any thoughts on the newly anounced Deadpool game?

#1 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (13 posts) -
#2 Posted by bemusedchunk (654 posts) -

I think that it will have Deadpool in it.

#3 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (13 posts) -

@bemusedchunk:

#4 Posted by bartok (2406 posts) -

It looks pretty mediocre

#5 Posted by falserelic (5270 posts) -

I wasn't impress by the footage.

#6 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4237 posts) -

I like Deadpool. I like Nolan North. I like High Moon. I don't hate Activision.

The footage didn't look outstanding, but it didn't show terribly much so I will reserves judgment until a later date, but for now I am excited.

#7 Posted by bemusedchunk (654 posts) -

CONFIRMED: This game will have Deadpool in it.

#8 Posted by Sharpless (457 posts) -

I like Deadpool in general, but it just sounded like Duke Nukem Lite, humor-wise.

#9 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

I liked War for Cybertron so hopefully this turns out okay. Is there suppose to be a new deadpool game coming for a movie?

#10 Edited by JoeyRavn (4945 posts) -

@Sharpless said:

I like Deadpool in general, but it just sounded like Duke Nukem Lite, humor-wise.

What a relief. I'm not the only one who thinks this. The announcement trailer strongly reminded me of Duke Nukem Forever. I actually liked DNF, but I don't think I could give a pass to another game that uses that same type of humor.

And, yeah, it looked bland, at best.

Edit: BTW. It's pretty ironic that the OP's name is "Killer_of_trolls" and he posts an overused meme macro...

#11 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

I thought the announcement trailer was a little weird. I'm curious as to how much of it was CGI vs gameplay.

#12 Posted by Kaiserreich (680 posts) -

I always heard such high praise for deadpool but the trailer was painfully unfunny and what little gameplay they showed looked bland.

#13 Posted by MocBucket62 (1130 posts) -

Definitely feels like a Deadpool game with all the 4th wall breaking, but the trailer didn't offer much to get excited for. I do want to see if inflating air castles actually effect the game, or I'd it's just a weird bonus.

#14 Posted by Clonedzero (4036 posts) -

i dunno, a big giant MEH? i'd play it if i got it for free, maybe a bored weekend rental? unless it turns out way better than it looks im not especially interested

#15 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

Things such as this trailer kick me in the maturity-gland each and every time. Unoriginal (theoretical) gameplay aside, I'm not sure if the unfunniness is due to me being too old, it not being the 90's anymore, or a blend of both.

#16 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

I didn't like the humour and I hate the fact that Deadpool looks like he's on steroids. Not impressed.

#17 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

I suspect it will be a pretty shallow character action game with decent writing and voice acting.

And because I am a huge Deadpool fan I will pre-order that shit and eat it up.

#18 Posted by Lazyaza (2164 posts) -

At worst it'll be an ok action shooter game with some entertaining Deadpool specific elements and at best it'll be the Arkham Asylum of Deadpool games, I expect it'll be somewhere in the middle.

#19 Posted by fantasyfreak07 (66 posts) -

Seeing as we saw Psylocke in the trailer I really hope there are other X-Men cameos, specifically Fantomex... that would be amazing. I'm really hoping it turns out to be good though.

#20 Posted by musclerider (587 posts) -

I love deadpool but I know they're going to fuck this up.

#21 Posted by rmanthorp (3849 posts) -

I hope it doesn't have Deadpool in it now. I hope it's a Hydra Bob game.

#22 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (102 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

I like Deadpool. I like Nolan North. I like High Moon. I don't hate Activision.

The footage didn't look outstanding, but it didn't show terribly much so I will reserves judgment until a later date, but for now I am excited.

This

But my gut also make me agree with this

@musclerider said:

I love deadpool but I know they're going to fuck this up.
#23 Posted by Example1013 (4833 posts) -

@rmanthorp said:

I hope it doesn't have Deadpool in it now. I hope it's a Hydra Bob game.

I would buy the shit out of a Bob, Agent of Hydra game.

#24 Edited by moywar700 (174 posts) -

deadpool sucks.

#25 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Just one:

Daniel Way's writing = No purchase.

#26 Posted by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

The graphics seemed a bit underwhelming...i dunno. Was never a fan of Deadpool though. Regardless, if they make a good game, I'd give it a go.

#27 Edited by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

i know its going to be poor, but im still keeping my hopes up. and i hope it has as fun storytelling and good music as is the case with *Deadpool: Suicide Kings*, a motion comic by some youtuber, its really good.

#28 Posted by HellBrendy (992 posts) -

Right now it's looking bland at best. I have no relation to Deadpool though, so I have no idea how I'll take it.

#29 Posted by Emilie (28 posts) -

I think it looks fun.

#30 Posted by JasonR86 (9577 posts) -

In the trailer I found Deadpool to be really irritating.

#31 Posted by ProfessorK (813 posts) -

Was any of the trailer actually gameplay? If not I'll try my best to reserve judgment, but honestly even that wasn't good by any means.

All I'm thinking now is: GODDAMMIT, DON'T FUCK THIS UP!!!

#32 Posted by UltorOscariot (170 posts) -

I love the character, but for the sake of High Moon, I hope that was a very early cut. I don't like that Daniel Way is writing it, since it really looks like he's run out of gas creatively over the last few arcs. I'm also just not sure the repetitive nature of games will lend itself well to Deadpool's humor, so I hope they record plenty of alternate VO gags. I want it to be good, but if I'm honest, I'm not terribly confident this will be a good game, or even good Marvel fan service if the close up of Psylocke's tits in the trailer are any indication.

#33 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

I don't give two and a half shits

#34 Posted by Zenogiasu (192 posts) -

I think it will be enjoyable as long as you know what you're getting into. This probably definitely won't be the next Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but it looks like a fun little romp that will probably make the immature part of me smile. Kind of like playing a cruder Saturday morning cartoon.

#35 Posted by Mixwizzard (83 posts) -

Trailer tried to hard to be funny and appeal to dudebros. Boob jokes aren't what makes Deadpool funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.