Is Nolan North voicing Deadpool a kind of clever joke?

#1 Edited by Tajasaurus (989 posts) -

Deadpool is known as a very self aware character, and this looks like a very self aware video game that could, potentially, play upon video game clichés. I don't know a more mainstream and well known video game voice actor than Nolan North, so do you think this could all just be a tie-in on that theme?

It's probably just another pay cheque for Nolan, but if there was ever a AAA game that subtly could poke a lot of fun at it's own industry, I think this could be it.

#2 Edited by Commander_Crichton (157 posts) -

He has voiced the character before: In Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as well as before that in that Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine movie.

#3 Edited by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

He's voiced Deadpool in all the cartoons he's appeared in (such as Hulk vs.) so no.

#4 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

I'm gonna say no but I do like your theory.

#5 Posted by Budwyzer (635 posts) -

Hoped it would be Ryan Reynolds.... but Nolan would be good too.

#6 Edited by deskp (453 posts) -

Thats not why he got the job, but they had better have a joke in game about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure this isnt a AAA game......

#7 Posted by Karkarov (3286 posts) -

It would be a good cheap laugh if he make a quip about how he sounds just like Nolan North.

#8 Posted by mustachioeugene (521 posts) -

@deskp said:

#9 Edited by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

@deskp said:

The best in-joke they could have would be to have Nolan voice every single character in the game using the Drake voice. They'd have to bring back the Northies for that!

#10 Posted by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

" Why do seagulls fly over the sea?" is a clever joke, this is just NN doing what he does.

#11 Edited by armaan8014 (5452 posts) -

@deskp said:

The best in-joke they could have would be to have Nolan voice every single character in the game using the Drake voice. They'd have to bring back the Northies for that!

nolan joke at around 7:35. Game looks pretty alright!

#12 Posted by Ghostiet (5330 posts) -

@karkarov said:

It would be a good cheap laugh if he make a quip about how he sounds just like Nolan North.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.