Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Just finished the game. (no spoilers)

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Seroth

I bought this game because of the Endurance Run, and I just recently finished it.

Took me 20 hours, 49 minutes, and 11 seconds.

I'll continue to watch the Endurance Run, because I'd love to see the crew's reaction to the CRAZY ASS STUFF that happens in the game.... I will also probably curse at the screen whenever they do something dumb in the game (this will likely happen a lot while watching the BR run :P).

I really like the game, by the way. Sure, it's not a GREAT game, but for 20 dollars, there's decent content. Now...I gotta play through it 2 more times in order to S-rank this bitch!

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium
    @Seroth said:
    "Now...I gotta play through it 2 more times in order to S-rank this bitch! "
    your avatar commiting suicide is fitting for this sentence.
    j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By j_meyer_13

What are the achievements like?  I've been wondering why the Endurance runs haven't been unlocking any, just assumed they had notifications turned off... and haven't bothered looking them up. -_-

heat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By heat

20 hours? Holy shit, is the game really that long?

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By me3639

Do us all a favor...fire. 

Stop hating on Brad.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seroth
    @j_meyer_13: 
    You get most of the achievements by completing episodes, clusters of chapters. Then the rest are beating the game on each difficulty (THEY DON'T STACK, so you gotta beat it once on Easy, once on Normal, and once on Hard) and collecting all the trading cards.

@me3639:
    Hey, I'm not hating on Brad. It's funny to watch him play the game the way he does. I'm just worried that he may become frustrated and not finish the game.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Karkarov

Yeah in Seroth's defense here I have been playing the game as well.  Brad is really getting messed up by things that aren't all that dangerous, in a way Vinny has gotten worked a couple times too.  Wait until they start encountering shot gun zombies like two at a time but now it is in open areas and they have normal zombies standing in front of them.  Or some of the quasi "bosses" in the game....

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By shirogane

I havn't played the game, but i have noticed that they seem to be playing really badly, or doing really stupid stuff. Moreso BR then VJ.
    YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By YellowKing
    @heat said:
    " 20 hours? Holy shit, is the game really that long? "
    That's bare minimum from what I've heard.  I'm guessing the OP didn't get every card and side quest.  If he did, he was much more punctual about it than I was.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @heat said:
    " 20 hours? Holy shit, is the game really that long? "
    That's chump change compared to the first game of the Endurance Run, Persona 4. I guess the length was one reason why they decided to have the dual Endurance Runs?
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Addfwyn

The fact that you said you somehow actually like this game makes me think it broke your taste in video games however.   

I don't think I could make it through twenty minutes of this game, nevermind 20 hours, so hats off to you for dedication at least. 

@FrankCanada97: True, though P4 is actually one of the best RPGs in recent memories, so the length is less an issue with a good game I think.  

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Legend
    @Seroth said:
    "  Now...I gotta play through it 2 more times in order to S-rank this bitch! "
    Man, I know the game is kinda cool and all, but I don't know about playing it from start to finish three times as well as watching people play through it two time.. sounds like torture to me.
    Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Seroth

I'd say the game is comparable to something like Silent Hill. Silent Hill games have always had terrible combat, but always have a super crazy interesting story that compels you to keep playing. 'course, Silent Hill games also tend to have pretty graphics, which Deadly Premonition does not.

No More Heroes is a similar game. The combat in NMH was super repetitive, and not that polished. The graphics were, "eh", and the open world in Deadly Premonition is about a million times better than that of NMH. But the game was so crazy, that  you just had to keep playing.

And, again, the game is 20 dollars, and I remember paying 50 dollars for No More Heroes.

@YellowKing: 
    Yeah, I didn't do all the sidequests. I did the "essential ones" to get the radio, the infinite wrench, and the infinite SMG, as well as any other sidequests that I just happened upon while playing through the game normally.  I'm actually in the process of trying to get all the trading cards. It's pretty annoying how you can't save when you replay a chapter unless you beat it again...

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I can vouch for the time. My time and approach to the sidequests was identical to the Seroth's. I liked the game and find myself defending it from the haters. I do actually plan to clean up the cards one day but I don't know about going through two more playthroughs to S rank it though.

Avatar image for madmax_thegamer
    madmax_thegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By madmax_thegamer

You kind of actually have to play it to like it. It has a charm that slowly grows on you, and the early parts of the game are easily the worst. I took a little while to open up to it myself, but once I did I was glad I had purchased it. The more I watch these endurance runs the more I wonder about just how many games these guys actually play? Seeing how much of the game is borrowed you would think it mostly familiar territory for the guys, but I see them passing up all kinds of stuff and making some strange gamer mistakes. Still I am enjoying the two ER's on the site and am glad they are getting Deadly Premonition some attention. I have allways thought it's more fun to play a game than it is to watch it being played.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By fox01313
    @Seroth:
    Nice to hear that it's not insanely (FF13) long, any tips on the stupid wall zombie thing encountered in the game? Not needing spoilers but the thing is controller tossingly annoying & curious on how to get past the damn thing.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iamjohn

I beat it last night.  Missed a couple of the more obscure side missions, but it took me about 30 hours.  Gotta say, I love-love-LOVED the ending.  Super satisfying! 

@fox01313: Use the shotgun on them.  You also might want to do the second Psychic Spot side mission before it's too late (the game becomes linear until the Epilogue starting at Episode 4) and the two sidequests from Brian because those will give you two weapons that will make things a lot easier.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seroth
    @fox01313:  If you did the sideqeust to get the infinite wrench, it works really well on the wall-crawlers. I suppose a similar melee weapon would work as well. I've also heard the flamethrower is good to use against them (you need to get all the bones and give them to the graveyard guy, Brian, to get the infinite flamethrower).
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iamjohn
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mutha3
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iamjohn
    @mutha3 Well for one, I don't have it.  And for two, that makes no sense whatsoever. 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mutha3
    @iAmJohn said:

" @mutha3 Well for one, I don't have it.  And for two, that makes no sense whatsoever. 

"
    A compelling argument for sure....

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Seroth

Finally S-ranked this game!

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamjohn
    @Seroth said:
    " Finally S-ranked this game! "
    Two questions for you: 
    1. Can you get the "complete the game on ___ difficulty" achievement simply by replaying Epilogue on another difficulty?
    2. How do you get the trading card that's by the well at White Spruce Farm? 
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crono11
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Seroth said:
    " Finally S-ranked this game! "
    Two questions for you: 
    1. Can you get the "complete the game on ___ difficulty" achievement simply by replaying Epilogue on another difficulty?
    2. How do you get the trading card that's by the well at White Spruce Farm? 
    "
     The card you get when it's raining. I haven't beaten it so I can't help on the first one.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iamjohn
    @crono11 said:
    "  The card you get when it's raining. I haven't beaten it so I can't help on the first one. "
    Hahahahahaha!  This is exactly why I love this game; it's so goddamn out there but the second you said that, it made perfect sense.  Thanks so much, dude!
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crono11
    @iAmJohn: 
    Yeah I know eh. I was in the same situation as you. I'm at the farm looking at where the card should be thinking "what the hell" then I went and slept at the graveyard. On my way back I saw a blue light and boom, theres the card.
    Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seroth
    @iAmJohn: I'm pretty sure you have to beat the whole game on each difficulty. I remember replaying the Epilogue on Easy and didn't get the Easy achievement. I had to start a whole New Game to get the difficulty achievements. I do not know if it'll count if you beat each chapter individually through chapter select, either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.