50 miles an hour, giving up now would just be lazy of them. They could steamroll most of the rest of the game.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By xyzygy

It's called an endurance run for a reason.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By turboman

It wouldn't be an endurance run if they weren't Enduring. 

I think they both are finding the game odd, but interesttingly fun.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Hourai

Both teams don't seem to be enjoying the game at all, but they'll probably get through it anyways. They're probably around the halfway mark by now, but it depends how many side quests they do. I don't blame them since the gameplay is absolutely atrocious.

Next time they'll be sure to pick a better game, at least.  Persona 3 ... ? Please?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DrPockets000

I would be really, really bummed.  I have a blast watching the VJ ER.  Haven't started the BR one yet, simply because I don't have the time to watch two ER episodes every day. 

Edit: I also do not get the vibe that VJ are not enjoying the game.  They sound like they are having a lot of fun, though they trash the mechanics.

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By yakityyakblah
    @Hourai said:
    " Both teams don't seem to be enjoying the game at all, but they'll probably get through it anyways. They're probably around the halfway mark by now, but it depends how many side quests they do. I don't blame them since the gameplay is absolutely atrocious.  Next time they'll be sure to pick a better game, at least.  Persona 3 ... ? Please? "
    You'd be treading a lot of the same ground if you did that.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#70  Edited By citizenkane

It would suck because I like Team VJ the most, but I would get over it.

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By yakityyakblah

Naw I couldn't cope with the frustration watching Brad try to shank everything if VJ wasn't coming up behind them. Hopefully VJ overtakes BR. The side mission turtle should win the race.

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#72  Edited By Lambert

Would be great to see all the whining on the forums.

It is ironic that people were bitching about Brad bitching about the game while playing; meanwhile, Jeff and Vinny have been increasing their bitching as the show goes on. I wonder if people will start bitching about that?

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bhhawks78

Their's is infinitely better than brad and ryan making the crawlers last literally 6-7 times longer than needed

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By s7evn

I've been enjoying the BR run, but I would be disappointed in team VJ if they gave up so easily.

Zanthox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By Zanthox
    @ClownDetective:  So what you are saying is... Vinny is playing the game the right way, the correct way, the only way, and wins at life? ;-)  
    Brad's play style actually throws me off (RELOAD REEEELOOOOAAD DO IT!!!) but I love both play throughs. I think it is hilarious that they don't talk about it so when one group finds something they leave the other team in the dark about it. Good times. 
    I also don't get the vibe that they hate the game, it certainly has many, many issues. But they seem to be seeing past them. I think they have all said 'we are playing this so you don't have to.'
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want this game to end, so they can hopefully move onto a more interesting game for the next endurance run in a few months time.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Expletive

I would be crushed.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#79  Edited By veektarius

I think that the VJ commentary is often better than BR, but if you're watching both concurrently, VJ will be dragged down by the fact they're usually playing something you've already seen on BR.  If you feel like VJ is a duller experience, I'd make sure to factor that in.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @rjayb89 said:
    " I will continually choke a bitch. "
    Could you repeat that? I don't think I heard you the first three times.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I really don't care anymore. This second ER is starting to sully my fond memory of the P4 Endurance Run, because both teams obviously don't want to finish it. Then again, P4 was such an awesome game in retrospect, while DP is just hackneyed garbage.  

As it is, I am not looking foward to new episodes like I used to. I just hope the game is over soon so we can have more proper content on the site again (and less pathetic "Brad sucks" bitching in the comments).

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#82  Edited By c1337us

I have only watched Vinny and Jeff so far. I might go back and watch Brad and Ryan later but I don't know. To be honest I wouldn't loose any sleep if they didnt see it out though.

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By yakityyakblah
    @atomic_dumpling said:
    " I really don't care anymore. This second ER is starting to sully my fond memory of the P4 Endurance Run, because both teams obviously don't want to finish it. Then again, P4 was such an awesome game in retrospect, while DP is just hackneyed garbage.   As it is, I am not looking foward to new episodes like I used to. I just hope the game is over soon so we can have more proper content on the site again (and less pathetic "Brad sucks" bitching in the comments). "
    How does this run sully the last one? That's just stupid. Plus the shitty parts of the game are part of the charm. P4 got by on being kind of crazy, this game is crazy and also laughably bad. If they ever did a run of a normal decent game it would be boring. Also the last endurance run wasn't a few months ago it was almost a year ago, so this one ending soon wouldn't make the next one come any faster. They also aren't working on any schedule, they are waiting for games with enough charm to support a play through of the entire thing. 

So which game would you suggest?
    jaklap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jaklap

VJ is the only one I watch, I guess I can watch BR when both come to an end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.