Seems like team BR won't finish the Endurance Run at ep 40

• 0 results
#1 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Checking Vinny's image page it seems that there is still a BR 41

This means that this Bossfight took Brad  so long that he needed 1.5 hours.

GODDAMIT BRAD

#2 Posted by kevinski (456 posts) -

Speaking of which, where's episode 40? I know that there were problems with it before, but damn...what's taking them so long to post it again?

#3 Posted by EToaster (129 posts) -

The VJ run took 2 videos from a few minutes past the point where BR stopped in 39, so  I wouldn't really say anything yet.  The SMG is more effective on the last boss than on George's forms too.  I still can't believe neither of them even thought to try any of their other weapons on him...

#4 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

Vinny tweeted that episode 40 was an hour and a half long. If they didn't finish the game, I'm only going to assume that Brad died a butt-ton. Should make for compelling viewing.

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

I hope it goes up soon.

#6 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

There's already a thumbnail for BR-41 soooo....

#7 Posted by kevinski (456 posts) -
@Castro said:
" Vinny tweeted that episode 40 was an hour and a half long."
Ouchies.
#8 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

before this ER i was willing to think that Brad was actually pretty good at games and he just got the wrong end of the arguement shotgun. 

After yelling at brad (and hence my computer) for the last 20 or so hours i'm gonna retract that statement.

#9 Posted by RobotHamster (4175 posts) -

Sooo is ep 40 anywhere or is it just not posted yet.

#10 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -
@Castro said:
" Vinny tweeted that episode 40 was an hour and a half long. If they didn't finish the game, I'm only going to assume that Brad died a butt-ton. Should make for compelling viewing. "
In the words of Brad Shoemaker himself: "Holy shit!"
#11 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@EToaster said:

" The VJ run took 2 videos from a few minutes past the point where BR stopped in 39, so  I wouldn't really say anything yet.  The SMG is more effective on the last boss than on George's forms too.  I still can't believe neither of them even thought to try any of their other weapons on him... "

No it isn't. It took Brad 30 minutes more then Vinny to kill George. Who(and I was seriously amazed at this) finally decided to use other weapons.

Vinny took 10 minutes more then the average person. I...i just hope these 30 minutes extra came from them messing around a lot, and not Brad firing at slivers of Kaysen's health with the weakest weapon in the game.

PS. Vinny screwed around a lot as well.So I'm wrong.
#12 Edited by Princess_Isabela (163 posts) -

If there is BR-41, that doesn't mean they didn't finish the game in BR-40. 
They could very well have done so, but decided to do side missions afterwards.

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -
@Princess_Isabela said:
They could very well have done so, but decided to do side missions afterwards. "
Yeah, no. They won't do that.
#14 Posted by kevinski (456 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" before this ER i was willing to think that Brad was actually pretty good at games and he just got the wrong end of the arguement shotgun.  After yelling at brad (and hence my computer) for the last 20 or so hours i'm gonna retract that statement. "
You know, I had a thought the other day: Since Brad obviously plays a lot of games willfully, I can only assume that he's good at some of them. I mean, otherwise, how could you possibly take on gaming as a hobby (or a profession)? I'd be interested to see a list of games that Brad is good at. In fact, I think that I'll check to see which games he's gotten the vast majority of achievements in...or at least what he's playing.
#15 Posted by Princess_Isabela (163 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @Princess_Isabela said:
They could very well have done so, but decided to do side missions afterwards. "
Yeah, no. They won't do that. "
how do you know? 

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -
@Princess_Isabela said:
" @natetodamax said:
how do you know?  "
Quote from Brad from last episode: 

"Man, I can't wait till I don't have to play this anymore" 

Or something along those lines
#17 Posted by august (3853 posts) -
@kevinski said:
" @jadeskye said:
" before this ER i was willing to think that Brad was actually pretty good at games and he just got the wrong end of the arguement shotgun.  After yelling at brad (and hence my computer) for the last 20 or so hours i'm gonna retract that statement. "
You know, I had a thought the other day: Since Brad obviously plays a lot of games willfully, I can only assume that he's good at some of them. I mean, otherwise, how could you possibly take on gaming as a hobby (or a profession)? I'd be interested to see a list of games that Brad is good at. In fact, I think that I'll check to see which games he's gotten the vast majority of achievements in...or at least what he's playing. "
Well he's Gold tier in the Starcraft 2 beta.
#18 Posted by Seroth (722 posts) -

I think Brad did particularly poor while playing Deadly Premonition simply because he didn't take it seriously enough. I'm not saying Deadly Premonition should be taken seriously, but he threw caution to the wind here!

#19 Posted by Princess_Isabela (163 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @natetodamax said:
how do you know?  "
Quote from Brad from last episode:  "Man, I can't wait till I don't have to play this anymore"  Or something along those lines "
he said many things, don't take it for granted.
#20 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -

I think we should all take this time to curse at Brad.

#21 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@kevinski: He's the highest rank you can get (if I recall correctly) in SC2's 2v2 Beta.
#22 Posted by lukeissxc (245 posts) -

You guys really need to chill out. You've most likely seen the end of the VJ ER so what the hell is the big deal? You already know the ending so its not like hes holding you back or anything. Instead of yelling at Brad maybe you should chill out and find something else to do. If you're really taking this stuff so seriously that it makes you curse at your computer screen then you need some serious help.

#23 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -
@Urmean: Not Brad's fault at all, curse the demonic powers of video transfer/corruption.
#24 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

I've been on my laptop for the last 2 hours waiting for the Endurance Run. Grrrr

#25 Posted by Tsukiyomi (77 posts) -

He only got the achievment for beating DP today, so yeah it's likely that it doesn't end at BR-40.
Maybe he pulls a VJ and we have to wait for the ending?

#26 Posted by ZmillA (2273 posts) -

more than likely they stop the same as VJ did after the boss fight

#27 Posted by SonicBoyster (357 posts) -
@lukeissxc: At which point was someone cursing at their computer screen?  Most of this thread is about brad, and I'd bet 95% of it is playful.
#28 Posted by Mcfart (1658 posts) -

WHARS
MY
BR
Endurance Run =(

#29 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -
@august said:
" @kevinski said:
" @jadeskye said:
You know, I had a thought the other day: Since Brad obviously plays a lot of games willfully, I can only assume that he's good at some of them. I mean, otherwise, how could you possibly take on gaming as a hobby (or a profession)? I'd be interested to see a list of games that Brad is good at. In fact, I think that I'll check to see which games he's gotten the vast majority of achievements in...or at least what he's playing. "
Well he's Gold tier in the Starcraft 2 beta. "
Practice makes perfect :P
#30 Posted by Mcfart (1658 posts) -

i want my er :(

#31 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -

So, who broke what at Giantbomb HQ?

#32 Posted by dudeglove (8010 posts) -

Vinny said over twitter that the compressor balked, but that it should be up eventually.

I'm surprised that, despite people slamming Brad for his alleged poor playing style, they still want to watch his Endurance Run.

#33 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

They MIGHT be just splitting the video into 2 parts in order to get it up due to compression issues... or they might be getting drunk now, who knows.

#34 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

Any more news on episode 40?

#35 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" Any more news on episode 40? "
Ryan and Vinny say it's a doozy.
#36 Posted by armaan8014 (5416 posts) -

This should be fun!

#37 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -
@Legend said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" Any more news on episode 40? "
Ryan and Vinny say it's a doozy. "
I know its a doozy but I just want confirmation if its going to go up tonight at all. Its already 1:47AM here:(
#38 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -
@OneManX said:
"They MIGHT be just splitting the video into 2 parts in order to get it up due to compression issues... or they might be getting drunk now, who knows. "

or...both?
#39 Posted by V (328 posts) -

Maybe its like team VJ where they finish the game and 41 is just the end credits and maybe some side missions

#40 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@V said:
" Maybe its like team VJ where they finish the game and 41 is just the end credits and maybe some side missions "
Its almost cute how people  try to fool themselves into thinking that the following 1.5 hours of ER isn't just going to be Brad firing a smg at a final boss. all three of them.

:'(
#41 Posted by V (328 posts) -
#42 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@V: Spoiler tag doesn't work.
#43 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
"I'm surprised that, despite people slamming Brad for his alleged poor playing style, they still want to watch his Endurance Run. "

Why is that surprising?  People watch for the humor, Brad and Ryan's reactions to and thoughts on things, and just generally how the game progresses for them, not deft overcoming of obstacles.  That doesn't mean Brad's poor playing isn't annoying to behold in the meantime, to say the least, but I don't see why that should keep even the most critical viewers from watching.
#44 Posted by V (328 posts) -
@mutha3:    

SPOILERS!!! READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE END 

I think that Brad gets stuck once on the raincoat killer part (like figuring out where to go, what to do, and how to get there, dies at least once on second kaysen, not being able to hit all of the face buttons in time, and a couple times on final kaysen because of how the control scheme changes when kaysen does the ground hit, and once or twice cause he cant find the doll in kaysens pocket                          
#45 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@V said:
" @mutha3:    

SPOILERS!!! READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE END   I think that Brad gets stuck once on the raincoat killer part (like figuring out where to go, what to do, and how to get there, dies at least once on second kaysen, not being able to hit all of the face buttons in time, and a couple times on final kaysen because of how the control scheme changes when kaysen does the ground hit, and once or twice cause he cant find the doll in kaysens pocket                           "
But, really, all of the above happened to Vinny as well. With exception of dying.

And that's not enough to add an extra 30 minutes. I think we're just looking at Brad using the weakest weapon AGAIN.

Oh well. We'll see.
#46 Posted by Pie (7108 posts) -

Where my ER!?

#47 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -
#48 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

I'm surprised that, despite people slamming Brad for his alleged poor playing style, they still want to watch his Endurance Run. "

Fuck that. I want to see what RYAN has to say about it, not Brad.

I hope that if they do an ER ever again it will just be Jeff, Vinny and Ryan while Brad goes out to get them food or something.
#49 Edited by OneManX (1693 posts) -

To quote my comment: 

To be honest,to everyone that is complaining throughout BOTH ERs, how many people who've played this game, used GameFAQs, looked up forums or used other sources on the web to find out the various secrets of this game. It's obvious that this game does a pretty crappy job at conveying what you are supposed to do in the boss battles, especially when it comes to the final moments.     

EDIT: To everyone that said, "Dammit Brad" 

Neither Brad nor Ryan figured out that you had to shoot the doll in his front pocket until the 3rd time.

#50 Posted by yakityyakblah (163 posts) -

I actually did play through the game and Brad just sucks at it. Beyond just figuring shit out which both he and Ryan are guilty of, he just sucks at the very mechanics of the game, he sucks at most games. He has no reaction time, and despite working for a gaming website for the majority of his career somehow manages to fail grasping at the very simplest and most common of videogame tropes. 

How long did it take him to figure out the barrels exploded? That is possibly the most common and obvious cliche in all of gaming, and he didn't figure it out. How many times did he fail to recognize obvious endless enemy respawns? How many times did he smash his head while just trying to open a god damn door? How long did it take him to figure out to reload at every opportunity? How long did it take him to figure out how to kill the wall ladies effectively? He's become a meme for dying in videogames. 

He's a great editor don't get me wrong, but don't lie to yourself, Brad sucks at games. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.