Is this worth 5 bucks?

#1 Posted by AngeTheDude (638 posts) -

It's on Steam's Midweek Madness sale and I was wondering if it was worth this price. I could eat a pretty legit sandwich for 5 bucks. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Buy!

#3 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Breadfan said:
Buy!
The sandwich!
#4 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1021 posts) -

Da.

#5 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

Ha, well I am hoping it is since I purchased it 2 hours ago for that price. Sounded like a great experience for a "game."

#6 Posted by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

Yes. I paid price for it on release and I was still immensely satisfied.

#7 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Just played through it. Yes, I must say it is worth it.

#8 Posted by Sweetz (485 posts) -

I just finished it and I'm on the fence. The graphics are rather pretty, and the music is effective for lack of a better term. However, I wish it told a more comprehensible, well defined story instead of stringing together a bunch of random, nebulous anecdotes and expecting the player to form meaning out of bullshit. A rough story emerges regardless of what bits you get, but I think the game falls short of it's potential. It could have been an excellent, passively interactive short story; instead it comes off as an art experiment that succeeds in aesthetics, but fails in narrative. Just my opinion obviously, but ultimately I think I was more annoyed by it falling short of what I perceived was an enormous potential, than I was enthralled by it's visual and aural aspects.

Perhaps that's all moot given that the sale is over...

#9 Posted by Forcen (1797 posts) -

Even cheaper now!

#10 Posted by ScoreSetter (75 posts) -

@Sweetz said:

I just finished it and I'm on the fence. The graphics are rather pretty, and the music is effective for lack of a better term. However, I wish it told a more comprehensible, well defined story instead of stringing together a bunch of random, nebulous anecdotes and expecting the player to form meaning out of bullshit. A rough story emerges regardless of what bits you get, but I think the game falls short of it's potential. It could have been an excellent, passively interactive short story; instead it comes off as an art experiment that succeeds in aesthetics, but fails in narrative. Just my opinion obviously, but ultimately I think I was more annoyed by it falling short of what I perceived was an enormous potential, than I was enthralled by it's visual and aural aspects.

Perhaps that's all moot given that the sale is over...

Thanks for talking it down some. Now when I eventually get it, I won't be expecting the greatest thing ever :)

#11 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

I paid about that for it in the summer sale, and I was very happy with my purchase. Although that might just be because it references my hometown on several occasions. It has a very good ending, but you can still play it through a few times. Give it a go.

#12 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

Fuck yeah it's worth 5 bucks. It has some of the most beautiful scenery you'll seen in a game, plus the ending is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.