Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Is this game like terribad or something?

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By The_Joker

I saw this is Gamestop today and as someone who knows video games, I was genuinely stumped as to what this game was. To my surprise, it Just came out. Does anyone know anything about this besides the paragraph on the wiki and the like 1 trailer that exists? I wish GB had a like quick look request button. This game merits one.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

as the wiki page says, it's a budget title and it doesn't have any (if any, very little) advertising or coverage. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

Interesting... i may buy that game also. Doesn't sound too bad.

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By The_Joker

If someone Does pick this game up on a whim, review it or at least fill in some more wiki data.

glass_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By glass_flame

I'm playing it right now, and the first four hours give an awful first impression. It's warming up, though, as the story starts to roll along. I'll review it when I finish it, which could be a while; the game seems to have six chapters, and at six hours I haven't even finished the first. 
    The controls, I will say, mimic Resident Evil 4's (which is a bit odd). And it joins No More Heroes in the "terrible, pointless open world" club. And you options for blood color are purple or green. It's...very strange, in many more ways than that. It definitely deserves to be released at $20.

rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By rathantoras

looks kinda... i dunno
    glass_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glass_flame

Yeah, it isn't wonderful. But the story really picks up into a legitimately interesting (and slightly humorous) murder mystery. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without a lot of patience or who has better things to do, but it seems to be worthwhile for people just waiting for Heavy Rain (like myself). I'll try to finish it this week and review it, but until then I'll just keep editing the wiki.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By cornbredx

game looks terrible, Z Movie esque. It blew me away how long it was in development and yet how little they have hyped it (i know its a budget title... but theres barely anything to spread the word on this game). This intrigues me and therefore i intend to buy it so one day when its obscure (more obscure then it is on its release date...heh) I'll be able to say I have it and know that no one knows what im talking about =P 

But seriously, I want this game for its obscurity alone. The fact that I suspect its cheesy helps.
    ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ZmillA

I'm really excited for my copy to come tomorrow, from amazon. I'm a big fan twin peaks and messed up games.

BrownBagga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BrownBagga
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#11  Edited By vigorousjammer

yaknow what, a quick look request button would work pretty well... they could even just make it a poll on the forums and have a new thread each week listing all of the new releases.

As for the game, it looks pretty bad... it also got a 2/10 from IGN... so um, yup... I'm still just gonna buy Heavy Rain, and um... i'll never buy this game, ever.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By luce

I heard its so bad it will make you want to sell your console.

ryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryuken

hahaha bad games are sometimes good for those times inbetween good games but now aint the time, especially if you own both consoles.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Meltac

I actually want to play it. It doesn't seem like a bad game, and the writing is apparently pretty good. People shouldn't be scared away, just because it's a low budget title, with not so great graphics.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ViciousReiven

I've played so many bad games that I'm desensitized to badness, I found myself whiteknighting some of them too...
    The graphics don't really bother me at all, and the story seems like it'll be interesting enough, I may pick it up if I make some extra cash.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Genfuyung

I'm definitely interested in it. I'm looking forward to hearing what Destructoid says about it.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Genfuyung

Proof the game is good: 
    http://www.destructoid.com/deadly-premonition-is-the-greatest-game-ever-made-164794.phtml

librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By librariangmr

I think IGN's review is pretty disingenuous. Although the game doesn't not have the level of polish of most other games this generation, it's actually pretty fun. That said, there are certainly a number of people who will "get it" and roll with the David Lynch style surrealism (I'd say it does help if you're a "Twin Peaks" fan), while there will be others who hate. 
    I finished the game that other day and while I thought it got a little crazy with the supernatural themes during the last two bosses, the story, script and characters up to that point were pretty solid and creative (the story, for me, ended up being more interesting than most games this generation)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.