Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Perfect Endurance Run

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Undeadpool

The problem with the P4 endurance run (if one can call it a problem) is that it wasn't a terrible game! Eventually even Vinny and Jeff started actually caring...an AWFUL lot about the characters. 
    This though? This is like Mystery Science Theater 3000 for a videogame. Perfectly, I love it.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By YellowKing

I dunno.  Even if it's not quite for the same reasons, I think they've started to warm up to York.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ashogo

I agree that it's a perfect endurance run, but for different reasons. The game is just the right mixture of weird, crazy, and wtf, sort of like p4 was. And I happen to think it looks like a good game.
    Besides, Vinny and Jeff becoming attached to the p4 characters was part of what made the run so great. Hopefully they can get at least half as invested in York.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ramyun

I think that this one has more potential since there would be less downtime between weird stuff since there were some episodes of the Persona 4 Endurance Run that were just grinding, Deadly Premonition, on the other hand, is all weird, all the time!

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Dingofighter
    @Ramyun said:
    " I think that this one has more potential since there would be less downtime between weird stuff since there were some episodes of the Persona 4 Endurance Run that were just grinding, Deadly Premonition, on the other hand, is all weird, all the time! "
    It's true but without the grinding episodes we would have never met Ghoul! (atleast I think it was in one of the grinding episodes)
    BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BionicMonster
    @MaFoLu: Ghoul showed up alot, but his best moments were during the grinds.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Evilsbane

Well even though this game is BAD and strange, the story is surprisingly ... interesting so not only is funny because we can pick fun at the bad bits but we get to unravel a crazy Japanese tale.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8  Edited By Undeadpool
    @ashogo said:
    " I agree that it's a perfect endurance run, but for different reasons. The game is just the right mixture of weird, crazy, and wtf, sort of like p4 was. And I happen to think it looks like a good game. Besides, Vinny and Jeff becoming attached to the p4 characters was part of what made the run so great. Hopefully they can get at least half as invested in York. "
    Conceptually I think the game has legs, but the writing is just AWFUL. "Call me York, that's what everyone calls me." "Good that's good!" I'm hopelessly addicted once again.
    shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By shaun832

I agree with some of the reviews for this game: 'It's so bad, it's good'. This game has a lot of charm that you don't see very often in today's games. The reason people like this game is because it's bad. I get the feeling that this Endurance Run is going to continuously get better and better.

NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By NZV

The music cracks me up more than anything. My favorite so far was in the autopsy room. Everything's all serious, and then suddenly the game plays one of its 3 or so jolly tunes while the mutilated corpse is right there.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By dietmango

Man, almost everything about this game is awful. But man, is it so endearing. I actually hated watching the first episodes, then come the next ones, I couldn't stop watching. This game's got so much charm, you want to enjoy it because it's so terrible. I'm starting to warm up to York as well, and can't wait to see what actually happens as the story progresses. I am completely intrigued.

Oh btw, the soundtrack is awesome.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman

I wasn't sure about the game going in, but now that were in the thick of things, I love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.