Would you have bought this game if it weren't for Giantbomb?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Roflwaffles (184 posts) -

Because I had honestly never heard of this game before coming across this site...but now I'm seriously considering purchasing a copy.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

I imagine I would of found out about it somewhere eventually, though Giantbomb and its trailer was where I first heard of it.

#3 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

I highly doubt it.

#4 Posted by Du2andal (54 posts) -

Neogaf had me leaning towards a purchase but it was the Endurance Run that put me over the edge.  Well, that and the fact that is was 20 freaking dollars.

#5 Posted by YellowKing (115 posts) -

Bought it before it was cool, but I will say that I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for 1UP and Destructoid.

#6 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

I'd probably get it if it had more naked cartoon pussy.

#7 Posted by FixerofDeath (308 posts) -

No, and I probably still won't buy it.

#8 Posted by Sovereign13 (147 posts) -

So far the Endurance Run has convinced me to not buy this game.  

#9 Edited by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@YellowKing said:

" Bought it before it was cool, but I will say that I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for 1UP and Destructoid. "

Same. Although I probably wouldn't be playing it as much. I only played maybe 1 hour in the couple weeks I had it before the ER started. I've played about 10 since it did.
#10 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

I ain't into Survival Horror games. Only one i really liked was RE4. Which is prett much not survival horror anymore. Hell, i didn't get past the first chapter of Dead Space. Although that was more to do with it making me wanna throw up...
#11 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

Bought it because of ManGod and it was 5 bucks off if you pre-ordered it with Heavy Rain on Amazon. Crazy deals!

#12 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

I haven't gotten it yet, but I had planned on getting it because I heard it was one of those love / hate games so I figured I would give it a try.  Plus it's twenty dollars. :)

#13 Posted by EvilAl (18 posts) -

I bought it because of the endurance run and because amazon had it up for $15, the real question is will I play it. 

*looks over at unopened copy of Persona 4*

#14 Posted by NickNorman (435 posts) -

I've been leaning toward buying it after hearing how crazy the story got, and after reading Destructoid's review. The twenty dollar price point was definitely a factor, but after seeing it in action I took advantage of Amazon's $15 sale. Now I just have to actually play it instead of continuing to watch BR and VJ play it.

#15 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -
The game isn't good, its just strange... thanks to this site, i know not to buy it
#16 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

I dont think I will buy it but may rent and yes, because of Giantbomb.

#17 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I'd buy it, $20 is nothing. Problem is that I can't find it in stores and can't get it online.

#18 Posted by YellowKing (115 posts) -
@Hourai:  Amazon is your friend.  Unless you're in Canada, I heard Amazon Canada doesn't carry it (yet?)
#19 Posted by Tonylope (179 posts) -

No, and I never will. 

#20 Posted by YellowKing (115 posts) -
@Tonylope:  I feel for ya, hopefully they'll bring the PS3 version over.
#21 Posted by havelava (175 posts) -
@YellowKing said:
" Bought it before it was cool, but I will say that I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for 1UP and Destructoid. "
This
#22 Posted by itsmadness (142 posts) -

Both Giantbomb and Destructoid convinced me that I should play this game.

#23 Posted by Tonylope (179 posts) -
@YellowKing: Yes, because I have a PS3 and all...
#24 Edited by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I did buy it before Giant Bomb started giving it attention, and I enjoyed the game. The internet doesn't do my thinking for me.

#25 Posted by Ratfoot (199 posts) -

Giant Bomb and Destructoid convinced me to buy this wonderful game.

#26 Posted by hinderk (685 posts) -

I bought it after destruction posted a video of the the breakfast scene with Polly.

#27 Posted by madmax_thegamer (14 posts) -

I found it at Gamestop a day or two after it was released and purchased my copy before it started to get all this attention! Still I'm glad more and more people are enjoying it.
#28 Posted by Jayzilla (2554 posts) -

Are we watching the same endurance run? there is no way i would buy this janky garbage. get a decent animator and engineer please.

#29 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -

I can't play it :( 

I wanna PAL version!!!!

#30 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I don't think this is a game I would want to spend money on, but I'm enjoying the ER nonetheless.

#31 Posted by Valkyr (667 posts) -

I will get it soon only as a souvenir about this ER

#32 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

Yeah I bought it because of the review and comments  it got over at destructoid

#33 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

They have to release it in the UK! It's unfair to keep this gem from us. :p

#34 Posted by DJbruce92 (129 posts) -
@ryanrulez said:
" I can't play it :(  I wanna PAL version!!!! "
Same here =P.
#35 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Absolutely not. Looks terrible. 

I watched one video on YouTube about it, and it looks so boring, and annoying as hell. The words that came up in every conversation were too slow, and the graphics look pre-PS2.

#36 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -

I saw the scene with the biscuit before the ER started and thought I'd really love to play through this with a friend. 

Thankful I don't have to now, however.
#37 Posted by RonnyLee19881 (56 posts) -

I bought this back when it first came out and have been recommending it to everyone who will listen. Got some friends to buy it, some people at gametrailers to buy it and even some people at my local gamestop. You can't argue with 20$ and a great story! Most people were sold when i mentioned Twin Peaks Lol.

#38 Posted by AltonBrown (948 posts) -

Oh, absolutely.

#39 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

No.  Just.... No.

#40 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -
@YellowKing said:
Same with me in addition to all the insane amounts of love it's been getting on GAF, but to be fair, this game probably would've languished on my shelf had the Endurance Run not shown me "F K in the Coffee."
#41 Posted by Dom (436 posts) -

I want to buy this game even if my 360's been out of order since 08

#42 Posted by President_Barackbar (3418 posts) -

For me, this was a perfect candidate for a game that I would love to watch because its so weird but never, ever play. Face it, I love the ER but I couldn't ever imagine PLAYING this piece of garbage.

#43 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -
I'm going out today and getting it because of the endurance run. haha
#44 Posted by weeken (22 posts) -

Bought it after 5 episodes of ER and have given up on Splinter Cell Conviction as I am addicted to DP. There is so much more to do the the ER is showing. The Side Quests are crazy and they unlock items that make the game much more enjoyable (e.g. better weapons, better car).

#45 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

I jumped on the DP train after watching 4 or 5 endurance runs not because they were entertaining (and believe me, they were), but because there were so many Greenvale things I wanted to do that VJ/BR hadn't.

#46 Posted by Kerensky_Furey (24 posts) -

I just bought the game when I found a copy, but I wouldn't have even been looking if the ER wasn't going on

#47 Posted by RonnyLee19881 (56 posts) -

I bought the game after reading the first 3 paragraphs of Destructiod's review on the game. I stopped there just in case there were spoilers. Since then I have been recommending the game to everyone that would listen.

#48 Posted by SkinnyBlueKid (2 posts) -

Honestly, no. I never heard of this game until I started watching the Endurance Run, and after following it for the past three weeks, it finally put me over the edge and made me buy a copy. I wasn't considering buying it at first, but then something just clicked and boom, I had a copy of Deadly Premonition!
#49 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

I bought the game, but I ain't gonna play it.

#50 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

Probably eventually.  Now that I'm seeing 2 separate playthroughs of it though, I'm NEVER buying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.