Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

New SWERY Interview! (Translated from the Portuguese)

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Animagess

Why hello there, kiddies.  It's time for yet another SWERY interview!

There's a bit more of a story to this one as I actually had to track down the original interviewer, Heiter De Paola, to ask if I could post the English version on Planet REDWOOD.  He's from Brazil and writes for Gamerview, but he's apparently bilingual (I contacted him via Twitter and he very graciously e-mailed me the English transcript, which I don't think has been posted anywhere else yet).  Anyway, I really dig his line of questioning, and there's some stuff in here that SWERY hasn't talked about in other interviews.  Like, did you know that if SWERY had set out to make the game he intended in the first place (even before Rainy Woods), we could have been playing "Lady York does CSI on the mean streets of Big American City, USA"?  Also, it's made pretty clear that SWERY knows how ridiculous it is to find ammo in mailboxes and have "Agent Honor" tokens floating everywhere, but they thought it was more interesting to keep them in.  And he was right.

Anyway, please enjoy this tasty lunch.  It's so much more than a delicious crunch.  So says Mr. Stewart.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I liked his comment on the map. DP is probably the first game where I've actually memorized the layout of the town.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By beej

I loved the game mad props to swery and all that, I'm just glad that he admitted that if given the choice he'd let you zoom the map out more.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Animagess

I think he's pretty aware of what the technical flaws were... The post-mortem in GDM definitely indicated the production went through its share of problems.  The lead programmer says it was their first time working on a next-gen console and that their data management was a "failure", where SWERY cites the biggest problem as their scheduling.  Even the sound quality is cited as being "regrettable".

However, it definitely makes me even more excited to see what else SWERY and his team could get up to with more confidence and experience under their belt.  I will always love everything about DP, but obviously SWERY and Access think they can do better, and I would love to see that happen. 

jos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jos4
    @Animagess said:
    "  I think he's pretty aware of what the technical flaws were... The post-mortem in GDM definitely indicated the production went through its share of problems.  The lead programmer says it was their first time working on a next-gen console and that their data management was a "failure", where SWERY cites the biggest problem as their scheduling.  Even the sound quality is cited as being "regrettable".     However, it definitely makes me even more excited to see what else SWERY and his team could get up to with more confidence and experience under their belt.  I will always love everything about DP, but obviously SWERY and Access think they can do better, and I would love to see that happen.  "
    I agree with you, word by word. Even letter by letter.
    TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TylDurden
    @Animagess said:
    "  I think he's pretty aware of what the technical flaws were... The post-mortem in GDM definitely indicated the production went through its share of problems.  The lead programmer says it was their first time working on a next-gen console and that their data management was a "failure", where SWERY cites the biggest problem as their scheduling.  Even the sound quality is cited as being "regrettable".     However, it definitely makes me even more excited to see what else SWERY and his team could get up to with more confidence and experience under their belt.  I will always love everything about DP, but obviously SWERY and Access think they can do better, and I would love to see that happen.  "
    I'm a little scared to see what would happen if they cleaned up (out) all the uniqueness that makes Red Seeds great.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

Great interview.  He seems pretty self-aware of things.  I'd like another game from him, but with better gameplay.

TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TylDurden

@DOUBLESHOCK said:

" Great interview.  He seems pretty self-aware of things.  I'd like another game from him, but with better gameplay. "

so another generic shooter with an interesting plot?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JoelTGM
    @TylDurden said:
    "  @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" Great interview.  He seems pretty self-aware of things.  I'd like another game from him, but with better gameplay. "

so another generic shooter with an interesting plot? "
    yeah, like how Mass Effect 2 handled it, except with even less shooting and more focus on exploration.
    TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TylDurden
    @DOUBLESHOCK:
    Sad. The best part about DP is that its unlike any other game on the market and utilizes its "low budget" to its advantage, if it was anything like Mass Effect I never woulda played it, just like I never played Mass Effect
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
    @TylDurden said:
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:

so another generic shooter with an interesting plot? "

I would like the gameplay to atleast function properly, so if its generic who cares as long as the story holds its own. 
    TylDurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TylDurden
    @Bloodgraiv3:
    The gameplay did function properly. Did you not play RE4? I never once had a problem with shooting or driving.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By ArchScabby

Hooray!  An interview with a talentless game developer!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.