Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

recent Annoyed Gamer

jasius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jasius

The recent Annoyed Gamer Mark Beer talks to Jimmothy Sterling about Deadly Premonition and licks his shoes for all the help Jim's review did for the game. But GB did more for this game than the game really deserved, kinda gross how he didn't acknowledge that fact, oh well tosspots!

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By erhard

This shall go down in history as one of the biggest crimes of our time.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Let me get this straight another guy licked some man's shoe? Alrighty then....

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Two of the most abrasive personalities in the industry in one room. They deserve eachother.

And I want to add that, whenever I see a guy who goes by Annoyed/Angry/Raging Gamer or whatever, I think of this.

Loading Video...

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats a Annoyed gamer.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jasius said:

The recent Annoyed Gamer Mark Beer talks to Jimmothy Sterling about Deadly Premonition and licks his shoes for all the help Jim's review did for the game. But GB did more for this game than the game really deserved, kinda gross how he didn't acknowledge that fact, oh well tosspots!

I highly doubt that the couple of dozens of individuals on giantbomb interested in Deadly Premonition had something to do with its non-failure, since I wouldn't call it a success.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two of the most abrasive personalities in the industry in one room. They deserve eachother.

Jim's one of the good guys. Don't hate.

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the fuck is this buffoon? And why should anyone still care about the most fucking played out concept: the "angry gamer"? Did GameTrailers get blue balls when AVGN stopped making regular episodes? Fucking mongols

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

His personality is really offputting for me. Sorry, I guess.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JouselDelka
    @mariachimacabre said:

lol at the idea of "personalities" in the video game coverage "industry," I've been playing games since 1995 and it still fucking cracks me up that these "personalities" exist and we talk about them like they're legitimately doing something. If you drop the entire tier of VIDEO GAME personalities off the earth and watch random dudes' lets plays on youtube you won't be missing out anything on coverage.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Humanity

Whats a Annoyed gamer.

It's TotalBiscuit, except corporate.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can we please stop posting about this guy? Who cares.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By abendlaender

@jerseyscum said:
    @mariachimacabre said:

lol at the idea of "personalities" in the video game coverage "industry," I've been playing games since 1995 and it still fucking cracks me up that these "personalities" exist and we talk about them like they're legitimately doing something. If you drop the entire tier of VIDEO GAME personalities off the earth and watch random dudes' lets plays on youtube you won't be missing out anything on coverage.

Couldn't disagree more

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jimmyfenix

@humanity said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Whats a Annoyed gamer.

Oh like Pewdiepie Just Joking.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Whats a Annoyed gamer.

TotalBiscuit isn't corporate? What does corporate even mean in this context

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Whats a Annoyed gamer.

Oh like Pewdiepie Just Joking.

I don't know much about Pewdiepie except I watched like 3 of his videos and believe he is the quintessence of everything I hate about YouTube "celebrities"

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jerseyscum said:
    @mariachimacabre said:

Kind of ironic you say that in a personality driven video game website.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Milkman

@jerseyscum said:
    @mariachimacabre said:

Do you realize what site you're on?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Jim Sterling's great.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was actually a pretty great little video.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee
    @fattony12000 said:

That was actually a pretty great little video.

Totally. I think it's unfortunate how there's this stigma against Sterling, when lately he, ironically enough, comes across as one of the more rational and reasonable videogamesmen in the industry. His talk about the extravagance and over budgeting of games marketing in particular is worth checking the video out for.

Plus, the guy likes him some Silent Hill: Downpour, so he's got my respect regardless :P

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@klei said:

@jasius said:

I highly doubt that the couple of dozens of individuals on giantbomb interested in Deadly Premonition had something to do with its non-failure, since I wouldn't call it a success.

To be fair, DP topped the amazon 360 sales charts (beating Battlefield Bad Company 2 and whatever COD came out that year) the week GB started their ERs, something like 2 months after it's release (so it wouldn't have only been hype for 'oh you have to play this wacky game'). Maybe those two incidents are completely separate but if not, it wouldn't be the first time this website produced interesting amazon purchasing decisions. *coughzojirushicough*

Avatar image for purplemoustache
    PurpleMoustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I mainly attach a stigma to him (and Destructoid, as he's not the only person there that SOMEONE ELSE at the company had to apologize for) because of this: http://auntiepixelante.com/?p=912. And also because all of his shows comes down to him ranting about things, without taking other sides perspectives into question.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annoyed Gamer, more like annoying gamer (all Gamers).

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I mainly attach a stigma to him (and Destructoid, as he's not the only person there that SOMEONE ELSE at the company had to apologize for) because of this: http://auntiepixelante.com/?p=912. And also because all of his shows comes down to him ranting about things, without taking other sides perspectives into question.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

Also, I remember how noticeably upset Jim used to be that giant bomb stole his thunder with the whole DP endurance run thing. That said, he really tried to sell that game hard when it came out. So I can understand him being a bit jilted, what with having such a stake in seeing the game succeed. It was still pretty funny though.

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Annoyed Gamer aka Marcus, While he might sound like he goes off the deep end he has many good points that are aimed at helping the consumer/gamer rather than publishers and developers. He has been in the industry for a while and has been on the other side of the media/publisher relationship.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.