Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Stabilizer woes (mild side quest spoilers).

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By MooseyMcMan

Okay, so I was trying to unlock the weapons bag today in Deadly Premonition, which is supposed to increase the number of weapons I can carry.  

So, I went to the bar, and I bought the dart gun, and then I go to play it. Trouble is, about halfway into it, York's pulse meter (or whatever it's called) fills to the top, and then York can't aim to save his life, and it won't go back down. 

Now, what I found on the internet said to use a stabilizer to have his pulse stay low. Trouble is, nothing seems to happen when I do so, and I have no clue if it's because of the game glitching, or if the info I used was false (even though I saw the same tip on several sites, like this one:  http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/index.php/Deadly_Premonition_-_XB360/Side_Quests).

Argh. Any thoughts?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Okay, so I was trying to unlock the weapons bag today in Deadly Premonition, which is supposed to increase the number of weapons I can carry.  

So, I went to the bar, and I bought the dart gun, and then I go to play it. Trouble is, about halfway into it, York's pulse meter (or whatever it's called) fills to the top, and then York can't aim to save his life, and it won't go back down. 

Now, what I found on the internet said to use a stabilizer to have his pulse stay low. Trouble is, nothing seems to happen when I do so, and I have no clue if it's because of the game glitching, or if the info I used was false (even though I saw the same tip on several sites, like this one:  http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/index.php/Deadly_Premonition_-_XB360/Side_Quests).

Argh. Any thoughts?

homewrecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By homewrecker

From what I saw in the Endurance Run, you can't use stabilizers during the darts game; it's definetly possible to do it without stabilizers though.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Linkin10362

Stabilizers are the key to winning the dart game, I never had any troubles using them though. 
    Maybe start a new day, go to the bar, take one stabilizer and then go for 20s and bonuses and you should get it. 

If that doesn't work, then yeah. I believe you have a glitch on your hands.

Animagess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Animagess

Woah, I never even thought of using Stabilizers on the dart game!  For some reason I thought that, since it remained high throughout the session, that items were off-limits or something.  It only took me like three tries to get top score and I'm usually terrible at video games; I just roughly block in my target without fine tuning, then time my aiming so that a one second hold on the left trigger is enough to get my shot in.  The red dot fades in and out so it's mostly just timing and patience.

Running out of stamina halfway through is a bit much... What's your strategy?  I'm pretty sure you could conserve it until maybe three darts left; it was always close for me, but I didn't use stabilizers and it still worked out fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.