Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

You can One Hit Kill those wall ladies

liquidcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By liquidcabbage

Get Keith's guitar (by finishing Milk Barn's 3rd pushing box mission) 

It basically kills every non-boss enemies with one hit, sometimes 2 for the creeping ladies if didn't hit well

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Somehow Brad killed one with 2 hits of a golf club. That was awesome. The gameplay systems in DP perplex me.

NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NZV

Heavy melee weapons in general mess them up fast. If you don't want to do any sidequests for the good wallcrawler killers like the flamethrower, or guitar, it's a good idea to keep a couple of shovels/axes/golf clubs/etc handy for when they show up. Just run past them when they're on the wall, spin around after they miss you, and smack em. No risk at all. Gotta use guns when they're on the ceiling, but that's no big deal.   

I'm speedrunning my way through hard difficulty for the achievement right now and that's what I've been doing. Haven't even come close to being hit at all, and even the tougher ones later on go down pretty quick. I'm glad VJ started to use a similar strategy with the shotgun; it isn't ideal but it's still so much faster than the SMG or knife bullshit the teams have been using so far. Endgame wallcrawlers take 11 shotgun shells on hard, which isn't bad at all.

You can also move around while winding up a melee swing, for the record. Makes slow melee weapons infinity more useful in general, as you can start swinging before you get in range, do your combo, and then back out to repeat. The guitar in particular is VERY slow, and you need to do this or you'll often get grabbed before your weapon hits. Doesn't really matter for wallcrawlers though, since you should be attacking when they're sitting there with their backs turned after missing you.

Oh man. Psychic Map B is going to be a nightmare with Brad. I don't think he can do it. Get ready for a painful episode.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By artofwar420

Question, is there a Psychic Map C?

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @artofwar420 said:
    "Question, is there a Psychic Map C?"
    Yes, but only during the Epilogue.
    ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ashogo
    @NZV said:
    " Oh man. Psychic Map B is going to be a nightmare with Brad. I don't think he can do it. Get ready for a painful episode. "
    The Vinny Jeff one was already painful enough...they could've saved like 30 minutes by using the shotgun from the start. I think Brad will do just fine actually, he had to fight the damn things about a million times over after all. I think his strategy has improved.
    NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NZV
    @artofwar420 said:
    "

"
    As mentioned above, it is indeed in the epilogue. Understandably so, considering what you fight and what you get. We'll surely never see it in the ER.

There are still tons of other infinite weapons, however. You get two of them by grabbing bones around the map and bringing them to people. You also get a lot of them by doing the otherworld areas over again (by stepping in the marker next to 'em, which both teams have done but passed on). Only half or so of those have infinite weapons in them, but they're pretty quick the second time since you don't need to find keys/clues or watch cutscenes. Doubly fast if you just run past everything. Now that you know, you too can be annoyed when they inevitably skip this stuff again.

I -really- hope they do the Galaxy of Terror otherworld a second time once they get past it, but I'm quite sure they never will. A shame, considering how many SMG bullets it takes to kill normal enemies later on. They'll need some more serious firepower if they want to cut down on the tedium. They'll probably get the guitar, but it can be a little risky and unwieldy if you don't use it just right, which doesn't bode well with their playing skills.
    kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By kevinski
    @NZV said:
    Oh man. Psychic Map B is going to be a nightmare with Brad. I don't think he can do it. Get ready for a painful episode. "
    Ugh...I thought the same thing yesterday. I didn't mind yesterday's episode, but I think that I'll have a serious problem with watching Brad try making it all the way through that level if he actually goes through with it.
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By MjHealy
    @Sleepy_Insomniac: 
    What is the Epilogue? Does the game open up once you beat it?
    EToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EToaster
    @NZV said:
    " @artofwar420 said:
    "

"
    As mentioned above, it is indeed in the epilogue. Understandably so, considering what you fight and what you get. We'll surely never see it in the ER. There are still tons of other infinite weapons, however. You get two of them by grabbing bones around the map and bringing them to people. You also get a lot of them by doing the otherworld areas over again (by stepping in the marker next to 'em, which both teams have done but passed on). Only half or so of those have infinite weapons in them, but they're pretty quick the second time since you don't need to find keys/clues or watch cutscenes. Doubly fast if you just run past everything. Now that you know, you too can be annoyed when they inevitably skip this stuff again. I -really- hope they do the Galaxy of Terror otherworld a second time once they get past it, but I'm quite sure they never will. A shame, considering how many SMG bullets it takes to kill normal enemies later on. They'll need some more serious firepower if they want to cut down on the tedium. They'll probably get the guitar, but it can be a little risky and unwieldy if you don't use it just right, which doesn't bode well with their playing skills. "
    Only the otherworld sections that can't be repeated until the epilogue provide extra weapons.  The others just give cards.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By iamjohn
    @MjHealy said:
    " @Sleepy_Insomniac:  What is the Epilogue? Does the game open up once you beat it? "
    Yes.  After the final boss, the game opens up so you can complete some side missions (a few new ones open up) and finish collecting all the stuff you've missed before triggering the final cutscenes that end the game.
    Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Seroth

I ended up using the wrench against the wall ladies. Even though it doesn't look like it's possible, you can hit them on them with the wrench (and probably other melee weapons) while they're on the ceiling. With the wrench, I was able to kill them in like 4 or 5 hits.

The infinite wrench was probably the most valuable tool I had in the game, and you can get it really early on.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PillClinton
    @liquidcabbage: 

dude are u serious?!  they must do that!
    Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Junpei
    @ashogo said:
    " @NZV said:
    " Oh man. Psychic Map B is going to be a nightmare with Brad. I don't think he can do it. Get ready for a painful episode. "
    The Vinny Jeff one was already painful enough...they could've saved like 30 minutes by using the shotgun from the start. I think Brad will do just fine actually, he had to fight the damn things about a million times over after all. I think his strategy has improved. "
    I'm at least gonna take the good out of that where they have learned a much more efficient method for killing them and hopefully in the future sequences with them will be less painful
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Honestly, all these extra items and such are kind of blowing my mind for some reason. I had no idea what kind of a game DP was gonna be, but between BR's radio, this talk of infinite wrenches, and all the side missions shindigs-cars and suits especially - I am being perpetually surprised by the gameplay. It's like, these are things that you might expect to be in a normal game, but DP's so crazy, when they do something like this I just think "hey, this game actually does try to be good". Or something. I dunno how to explain it.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bratcher_Lev
    @NZV said:
    "  You get two of them by grabbing bones around the map and bringing them to people. 

TWO? You can give the bones to someone other than the gravekeeper?
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#17  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @Bratcher_Lev said:
    " @NZV said:
    "  You get two of them by grabbing bones around the map and bringing them to people. 
     TWO? You can give the bones to someone other than the gravekeeper? "
    If you walk by Willie with some bones, he'll automatically take them and store them in his doghouse behind Kaysen's truck. When he's got all eight, you can retrieve them by examining the doghouse and an infinite magnum will be inside as well.
    Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

DAMN. I ran past him when I didn't have all the bones and  and all I got was a sword when I got them back. 

One more reason I'll probably be playing the game through again.

damn.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By xyzygy

Man I wish I seen this when I started DP. When they come out one after another it just gets annoying.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Or you can just get the flamethrower. 
    =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.