Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

so gents, where do you think we go from here for a ER

• 137 results
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

it seems at the end of this week, at least  one endurance run will be over and the other wont be so far benhind, (id say its good timing considering e3 is around the corner) 

when do you think we will see another endurance run, and what game do you think is a good fit? after doing persona 4 and coming to this afterwards was genius,but where do you go from there? and it seems release dates don' t matter for the team  since hell they started the er of this game when it came out, 

the obvious answer would be persona 5 but i dunno if BR would do that one

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rockanomics

I'd like a wild turn, like an old strategy game, looking at my Rise of Legends box at the moment. Or maybe X-Wing/TIE Fighter or another flight sim as equally ancient. 

Obviously they've been doing things that are close to relevant, but who knows. Not a fan of the dueling ERs myself, I tried to keep up but I couldn't after they got a bit separated.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Much like this one, I'm glad to wait until the right game that is the proper mix of fun characters, long length and crazy-ass story comes along.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ryax

your moms house. OH SHIT DID I JUST GO THERE?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

do mount and blade warband!

the endurance run would actually be an endurance run, since the game never ends. it's not a 'bad' game though.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamjohn
    @Ryax said:
    " your moms house. OH SHIT DID I JUST GO THERE? "
    YOU FUCKIN' DID!  OH SHIT IT'S ON NOW!!!
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ryax
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " your moms house. OH SHIT DID I JUST GO THERE? "
    YOU FUCKIN' DID!  OH SHIT IT'S ON NOW!!! "
    HELL YEAH IT IS! WHATS UP NOW? NOBODIES GOT NOTHIN ON ME!
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By RobotHamster

It'll be sad to see Deadly Premonition go, I don't know what could top it.  Of course if either team wanted to they could try to 100% the game after they've finished, but I highly doubt that.  As for the next endurance run I doubt it'll be a major title, something more of lower quality so its easier to make fun of.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By sixghost
    @Rockanomics said:
    " I'd like a wild turn, like an old strategy game, looking at my Rise of Legends box at the moment. Or maybe X-Wing/TIE Fighter or another flight sim as equally ancient.  Obviously they've been doing things that are close to relevant, but who knows. Not a fan of the dueling ERs myself, I tried to keep up but I couldn't after they got a bit separated. "
    Gotta agree on the dueling ERs. I would be in full support of it if they playing separate games concurrently, but it's just kind of boring to watch nearly the same 45 minute sequence twice.
    blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blair

I would love to see a Zeno Clash ER.  Regardless, I think whatever they decide to do will be just fine with me.

brazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By brazzle

The only requirement would be a strong story, though frankly I also think the turn based nature of Persona lent itself better to an ER.

I'd love to see a Persona 5 endurance run, but its getting pretty ahead of ourselves while the current ER isn't even over yet.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

Even more Japanese zaniness with Yakuza 3!

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id like to see Mass Effect 2. +1 for Zeno Clash too.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DystopiaX

How about a game like Star wars Battlefront 2, where the 2 ER teams could battle each other in 1 campaign? 
    obviously not Battlefront 2, but a game like that where they could fight against each other.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By armaan8014

Some unknown/unplayed RPG like RISEN would be great. Would love to see them play that.

@Abyssfull said:

" Even more Japanese zaniness with Yakuza 3! "

or this
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Red12b

Demon'ssss soulssss 

Becuase I want to see a grown man cry.  

Mwhahahahahaa
    JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JakJ

I honestly have no clue, let's just hope it comes out of far left field like DP. 

I mean, after P4 ended and we were discussing the same topic we had no idea something like DP existed, let alone would work so well as an ER game.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ashogo

Honestly, I think they're going to be a bit burnt out after Deadly Premonition. It just isn't going to leave the same aftertaste as Persona 4. If they do decide to do another ER, I hope they just take their time to pick something really good. I think there are several main elements that a good ER game needs to have: 
    1-personality
    Persona 4 had a very unique personality and style that was always enjoyable to watch, imo. Deadly Premonition is a lot more uneven in this regard, but it has it's weird charms as well. 
    2-story-heavy
    Persona 4 was perfect in this regard--a very story heavy game made for plenty of commentary moments and things to make fun of. Let's face it, the dungeon crawling segments weren't the most memorable parts of the endurance run. Deadly Premonition has a pretty good chunk of story as well, although I feel like it suffers from some serious pacing issues.
    3-some level of unpredictability
    Again, p4's mad Japanese-ness brought about tons of "WHAT IS GOING ON?!" moments. DP has some definite bizarreness as well, partially tied to it's budget-status. Unfortunately, some of it is more frustrating than funny. 
    4-memorable characters
    Lastly, very important. Making fun of characters is all good, but in the end if we don't get attached to the characters in some way, the run isn't going to be that memorable. Persona 4 did such a good job with their characters, that you actually cared when bad shit happens to them. I think Deadly Premonition is not nearly as good in this area. York has his interesting quirks, and Emily and George have their moments, but they still feel a little under-developed to me. The writing for the characters also seems to range from pretty good to very bad...it's all just uneven as hell.

and wow, I didn't mean to turn this into a huge comparison list, but there is my humble opinion. I hope the next run is well-chosen.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jadeskye

Yakuza 3 is the only crazy ass game i can think of that they could get some milage out of.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ryanwho

They should take a break from them until the next retarded self serious unintentionally funny MGS game comes out for the PSP.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By slax

To be fair there was something like over a half year gap in between P4 and DP endurance runs. If they wait another half year or so, that should be plenty of time to recuperate and find a quirky but fun game to play. I'm not sure what it will be, it might not even be out yet.
    Although with the drought that the summer usually has in games, it would be great to have another ER up and going but I doubt that will happen.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Toxin066
    @Slax:  Exactly. ERs are for slow news periods.

I'd like to see them play through all the Metroid: Prime games because those are games I know I'll never finish, but I'd like to see how they turn out. I get too damn obsessed with scanning and never finish. I've gotten about 10~15 hours into each of them and then just gotten burnt out on scanning stuff.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mutha3
    @ryanwho said:

" They should take a break from them until the next retarded self serious unintentionally funny MGS game comes out for the PSP. "

Yup.

That thing is out in a couple of weeks,though....

I don't mind:)
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chokobo

psst.  I don't actually think that either of the endurance runs end this week.  If anything, VJ may be missing an episode or two since Jeff is away, but I even doubt that.  Maybe Brad gets stuck because he gives up at fishing.  We'll see, but I doubt it.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ChickenPants

I think they should until next year and then decide..

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Urmean

Unless P5 comes about sooner than expected, they should do another fairly short game.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CaptainObvious
    @Chokobo said:
    " psst.  I don't actually think that either of the endurance runs end this week.  If anything, VJ may be missing an episode or two since Jeff is away, but I even doubt that.  Maybe Brad gets stuck because he gives up at fishing.  We'll see, but I doubt it. "
    Jeff already got achievement for finishing the game. VJ are playing on Jeff's account. They always pre-record episodes. Doesn't take a detective to draw a conclusion here.
    Dr_VonBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dr_VonBoogie

are VJ really that close to the end? Already?

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chokobo
    @CaptainObvious: Well I didn't know either of those things because I don't follow all the behind-the-scenes stuff about the Endurance Run.
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mrfluke
    @DystopiaX said:
    " How about a game like Star wars Battlefront 2, where the 2 ER teams could battle each other in 1 campaign? obviously not Battlefront 2, but a game like that where they could fight against each other. "
    thats more of a TNT, but now the only way that could happen is on the pc since xbox is dead now,  

but i agree, yakuza 3 and zeno clash get my vote
    mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mrfluke

or fuck, that game rule of rose would be good as well that game is batshit crazy

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Brendan
    @ashogo said:
    "Honestly, I think they're going to be a bit burnt out after Deadly Premonition. It just isn't going to leave the same aftertaste as Persona 4. If they do decide to do another ER, I hope they just take their time to pick something really good. I think there are several main elements that a good ER game needs to have: 
    1-personality
    Persona 4 had a very unique personality and style that was always enjoyable to watch, imo. Deadly Premonition is a lot more uneven in this regard, but it has it's weird charms as well. 
    2-story-heavy
    Persona 4 was perfect in this regard--a very story heavy game made for plenty of commentary moments and things to make fun of. Let's face it, the dungeon crawling segments weren't the most memorable parts of the endurance run. Deadly Premonition has a pretty good chunk of story as well, although I feel like it suffers from some serious pacing issues.
    3-some level of unpredictability
    Again, p4's mad Japanese-ness brought about tons of "WHAT IS GOING ON?!" moments. DP has some definite bizarreness as well, partially tied to it's budget-status. Unfortunately, some of it is more frustrating than funny. 
    4-memorable characters Lastly, very important. Making fun of characters is all good, but in the end if we don't get attached to the characters in some way, the run isn't going to be that memorable. Persona 4 did such a good job with their characters, that you actually cared when bad shit happens to them. I think Deadly Premonition is not nearly as good in this area. York has his interesting quirks, and Emily and George have their moments, but they still feel a little under-developed to me. The writing for the characters also seems to range from pretty good to very bad...it's all just uneven as hell.  and wow, I didn't mean to turn this into a huge comparison list, but there is my humble opinion. I hope the next run is well-chosen. "

This should be given a frame, because it is exactly why the first ER was better than the current one.  It's also why pushing for another ER all the time might not be the best idea, because P4 was such a perfect fit that GB would be hard pressed to ever find a match that good again.
    RipAndTear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RipAndTear

Demon's Souls would make for the most testing of Endurance Runs. 

No Caption Provided
    *Intense 
    *Good length
    *Giantbombers could leave clues in blood for the guys
    *Memorable characters  and enemies
    If only they actually liked the game.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CptBedlam

They should do a good game next time. Sure, initially the weirdness of DP was interesting but the bland and boring shooting parts just killed my interest after about 10 episodes.

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By A_Dog

CoD: Black Ops. 

:P

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @ryanwho:
    Don't get angry at things you don't understand, it be a sign of small fragile mind. 
    StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StrikeALight
    @jadeskye said:
    " Yakuza 3 is the only crazy ass game i can think of that they could get some milage out of. "
    Gets my vote. Or wait for the western release (hopefully) of Yakuza 4.
    TheDoubleJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By TheDoubleJ
    @Ryax:
    CAPS LOCK BEEOCH
    Conflict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Conflict

Persona 3, go back to what made the original ER so great!

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shirogane
    @StrikeALight said:
    " @jadeskye said:
    " Yakuza 3 is the only crazy ass game i can think of that they could get some milage out of. "
    Gets my vote. Or wait for the western release (hopefully) of Yakuza 4. "

Add another vote here. 

Don't think it'll happen though. Be awesome if it did, cause i'm sure it'd be a major impact on making then bring Yakuza 4 over. And i REALLY want that.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ryanwho
    @xaLieNxGrEyx said:
    " @ryanwho: Don't get angry at things you don't understand, it be a sign of small fragile mind.  "
    Thanks Tarzan.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Coombs

Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust

It couldn't be worse than DP

Avatar image for princess_isabela
    Princess_Isabela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By Princess_Isabela

they should do banjo kazooie/tooie run since they have never played it. 
    that would be pretty crazy, blast from the past. 
    also yakuza games would be a good candidate.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Daryl

Different original content or just bump out Mailbag and other office hi-jinks videos. 

RipAndTear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RipAndTear

Rule of Rose or the previously played Persona 3 FES would a good ER.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @ryanwho said:
    " @xaLieNxGrEyx said:
    " @ryanwho: Don't get angry at things you don't understand, it be a sign of small fragile mind.  "
    Thanks Tarzan."

The wording was fully intentional, imagine a 90 year old asian wise man saying it.
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yakuza 3, Valkyria Chronicles, or Star Ocean 4. Yakuza 3 is the most ridiculously Japanese one, so I think that might fit the best.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By superfriend
    @armaan8014 said:
    "
    Some unknown/unplayed RPG like RISEN would be great. Would love to see them play that.

They should do that! Risen´s a damn fine game if you liked the old Gothic games -except Gothic 3 that one´s... different.
    Just get the German language version from Steam (maybe with english subtitles?) and the confusion would be perfect.
    DasSmiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DasSmiter

I think an ER should also be something that most of us will never play.  

Personally I'd like to see one of those Suikoden or Dragonquest games that I'll never play, although I'm sure that whatever they choose will rock

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.