New Deadpool game by Activision

  • 123 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Isn't there a Deadpool movie coming anyway, it's so hard to tell what superhero movies are being made now, I swear every Super Hero has a movie "In the works"

#52 Posted by ashleychittock (136 posts) -

Awesome. Just hope it's good and not an Arkham/Devil May Cry clone.

#53 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Isn't there a Deadpool movie coming anyway, it's so hard to tell what superhero movies are being made now, I swear every Super Hero has a movie "In the works"

They've been trying to make one for years. Nobody knows whats happening with it. It will probably be in development hell for years, or at least until the rights are about to revert to Marvel and Fox rushes the movie.

#54 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@WilliamHenry: I'm still waiting for my reboot of Howard the Duck..

#55 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@WilliamHenry said:

@Hizang said:

Isn't there a Deadpool movie coming anyway, it's so hard to tell what superhero movies are being made now, I swear every Super Hero has a movie "In the works"

They've been trying to make one for years. Nobody knows whats happening with it. It will probably be in development hell for years, or at least until the rights are about to revert to Marvel and Fox rushes the movie.

I'm pretty sure the last news about it was that the Zombieland guys were working on it now. Also, if nobody knows where Ryan Reynolds is right now, I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's working on the movie.

@pantzing_nome said:

They nailed the tone, so all they need to do is have good gameplay and they've got my money.

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

#56 Posted by NegativeCero (2974 posts) -

It could be cool. Hopefully the humor comes through in the final game, though I don't know anything about Deadpool, so maybe this is spot on. Which makes me wonder if fans of the character wouldn't get tired of it after a few hours.

#57 Posted by PrioritySeven (322 posts) -

I've been a Deadpool fan for a long time, but I'm a little disappointed there isn't a movie to go along with this. Regardless, I'm pretty hype.

Online
#58 Posted by ZagZagovich (753 posts) -

This looks real rough, it might be just early footage but the animation is pretty bad and I have no real idea of what the game is supposed to be. Devil May Cry type of thing maybe? Love the character when he is done well so if there are some really good complex gags in it I'll be into it even if the game is not so good. Also is it just me or does this Deadpool sound grougher than the vs hulk one? I though Nolan nailed it there, this one sounds way off in comparison.

#59 Posted by BoOzak (871 posts) -

@ashleychittock said:

Awesome. Just hope it's good and not an Arkham/Devil May Cry clone.

I dont know much about the character outside his involvement in games and the X-Men origin movie. But wouldnt Deadpool make a lot of sense as a DMC style game? What with his cocky attitute and magic satchel. The only other genre I can think of is a half-breed third person action game like Wet or Lollipop Chainsaw, and trust me you dont want that. Even though I enjoyed those games I would've ratherd they spent more time on the game being fun to play rather than stylish and OTT. (preferably both though)

Oh, and glad to hear Nolan North wise-cracking again, been playing Spec-Ops the Line recently and I feel as though his talents are being wasted on such a grim one dimentional character.

#60 Posted by Sean2206 (263 posts) -

The tone and style and it's got an M rating so it should perfectly strike the Deadpool style and tone, now it just needs to be a good game. High moon did well with war for Cybertron from what I played and the sequel looks good so hopes for this are high, and a strong Northie contender by the looks of it.

#61 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

Suck it wolverine!

#62 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

Uh, that trailer has a... how to put it... Duke Nukem Forever vibe. Not sure how to react to it.

#63 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

Glad they brought Nolan North back. He killed it as Deadpool in Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

#64 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

Dear old Wade's been my fave super hero character for closing in on two decades.

Please have Nolan North reprise his VO as Pool from Hulk vs, he was perfect. Have him tone down the ADD he had in MvC3 a bit and use this as a template.

And please get a writer who actually gets Deadpool to pen the story. Imagine Christopher Priest, Evan Drokin, Gail Simone or the holy grail of Deadpool writers Joe Kelly penning this?!

High Moon did a great job with War For Cybertron, I enjoyed it and Fall Of Cybertron seems to be upping the game. Hopefully they can keep teh same reverence they've given Transformers to Deadpool.

Holy balls do I ever want Evan Dorkin to write a video game. That needs to happen.

#65 Edited by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

When i opened the site there was no countdown yet you said there was five hours left an hour ago, care to explain?

Never mind just saw realized it was an edit that was an hour ago

#66 Posted by Strife777 (1490 posts) -

I hope the gameplay is going to be at the very least decent, because the tone and voice acting definitely seems to be there. Nolan North shines as always.

#67 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I like the artstyle and they got Deadpool right , I hope it turns out as fun as it should be.

#68 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I'm playing it for the humor alone, there's a serious lack of these sort of fun games out there.
 
Suck it Wolverine made the video.

#69 Posted by Cloneslayer (1621 posts) -

I hope its good. I hope its good.I hope its good.I hope its good.I hope its good.

#70 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

Also I would love for Taskmaster to show up. The Taskmaster in the UDON Deadpool was a great character and his costume was bad ass

Where is this image from?I did a quick Google search for 'Udon Deadpool' and I was getting some different artwork.

#71 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

@Napalm: Try Udon Taskmaster, since it's Taskmaster in the image and not Deadpool.

#72 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@jakob187 said:

@Hailinel said:

So this is going to be a ludicrously violent third-person action game of some sort where all the humor is focused on breaking the fourth wall, right?

I'd hope so. It would at least be more interesting than 80% of the shooters out there today.

Personally, I don't care for Deadpool unless he's being written by very specific writers. Hopefully they are getting one of said writers to be involved with the game, as Deadpool's style of humor is REALLY easy to fuck up.

With that said, High Moon seems like a good choice for this. Darkwatch still remains to be an interesting world and game overall, and while I didn't LOVE War for Cybertron, it was still a good game and the multiplayer was fun as hell.

Best of luck to these guys. I think it's a little odd that Marvel has Activision continually doing their games though. I mean...aren't they part of Disney, who themselves have a games division?

Marvel is owned by Disney, but that ownership does not override any licensing deals that may have already been in place prior to Marvel's purchase (thus Sony still able to make Spider-Man movies), and does not prevent them from licensing properties to non-Disney devs since, at the end of the day, Disney would still see money come their way without having to actively spend any money to develop the games themselves.

See, that's what I was thinking as well. However, how does that translate to that Captain America game that SEGA did? Was that a deal they sparked up after the whole Marvel/Disney thing, or was that something that was already in place beforehand?

Man, all this shit about rights keeps my head spinning. Fuck it. As long as the game is good, I don't care. We need another good comic book game that doesn't start with "Batman".

#73 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

They nailed the tone and if the gameplay is serviceable then awesome

#74 Posted by Hailinel (23693 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@Hailinel said:

@jakob187 said:

@Hailinel said:

So this is going to be a ludicrously violent third-person action game of some sort where all the humor is focused on breaking the fourth wall, right?

I'd hope so. It would at least be more interesting than 80% of the shooters out there today.

Personally, I don't care for Deadpool unless he's being written by very specific writers. Hopefully they are getting one of said writers to be involved with the game, as Deadpool's style of humor is REALLY easy to fuck up.

With that said, High Moon seems like a good choice for this. Darkwatch still remains to be an interesting world and game overall, and while I didn't LOVE War for Cybertron, it was still a good game and the multiplayer was fun as hell.

Best of luck to these guys. I think it's a little odd that Marvel has Activision continually doing their games though. I mean...aren't they part of Disney, who themselves have a games division?

Marvel is owned by Disney, but that ownership does not override any licensing deals that may have already been in place prior to Marvel's purchase (thus Sony still able to make Spider-Man movies), and does not prevent them from licensing properties to non-Disney devs since, at the end of the day, Disney would still see money come their way without having to actively spend any money to develop the games themselves.

See, that's what I was thinking as well. However, how does that translate to that Captain America game that SEGA did? Was that a deal they sparked up after the whole Marvel/Disney thing, or was that something that was already in place beforehand?

Man, all this shit about rights keeps my head spinning. Fuck it. As long as the game is good, I don't care. We need another good comic book game that doesn't start with "Batman".

The Captain America game was likely made under the same agreement that led to the Iron Man games that Sega published; they produced one game for each film.

#75 Posted by bwheeeler (418 posts) -

As someone entirely unfamiliar with Deadpool, that trailer made me actively dislike him.

#76 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

Uh, that trailer has a... how to put it... Duke Nukem Forever vibe. Not sure how to react to it.

That's the exact same vibe I got. I hope they didn't hire the same comedy writer.

#77 Edited by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

Good to see that "Bang!" in still in Deadpool's vocab. I hope this game turns out well.

#78 Posted by Akyho (1585 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@Jack268 said:

@Village_Guy: He's the best comic book "hero". But he's not very famous like Spider-man or Batman.

Yeah, I only personally found out about him through X-Men Legends 2 (which, I think, is Deadpool's first ever appearance outside of a comic), and then moreso in MUA. Though it seemed after that he started croppin' up everywhere.

EDIT: As for who would portray Deadpool, I'd wager Ryan Reynolds has more of a chance. But I think he'd make for a fine Deadpool anywhoo and it'd be neat to finally get a better look at his interpretation before the movie.

This was one of the earliest scenes with Deadpool. And it actually wasnt Deadpool. sevral times in the Xmen Animated serise, Deadpool showed up as an illusaion or by a shapeshifter. Never a line given to him.

Also some of the fave moments in my short comic reading history is from Deadpool.

Wade visits San Fransisco!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-zo/SqJ2iLWaSWI/AAAAAAAAJ1g/5TDJQG4QWng/s1600/Deadpool_%23015+-+beautiful1.jpg

After Domino is sent to talk to Deadpool, Deadpool thinks she is too kill him and makes her fall through a skylight. While very pissed Domino debriefs Cyclops what happened, because Cyclops knew he would think that and sent her in anyways...but what happens is hilarious when she reveal's what broke her fall.

http://krakkaboom.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/deadpool1641.jpg

Same issue. Deadpool thinks he must assassinate a guy that is spreading lies about the Xmen. Cyclops know this is a bad idea. Setting up a plan to have a black out, so Deadpool cannot see, he sends Wolverine and Domino on a time specific mission to capture Deadpool. Previously Deadpool had gotten out Domino her biggest fear....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-zo/SwLpRMxSXlI/AAAAAAAAK80/CxxuNUPDT9Q/s1600/Deadpool_017+-+deadpoolisagenius.jpg

Just too many classic moments.

#79 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Also I would love for Taskmaster to show up. The Taskmaster in the UDON Deadpool was a great character and his costume was bad ass

Where is this image from?I did a quick Google search for 'Udon Deadpool' and I was getting some different artwork.

It's from a Taskmaster limited series drawn by Udon. It built upon the characterization set upon him during Deadpool/Agent-X.

I dug the trailer. Something DMC-esque would be perfect. It even had the little yellow boxes!

Some great little touches in taht trailer like the crossed out chimichangas on the list, the cheesy as hell artwork from the 90's swimsuit issues of X-Men on that magazine and on his wall and of course his disdain for Wolverine.

Let's hope there's a scooter sequence!

#80 Posted by bartok (2406 posts) -

This game kinda looks bad.  I am picturing a mediocre action game where Deadpool shouts out one-liners.  Hopefully it will be funny enough for a rental.

#81 Posted by Bleeble (95 posts) -

Outside of the Joe Kelly run I don't care much for the character, but still I hope the game is good.

#82 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

That trailer gave me hope this will be cool. The tone they seem to be going for is perfect.

#83 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

I'm hoping that it will surprise me and actually be a fun game like X-men Origns: Wolverine. Also, its great that they got Nolan North to reprise the role of Deadpool.

#84 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

So this is going to be a ludicrously violent third-person action game of some sort where all the humor is focused on breaking the fourth wall, right?

That would be incredible.

#85 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

I am super excited for this. Should come to all consoles and PC.

#86 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I dislike how they turned Deadpool into Duke Nukem who likes the boobies, rather than the talented yet completely insane merc that he is.

#87 Posted by Jolt92 (1538 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

I dislike how they turned Deadpool into Duke Nukem who likes the boobies, rather than the talented yet completely insane merc that he is.

Yep, that's what I thought too. Seems like he's more horny than completetly out of his mind.

#88 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Jolt92 said:

@Tylea002 said:

I dislike how they turned Deadpool into Duke Nukem who likes the boobies, rather than the talented yet completely insane merc that he is.

Yep, that's what I thought too. Seems like he's more horny than completetly out of his mind.

Yeah, cause Deadpool was never crass... Remember that one of the voices in his head is more or less his Id and is very preoccupied by boobies when it isn't preoccupied by murder.

Well, and Bea Arthur

#89 Posted by Cloudleet (155 posts) -

Oh man, I hope Ryan Reynolds is an unlockable skin. Although, that would mean that I will play it no matter how terrible it is, just like Green Lantern the game. *sigh* Hello, my name is Cloudleet and I am Ryan Reynolds bitch.

#90 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

this is so untrue, i just got my Deadpool video made and now theres a game coming, LOL!

i just hope its atleast half decent, Acti isnt the best publisher when it comes to quality, but hey, atleast we got Deadpool game with Nolan North!

#91 Posted by ashleychittock (136 posts) -

@BoOzak said:

@ashleychittock said:

Awesome. Just hope it's good and not an Arkham/Devil May Cry clone.

I dont know much about the character outside his involvement in games and the X-Men origin movie. But wouldnt Deadpool make a lot of sense as a DMC style game?

Totally, but it's also totally obvious and I've already played Devil May Cry. It's just a little depressing when I can picture a game fully formed inside my head before I've even seen any pics or footage.

#92 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Everyone should read dead pool MAX. It's a great take om dead pools world

#93 Posted by RobotHamster (4170 posts) -

I'm really hoping this turns out well, I feel like it has some good potential.

#94 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

Everyone should read dead pool MAX. It's a great take om dead pools world

I read a few issues. Seemed too cynical for a Deadpool comic.

#95 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

Everyone should read dead pool MAX. It's a great take om dead pools world

thanx, gonna check it out

#96 Posted by BrainSonata (105 posts) -

Sounds like they took voice samples directly out of Marvel Vs Capcom? Unless it's the same voice actor... Either way I'm kind of excited for a Deadpool game. I want a Deadpool movie though.

#97 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@SpartanHoplite said:

@SlightConfuse said:

Everyone should read dead pool MAX. It's a great take om dead pools world

thanx, gonna check it out

Deadpool MAX is dark as hell though. If you're new to Deadpool I recommend finding some trade paperbacks with Joe Kelly, Christopher Priest or Gail Simone as the writer from his different volumes of on-goiing series.

#98 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

Missed the tone and humor so hard in that trailer. I also think the visual style needs a ton of work.

#99 Posted by Bulby33 (545 posts) -

Nolan North doing the voice kind of bothers me. It almost seems like Nathan Drake is underneath the mask or something. I wish they would've chose someone else.

#100 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

It's probably going to be an OK budget game that'll still be priced at £40/$60 because, well, Activision. Probably the same level of quality as games like WET, X-Men Origins, Lollipop Chainsaw and so forth. Sure it'll make for a fun and inconsequential 4 or 6 hours, the kind I'll buy after a few months have passed when it can be easily found for a tenner.

Wasn't a particularly great trailer, though. I was surprised to find that I barely let out a single snigger through it all, not a single titter, chuckle nor guffaw and I usually find the typical brand of material Deadpool works with easy to laugh along to. I almost envision the game will have the same sort of uninspired humour as found in something like Matt Hazard - again, merely going by the quality of the trailer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.