So I did a 'cover' version of Life is Beautiful.

• 91 results
#1 Edited by nivi (121 posts) -

You can listen to it here.
You can listen to more stuff I've made here.
I have uploaded the (200MB, Reason 5) project file here.

Performance, production and sampled instruments are cc by-nc.

#2 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -
@nivi: I would work out a way to embed it or put it on Youtube as I don't think ill be the only person who doesn't want to click that link.  Then I can know its awesomeness!!
#3 Posted by WEGGLES (739 posts) -
@nivi:
Good job dude. Sounds awesome. Love all the chopped up voice samples.  

@Mrskidders: It's a direct link to an MP3 file, what's the big deal?
#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14070 posts) -

Very good stuff, I like it.

#5 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

*Three thumbs up*

#6 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -
@WEGGLES: Last time I clicked a direct link it was a sound file of a woman screaming and speaking in tongues.  The next day I woke up and I had shrunk a whole foot in height.
#7 Posted by Yummylee (21496 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" Very good stuff, I like it. "
#8 Posted by FreakAche (2952 posts) -

That's actually amazing!

#9 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@nivi said:
" You can listen to it here. "
Jesus Christ this is REALLY good.  Guys like you are the reason the GiantBomb community is as amazing as it is.
#10 Posted by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

That was wonderful. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed at the end with some saying of Francis York Morgan. 

Wonderful work!

#11 Edited by nivi (121 posts) -

Glad you guys like it :3. More of my stuff is available here.

#12 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

Started out slow, wasn't expecting much, but the middle blew me away. Get this shit up on OCR.

#13 Posted by markini6 (445 posts) -

I don't even know th game or the song but well fucking done!

#14 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@nivi: Oh and welcome to the forums of Giant Bomb!!
#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -

I don't like it. Too many changes! Rarr, [insert angry old man who doesn't like change comment here!] 

I guess it's okay, depending on one's taste in music. I like this cover better: 

#16 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4600 posts) -

Man, the opening is a complete mis-direct on what kind of cover that is. Nice job.

#17 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Common fruity loops sounds makes it sound like a keatonkeaton999 fun times mix. Or an OC remix.

#18 Posted by Beforet (2916 posts) -

That was unexpected. Well done.

#19 Posted by HatKing (5883 posts) -

Hahah.... I like it.
#20 Posted by supermike6 (3557 posts) -

Brilliant! Makes me want to watch the ER again!  

Must resist...

#21 Posted by Brackynews (4060 posts) -
@keyhunter:  *cough*  And when was the last time you heard an OCRemix to trash them so?
#22 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@nivi:   Really awesome job.  Love the granularized samples.  Is that Ableton Live I detect?
#23 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -

Nice job duder! I was caught off-guard by the awesomeness after the piano intro.

#24 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

I love it! Great work man.

#25 Posted by nivi (121 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: Naw, I just sliced the vocals up to half-syllable chunks and sequenced them like that.
#26 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -
@weegieanawrench said:
" Nice job duder! I was caught off-guard by the awesomeness after the piano intro. "
I actually really like the intro a lot.
#27 Posted by Creamypies (4060 posts) -

HAHA! I love it!

#28 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -
@markini6 said:
" I don't even know th game or the song but well fucking done! "
What the hell wrong with you?

Oh that's a wonderful cover version. I like the little voice bits. It's more than a deliciously tasty crunch indeed.
#29 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -
@Chuggsy: Ah, it didn't mean to say that the intro was bad. I meant that when it suddenly changed from piano to the 8-bit stuff, I didn't expect it. I though that song would have gone in a totally different direction is all.
#30 Posted by jos4 (97 posts) -

Wow, this is the best cover I've listened so far!! The sound bits are hilarious! 
Can you upload it to Youtube, please? I want to to post it in other gaming boards!

#31 Posted by nivi (121 posts) -
@jos4: It's Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial, so while I don't get why you wouldn't just link to the mp3, you would be perfectly within your rights to upload it yourself, provided you link to my site on youtube and any other sites you post it on.
#32 Posted by jos4 (97 posts) -
@nivi said:
" @jos4: It's Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial, so while I don't get why you wouldn't just link to the mp3, you would be perfectly within your rights to upload it yourself, provided you link to my site on youtube and any other sites you post it on. "
Ah, ok then, I didn't know that! Well I could upload it to Youtube including some video remix involving Michael Tillotson and all, but I'm quite busy to do such thing. 
Anyways, I'll just post the link to the mp3 file, thank you very much!
#33 Posted by Tordah (2478 posts) -

That was totally not what I was expected, but it was surprisingly good.

#34 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Thats the only life to me thats beautiful, 

also great job on the cover, takes awhile to get in but well done
#35 Posted by Crescendo1897 (114 posts) -

A plus!

#36 Posted by Morka (161 posts) -

Dayum! Just dayum! 

#37 Posted by Lord_Punch (138 posts) -

Fun remix! Good job.
#38 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I got chills. Great work!

#39 Edited by cjmabry (485 posts) -

@nivi:
Awesome cover, or, remix man. What'd you use? Fruity Loops? I need to take the time to learn it.  

I'm trying to figure out how you did the voice-work. Cut it into syllable chunks, right, but then what? Put each in it's own pattern? Idk. Great job though.

#40 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@cjmabry said:

"   @nivi: Awesome cover, or, remix man. What'd you use? Fruity Loops? I need to take the time to learn it.   I'm trying to figure out how you did the voice-work. Cut it into syllable chunks, right, but then what? Put each in it's own pattern? Idk. Great job though. "

No with that you can just record your vocals over a metronome with something like Audacity then add the music file you got from FL to the project in audacity or whatever and save it from there.
#41 Edited by EthanML (455 posts) -

This is fantastic, awesome work dude. My avatar approves.

#42 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
" @cjmabry said:

"   @nivi: Awesome cover, or, remix man. What'd you use? Fruity Loops? I need to take the time to learn it.   I'm trying to figure out how you did the voice-work. Cut it into syllable chunks, right, but then what? Put each in it's own pattern? Idk. Great job though. "

No with that you can just record your vocals over a metronome with something like Audacity then add the music file you got from FL to the project in audacity or whatever and save it from there. "
Thanks, but what about stuff like voice clips of characters. just cut them up and place them in patterns in FL?
#43 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@cjmabry said:

" @Kyreo said:

" @cjmabry said:

No with that you can just record your vocals over a metronome with something like Audacity then add the music file you got from FL to the project in audacity or whatever and save it from there. "
Thanks, but what about stuff like voice clips of characters. just cut them up and place them in patterns in FL? "
Oh... yeah.  With that kinda stuff, yes.  I mean... you can go to his site and ask him there.  But that's how I would do it.  I'm sure he did it the same way. 

Here's his site. 

http://www.musicfortheblind.co.uk/    
#44 Posted by President_Barackbar (3452 posts) -

I could so see the guy with the piano on the ground floor of a Macy's somewhere doing this.

#45 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

I liked the beginning.

#46 Posted by Noodles (539 posts) -
@nivi said:
" You can listen to it here. "
Dude. Awesome.
#47 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

it's super smexy, well done ^^

#48 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Great. Excellent. Great.

#49 Edited by stephengotlost (703 posts) -

I'm actually trying to learn this on guitar right now :)
I can't whistle the tune anymore though due to dental apparatuses :(

EDIT: Dude, this is insane!!!

#50 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
" @markini6 said:
" I don't even know th game or the song but well fucking done! "
What the hell wrong with you?  Oh that's a wonderful cover version. I like the little voice bits. It's more than a deliciously tasty crunch indeed. "
Same here - want to play through the game before watching the ER as it's proven so terribly divisive and I don't want my opinions shaped too much beforehand.  Never experienced the song in it's original setting but still loved this remix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.