Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Most Tedious Thing That You've Done in Deadly Premonition

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kevinski

Given the relaxed pace of Deadly Premonition, the game tends to encourage dawdling a lot. What's the most tedious thing you've done while playing the game? For me, I'm doing it right now. I'm watching each person arrive at the town meeting to see what it looks like when they get out of their cars. XD 

I kinda wonder if they always arrive in the same order...

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kevinski

01) Jim 
    02) Harry & Michael 
    03) Emily 
    04) Richard 
    05) Gina & Jack 
    06) Thomas 
    07) Keith 
    08) Lilly 
    09) George 

Hahahaha...George just totally failed at parking. He tried pulling into a parking space, only to completely overshoot it and loop around, eventually glitching to the point where he was almost at a standstill. Thing is, he kept on slooooooowly inching toward Harry and Michael, who were both standing in the parking lot, waiting for the meeting to arrive. Disappointingly, he didn't run them over. He's just sitting there in his SUV, honking his horn at Harry and Michael every so often. XD 

10) Polly 
    11) Quint 
    12) Nick 

That's the list of people who arrive before 15:00, anyway. Not sure if I'll wait much longer. I wonder if Sigourney drives. Scary thought. XD

DiscoDuck8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DiscoDuck8k

Stalking the art gallery for days trying to complete Diane's side mission. See, for me she had the icon above her head but was always hiding in her office and York doesn't let you go there for whatever reason. After extensive searching I finally found out the exact moment one could walk in and catch her in plain sight.

That's not the only side mission that requires perfect timing either; it was a pain trying to locate the twins for another one. They are constantly either A) in Kaysen's truck, B) behind closed doors at home, C) behind closed doors at Jim's cabin. By some miracle I saw them walking from the cabin in the process of going to Kaysen's truck.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I have a soft spot in my heart for DP but collecting all the cards got real old, real fast.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kevinski

I'm pretty sure that the order in which everyone gets to the community center is random. After 5:00 p.m., people seemed to gradually just teleport into the parking lot (I assume), because I was watching the only road into the place and noticed numerous people who hadn't passed me happening to be there whenever I turned around. 

As for collecting cards, I believe that I have 32 at the moment, and I just finished the chapter with the town meeting. I can't figure out how to get that one on the one farm to appear, as I can clearly see the card on the map, yet can't see it around that area while looking around.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Some logic would do you well regarding that card...
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By armaan8014
    @LunarAura said:
    "
    Some logic would do you well regarding that card... "
    I see what you did there...
    kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kevinski
    @LunarAura said:
    " Some logic would do you well regarding that card... "
    Ah, could've sworn that I'd already checked there. I'll look closer.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Crono11
    @kevinski said:
    " @LunarAura said:
    " Some logic would do you well regarding that card... "
    Ah, could've sworn that I'd already checked there. I'll look closer. "
    It has to be raining to get that card. At least if its the Spruce Farm one.
    funk_oddysey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By funk_oddysey

The final boss battles were tedious, luckily I had two infinite ammo weapons, I really despise the stairway run, button mashing makes my fingers fall off....

Chemi_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Chemi_ro

@DiscoDuck8k said:

Stalking the art gallery for days trying to complete Diane's side mission. See, for me she had the icon above her head but was always hiding in her office and York doesn't let you go there for whatever reason. After extensive searching I finally found out the exact moment one could walk in and catch her in plain sight. That's not the only side mission that requires perfect timing either; it was a pain trying to locate the twins for another one. They are constantly either A) in Kaysen's truck, B) behind closed doors at home, C) behind closed doors at Jim's cabin. By some miracle I saw them walking from the cabin in the process of going to Kaysen's truck.

Yeah it sucks Diane stays cooped up in her office most of the time...either that or she's hanging with Polly! Same with the twins. Best time I found to catch them was right when Lily was dropping them off at the cabin at 9am.

As for me the most tedious thing I've done is either wait for it to rain so I could do Emily's sidequests and searching Greenvale for all the red agent honors!

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EVO

@kevinski said:

I'm watching each person arrive at the town meeting to see what it looks like when they get out of their cars. XD I kinda wonder if they always arrive in the same order...

Is it weird that of all the things on this site--the endurance run, the communal praise, the memes--this is the thing that finally makes me wanna play Deadly Premonition.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Did you hear that, Zach?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.