Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Protip: If you hate the combat

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sixghost

Once you have about $4000, you can purchase something called "Spirit Map A", or something like that, from the Milk Barn, from the greaser guy. It'll cost you $2000, and you'll need to stock up on some first aid with the rest of your money. Buying the map will start the sidequest called "Cope's Tunnel". The mission is basically 4 arena-style rooms with around 5-6 zombies in each room, most of which are pretty easy. However, the last room has a bunch of zombies with shotguns, which is actually pretty hard, hence the suggestion to stock up on first aid. Feel free to use all the SMG ammo you have gathered so far, you won't be needing it soon. Otherwise, you can just grind it out by using stimulants to sneak around for extended periods of time, then just use your melee weapons to kill the zombies quickly.

At the end of this you will get an Infinite Ammo SMG, which pretty much allows you to blow through most of the combat, making the game much more enjoyable in my opinion.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Cool tip. Just another similarity to RE5.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By YellowKing

Really, you get enough 10mm ammo that it isn't too big of a difference, but it also has double the capacity, so that's always cool.
    Also, for that last challenge room, hold your breath to sneak by the shotgun zombies and get to cover so you can duck behind it when they take a shot at you.  Or shoot them in the head when they're charging it, that works too.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ch3burashka

But then that would make for a fun ER. The point is that they're stumbling about, trying to figure out what the hell they're doing. To look up "cheats" and hints such as these will ruin the spirit of ER.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YellowKing

Yeah, but the game leads you into a lot of these sidequests by telling you on the map where you can go to get them.  This one starts at the convenience store, so they'll probably see it when it first shows up regardless.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sixghost
    @CH3BURASHKA said:
    " But then that would make for a fun ER. The point is that they're stumbling about, trying to figure out what the hell they're doing. To look up "cheats" and hints such as these will ruin the spirit of ER. "
    It was more meant for people on the forums who are playing the game, not the ER. But I hope the ER will eventually get this gun if only because it speeds up the combat, which is really the least interesting part of the game.
    elfbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By elfbot

Seriously the infinite smg or shotgun are necessary for playing through the game.

DelayTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By DelayTheSun

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the cope tunnel marker off the map?  I completed the quest and scored the gun but the orange marker is still there.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YellowKing

Sadly no, and I don't know why.  It's a different color than the normal mission flag and easy to avoid if you use Cope's Tunnel.  Still, I agree it should not appear on the minimap once you've beaten it.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sixghost
    @YellowKing said:
    " Sadly no, and I don't know why.  It's a different color than the normal mission flag and easy to avoid if you use Cope's Tunnel.  Still, I agree it should not appear on the minimap once you've beaten it. "
    It's kind of nice if you use the shotgun a ton. It's the fastest way to stockpile a ton of shotgun ammo if you run out, and it would be kind of a pain to find again if it wasn't there.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sixghost

I don't mind that it stays there, it's a great place to refill on shotgun ammo if you use it a ton.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Seroth

I wonder how the Endurance Run will go once they run into the wall-crawling zombies. Just ran into those yesterday, and they took FOREVER to kill with the infinite SMG. Then I discovered you could kill them rather quickly with my Infinite wrench, which is also a useful item that can be gotten through sidemissions.

subtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By subtek

When is the earliest time you can pick up these sidequests?  I'm stuck with low ammo facing crawlers under the gallery in chapter 2 pt. 2.  I'm trying to decide if I should go back earlier to do the infinite smg sidequest, but obviously I don't want to do that if it's not gonna be unlocked yet.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Seroth

I believe the SMG quest unlocks at Chapter 6. But the SMG doesn't help much against the wall-crawlers. Melee weapons and the flamethrower take down the crawlies the fastest (The flamethrower can be gotten starting at Chapter 6 by getting all the bones and bringing them to Brian...but you should bring them all at once to Kaysen first to get the infinite magnum).

subtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By subtek

Flamethrower did the trick, thanks!

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By mutha3

The Infinite Magnum makes most enemies in this game a joke.

You've got a guitar to deal with the rest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.