Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Not sure which ER to watch?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Personally, I hate that we have two different versions of the ER for the same game, because now I have to pick favorites between my four favorite games writin people. i know Jeff and Vinny got the ER XP, but the lure of Brad pulling a brad multiple times might prove too great. And I really dont think i would have the time or energy to watch both versions side by side. argh, i dont know what to do, whats the funnier one?
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hourai
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " whats the funnier one? "
    VJ.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
    @Hourai:

any reason why? (god, knowing me, im more than likely going to watch all of both version eventually)
    lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lukeissxc

VJ makes me laugh more but i find both entertaining so I watch both of them. Although BR is a little ahead of VJ I still find it entertaining to watch them play through stuff I've already seen.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By RobotHamster

Both are hilarious.  But watching Brad playing is just... well its Brad so theres alot of yelling at your screen.  But both are funny and since the games becoming more open now they'll both be taking different paths making each ER more unique.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hourai
    @Raven_Sword said:

" @Hourai: any reason why? (god, knowing me, im more than likely going to watch all of both version eventually) "

Not to say the BR version is bad, but I find they complain a bit (a lot) too much. I know it's not the greatest game, but at least VJ just go with it and have fun. BR has a lot of sighing and "this game is terrible". But if that doesn't really bother you, then it mostly comes down to which two personalities you prefer.   They're both worth watching, but if I had to pick one, I'd choose VJ.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Hourai said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:

" @Hourai: any reason why? (god, knowing me, im more than likely going to watch all of both version eventually) "

Not to say the BR version is bad, but I find they complain a bit (a lot) too much. I know it's not the greatest game, but at least VJ just go with it and have fun. BR has a lot of sighing and "this game is terrible". But if that doesn't really bother you, then it mostly comes down to which two personalities you prefer.   They're both worth watching, but if I had to pick one, I'd choose VJ. "
    @RobotHamster said:
    " Both are hilarious.  But watching Brad playing is just... well its Brad so theres alot of yelling at your screen.  But both are funny and since the games becoming more open now they'll both be taking different paths making each ER more unique. "
    Both of these. I find myself doing a lot more yelling while watching Brad and Ryan because they don't seem to pick up on obvious gameplay concepts, whereas when Vinny and Jeff get to the same part they pick up on things immediately. I also feel like Brad is making no attempts to even seem interested by the game, whereas the rest of the crew is at least trying to have fun with it.

Also, Vinny and Jeff have better commentary and jokes.
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Ulong

Vinny and Jeff are more likely to spend time doing any of the cool sidequests, and the sidequests are really alot of the fun this game has to offer.

Edit: also the other stuff about vinny and jeff being the happy run.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YellowKing

What's weird is that BR is moving along faster but they're completely oblivious to things like rapid door opening, car transition skipping (Start!), and the "bees".  Granted, DP isn't a game with a well fleshed out tutorial for all its different systems, for that you need the manual.  Then again, there was nothing about the first two items on that list in the manual...

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By cap123
    @YellowKing:  they worked out door opening at the end of the latest one.

i'd go VJ, BR has been picking up lately but vinny and jeff are alot more positive, which you need to be when you're going to be spending so long with a game which has gameplay problems.. even if it is a fun experience at times.
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Trilogy
    @YellowKing said:
    " What's weird is that BR is moving along faster but they're completely oblivious to things like rapid door opening, car transition skipping (Start!), and the "bees".  Granted, DP isn't a game with a well fleshed out tutorial for all its different systems, for that you need the manual.  Then again, there was nothing about the first two items on that list in the manual... "
    Brad discovered rapid door opening in today's episode. It was glorious. 
    armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By armaan8014

BOTH GODDAMMIT

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.