I made the Raincoat Killer in SoulCalibur V

• 82 results
#1 Posted by Seroth (726 posts) -

Swery retweeted this, but I figure I'd post this here, too, just 'cause.

SoulCalibur V also has feature in which you can break a character's armor, revealing what's underneath. A lot of people hate the feature 'cause it causes their detailed costumes to become generic-looking characters.

I decided to build the Raincoat Killer's true identity under the outfit, so that it'd be revealed when the armor was broken.

Here's a video. Caution, Deadly Premonition spoilers.

#2 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Yeah, I saw it when Swery retweeted. Pretty cool, especially when the armor breaks away.

#3 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Hehe thats pretty neat.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

Yeah I saw that tweet from Swery. Very cool dude.

#5 Posted by N7 (3677 posts) -

I am another blue name praising this for which is cool.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

That is really neat. Is the character creation better in SC5 or pretty much the same?

#7 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

that's great

#8 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Awesome stuff, man. Great work.

#9 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

That's pretty cool.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (9 posts) -

Grrrr... I don't have this. o.o I needz it.

#11 Posted by Alexandruxx (228 posts) -

Awesome

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11411 posts) -

The best part is the reveal if you break his armor. So great. If only the game had a woodcutter ax. IF ONLY!

#13 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Okay, that was pretty good.

#14 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Now get Steve Jobs to fight him with!!!!!

#15 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

Wow. That's pretty cool.

#16 Posted by Trilogy (2692 posts) -

Dope.

#17 Posted by ThatFrood (3396 posts) -

DIE

#18 Posted by chilibean_3 (1698 posts) -

Great.

#19 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3117 posts) -

That was pretty awesome.

#20 Posted by Mcfart (1729 posts) -

Sweeeet

#21 Posted by Morningstar (2242 posts) -

My hat of to you sir.

#22 Posted by President_Barackbar (3474 posts) -
@chilibean_3 said:

Great.

Amazing
#23 Posted by Irvandus (2894 posts) -

You just beat SC5, grats.

#24 Posted by slyspider (1372 posts) -

i approve of this stupidity/awesomeness

#25 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Very cool

#26 Posted by laserbolts (5369 posts) -

Awesome that character creator must be pretty sweet.

#27 Posted by redbliss (648 posts) -

too bad you couldnt play around with the animations. Would be amazing with him dragging the axe and waving his finger as a taunt.

#28 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

@President_Barackbar said:

@chilibean_3 said:

Great.

Amazing

Headshot.

#29 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1695 posts) -

Spectacular. How much work did that take you? Is the character creator pretty fully featured, or did you have to fudge some stuff to get your character looking so spot on?

#30 Posted by 9999dmg (132 posts) -

This is really clever. The SCV character creator is pretty impressive.

#31 Posted by RetroVirus (1492 posts) -

Sweet.

#32 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5101 posts) -

This is really awesome, don't you agree Zach?

#33 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -
#34 Posted by BSw (258 posts) -

Sweet. Is it also possible to create York who becomes Zach if the armor is broken?

#35 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

Does he have infinite axes?

#36 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

Rad. Now do the Mysterious Capitalist, wheelchair included.

#37 Posted by Jothel (937 posts) -

Wow awesome

#38 Posted by Village_Guy (2665 posts) -

Awesome. I'm dangerously close to being sold on Soul Caliber V... And I don't even like fighting games that much.

#39 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

Does he have infinite axes?

#40 Edited by Alexandruxx (228 posts) -

@yoshimitz707 said:

@chilibean_3 said:

Great.

Amazing

Headshot.

Great again?

#41 Posted by BaconGames (3577 posts) -

Die.

#42 Posted by Oni (2114 posts) -

@chilibean_3 said:

Great.

Amazing

Yes.

#43 Posted by csl316 (9496 posts) -

Sweet.

#44 Posted by Little_Socrates (5718 posts) -

This is amazing! I'll have you know, I'm very particular about my create-a-characters.

#45 Edited by Seroth (726 posts) -

@beard_of_zeus said:

Spectacular. How much work did that take you? Is the character creator pretty fully featured, or did you have to fudge some stuff to get your character looking so spot on?

It didn't take me long, but you gotta be pretty determined to make something work due to the limits of the character creator. You got be creative with some stuff to make it look right.

There's a lot of arbitrary limits with the character creator. Like, certain equipment can't be used in addition to others. Like, there was originally a mask I wanted to use to cover the Raincoat Killer's face, but I couldn't use the mask AND the hood. I had to choose one or the other. The character creator allows you three pieces of additional equipment that you can pretty much place anywhere, so I had to use a black sphere to cover his face, and two yellow spheres for his eyes. The amount of control you have on the size of these objects isn't that extensive, either, so you gotta get creative with their placement.

Also, the amount of equipment available to use still seems pretty limited, even after I unlocked it all. Like, there was no hooded jacket for the raincoat killer, so the hood is actually a hooded cape. His "jacket" is made up of a sleeveless shirt, with a long undershirt, and a little skirt-thing. I tried my best to match the colors on all the objects to make it look like a jacket.

And then there's the "armor break" feature, which means if your character takes a really hard hit in a fight, their armor will break, leaving you with pretty much a naked character. There's no way to the turn the feature off. A lot of people hate it, but I take it as a fun opportunity to just be goofy. Like, I made the Shredder from the Ninja Turtles, but gave him an afro under his helmet, so that when his armor is broken, he looks totally ridiculous with this big purple afro. Obviously, you can also try your best to create some detail under the armor, which allowed me to make the Raincoat Killer "true identity."

#46 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

im sooo going to do this myself. my housemate would flip the fuck out if he saw it

#47 Posted by Deusoma (3032 posts) -
@redbliss said:

too bad you couldnt play around with the animations. Would be amazing with him dragging the axe and waving his finger as a taunt.

Actually, one of Astaroth's pre-fight animations has him dragging the axe behind him as he approaches, so any character based on him will probably do the same, which is rad.
#48 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1130 posts) -

That's fucking awesome. Too bad the game doesn't have his super saiyan hair.

#49 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

thats amazing, love the video.

#50 Posted by Nephrahim (1157 posts) -

That was P cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.