Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

My suggestion to those who want to watch both ER's

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

If the first episode is any indication of the length that each video will go and the teams keep descently synced. then all we have to do is load up both videos and start with the VE J vid and watch they're commentary to a check point, a point where ur not stopping everything mid sentence. Switch to the shorter vid and watch to the checkpoint. Rinse and repeat.  Now by doing this you get the slow version and all the story stuff +plus commentary but with the shorter ur there for clearing up anything that does not make sense after the first viewing and getting the commentary from Team Bryn in a shorter time. Of course this is for someone who has time to spare. 

Note to those who will post saying things like "Another DP thread, :(. why are u wating time with this...useless" GTFO. nobody told  u had to look at every post by everybody and comment. If you dont want to see or read this, dont. As for those who will do the above b/c they're douche bags...have fun.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

Seriously, dude, we don't need five million fucking threads about the ER.  You can say "YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO READ THIS, YOU KNOW!" all you want, but when the entire top thread box is threads about the goddamn ER, it's kind of annoying.  There is absolutely no reason you couldn't have posted this in any of the other ones.

Christ, now I know how all the Persona haters felt.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Seriously, dude, we don't need five million fucking threads about the ER.  You can say "YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO READ THIS, YOU KNOW!" all you want, but when the entire top thread box is threads about the goddamn ER, it's kind of annoying.  There is absolutely no reason you couldn't have posted this in any of the other ones. "
    There is nothing wrong with this thread - it's a good suggestion. Leave the moderating to the moderators, please.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By larryrules138
    @MB said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Seriously, dude, we don't need five million fucking threads about the ER.  You can say "YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO READ THIS, YOU KNOW!" all you want, but when the entire top thread box is threads about the goddamn ER, it's kind of annoying.  There is absolutely no reason you couldn't have posted this in any of the other ones. "
    There is nothing wrong with this thread - it's a good suggestion. Leave the moderating to the moderators, please. "
    I can't be an internet tough guy and tell people to stop talking on a forum which exists solely for conversation? That is communist, sir, and I won't stand for it.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

That's how I did it. I had both videos loaded on two tabs and switched. It was pretty cool. I can see it becoming taxing over a period of time, plus I was yelling go left or check the map a couple of times. Still fun.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn
    @larryrules138 said:
    " I can't be an internet tough guy and tell people to stop talking on a forum which exists solely for conversation? That is communist, sir, and I won't stand for it. "
    Right, because that's EXACTLY what I was doing.

I was going to stay out of this mostly because I decided to talk to MB directly about this instead of turning this thread into a bitchfest, but please don't accuse me of shit I didn't say, thank you.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By larryrules138
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @larryrules138 said:
    " I can't be an internet tough guy and tell people to stop talking on a forum which exists solely for conversation? That is communist, sir, and I won't stand for it. "
    Right, because that's EXACTLY what I was doing.  I was going to stay out of this mostly because I decided to talk to MB directly about this instead of turning this thread into a bitchfest, but please don't accuse me of shit I didn't say, thank you. "
    I kind of handled that poorly; I didn't even mean that in reference to you, but in reference to a recent turn of events in my own thread. Sorry dawg.
    super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By super2j
    @Claude said:
    " That's how I did it. I had both videos loaded on two tabs and switched. It was pretty cool. I can see it becoming taxing over a period of time, plus I was yelling go left or check the map a couple of times. Still fun. "
    Thank you, this comment here is the only one that counts. Honestly i found it kinda funny how some of the jokes they made were identical or borderline.
    Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shiftshaper

Thank you for telling me how to watch my fucking videos. I still think I can, yknow, watch them one at a time? I can remember what the other team said at the same point an hour ago, my memory isnt that bad.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Bones8677
    @super2j said:
    " If the first episode is any indication of the length that each video will go and the teams keep descently synced. then all we have to do is load up both videos and start with the VE J vid and watch they're commentary to a check point, a point where ur not stopping everything mid sentence. Switch to the shorter vid and watch to the checkpoint. Rinse and repeat.  Now by doing this you get the slow version and all the story stuff +plus commentary but with the shorter ur there for clearing up anything that does not make sense after the first viewing and getting the commentary from Team Bryn in a shorter time. Of course this is for someone who has time to spare.  Note to those who will post saying things like "Another DP thread, :(. why are u wating time with this...useless" GTFO. nobody told  u had to look at every post by everybody and comment. If you dont want to see or read this, dont. As for those who will do the above b/c they're douche bags...have fun. "
    That's actually a pretty interesting idea that I had not considered. I just might try that at some point.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spaceturtle

I think I'll just stick  to watching them one at the time, regulary,  ya know. But thanks for  sharing your thoughts thou.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By birchman
    @Shiftshaper said:

" Thank you for telling me how to watch my fucking videos. I still think I can, yknow, watch them one at a time? I can remember what the other team said at the same point an hour ago, my memory isnt that bad. "

In psychology, displacement is an unconcious defense mechanism whereby the mind redirects affects from an object felt to be dangerous or unacceptable to an object felt to be safe or acceptable.    
    BronzDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By BronzDragon

This only works if you assume they're both going through the game at the same speed. these episodes both ended at the same point because they died at the same point, but what if next time, one team dies but the other doesn't?

Besides, doing it this way may get boring after a while, because it it works, you do about twice as long about the same section every time.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#14  Edited By citizenkane

I am just going to watch Brad+Ryan first and then Vinny+Jeff next for each episode.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I'm just gonna watch one after the other. I watched Jeff and Vinny's episode first for the first episode... and I watched Brad and Ryan's video first for the second episode.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Brendan
    @buckybit said:
    "either way, no matter what you guys prefer, we all will be whistling this annoying, annoying ... awesome stupid tune :) "

Already done, good sir.   

The OP's idea is a fine suggestion, but I like to start with VJ and follow up with BR.  The finding stuff out with hilarious commentary part first, than the quicker and easier to swallow version after to flesh it out.
    Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aas

Please don't refer to it as DP. That acronym already has certain connotations.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By D0tti
    @CitizenKane said:

" I am just going to watch Brad+Ryan first and then Vinny+Jeff next for each episode. "

Basically what i'm doing also. And I still remember what BR said on some off the specific spots and wonder if VJ are going to say the same thing or comment at the same specific spot.
    Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Tasus

I see the shortest video, and then skip a bit through the boring parts in the other.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Yeaahh....I'll just watch one at a time.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You could attempt to watch both at the same time and feel your mind slowly regress.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cooljammer00

I'm watching the BR videos because they seem shorter and I'm a sucker for the new guys.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee
    @Aas said:
    "Please don't refer to it as DP. That acronym already has certain connotations. "

When it's used in the Deadly Premonition board, I think it's suitable enough..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.