The first Trailer is out!

#1 Posted by mortal_sb (524 posts) -

goddamnit this looks beautiful. can't believe that this is the source engine we're looking at. release is still february 14th. be sure to watch in HD.

#2 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

I had forgotten about this thanks for reminding me, looks great

#3 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Haven't heard of this game before but after reading the its wiki I'm kinda interested.

Any word on how much it will cost?

#4 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

Wow, I think I'll be getting this.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Looks fucking amazing. 
Will probably be an Amnesia-esque survival game with an Alan Wake-esque kinda vibe. 

/pass

#6 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: From what I recall it's just exploration of the world to discover the story. I don't think there's any survival elements or even enemies in it. Mind you that is what I gathered from the original mod, I have no idea what they could've changed.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11794 posts) -

Probably the first game from 2012 I'm going to get; I just hope they're not charging a lot for it though...

#8 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

wow nice birthday present for me :D

#9 Edited by DeF (4848 posts) -

@Vexxan said:

Haven't heard of this game before but after reading the its wiki I'm kinda interested.

$9.99. check: http://dear-esther.com/?p=445

#10 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

$10? Definitely getting it now.

#11 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2272 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Looks fucking amazing. Will probably be an Amnesia-esque survival game with an Alan Wake-esque kinda vibe. /pass

......what? You're kidding right?

#12 Posted by JackSukeru (5908 posts) -

Cool. Seems like the kind of game you play for the story, so I'm glad that it doesn't have any puzzles keeping me from what I actually want out of it. At 10$ I might pick it up, is it coming to Steam?

#13 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

@DeF said:

@Vexxan said:

$9.99. check: http://dear-esther.com/?p=445

Awesome, sounds like a steal at that price.

#14 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (319 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: Yes it is. I searched for it and it came up, can't pre-order though.

#15 Posted by Hugh_Jazz (339 posts) -

Am so getting this. Loved the mod to bits. In a subdued, thoughtful way.

#16 Posted by Cirdain (3038 posts) -

It takes 40 mins to play people.... And it'll be fantastic.

#17 Posted by Cirdain (3038 posts) -

No combat, just a brilliant story

#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@GentlemanlyGentleman said:

@AhmadMetallic: From what I recall it's just exploration of the world to discover the story. I don't think there's any survival elements or even enemies in it. Mind you that is what I gathered from the original mod, I have no idea what they could've changed.

Ok I'm sold.
#19 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

It's Myst except in first person.

ALL MY MONEY.

#20 Posted by Atwa (617 posts) -

Review from IGN, I am so intrigued by this game.

#21 Posted by JCTango (1360 posts) -

@Atwa said:

Review from IGN, I am so intrigued by this game.

Thanks for that link. I was sorta interested in this game; I didn't really know what to expect from it... I can see what the devs are trying to do here, but I'm not sure it's for me... seems like a lot of what it offers can be experienced in other games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.