Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 28, 2008

Follow-up to very successful Hitman/Splinter Cell type game from russian WW2 perspective by Haggard Games and 1C.

Anybody buying this game?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i watched the video review on GS ... frustrating game in every way, it seems. 

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By krystians

What game?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rockanomics

I thought I had played it before, then I realized that was the first game, and I'm amazed this is a "Followup to a very successful game", because I remember it being terrible.

Eric5676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Eric5676

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/death-to-spies-moment-of-truth

http://www.death2spies.com/

Basically what we're talking about here are Hitman clones...from hell. I'm pretty sure the developers are sadists laughing with glee. 

You're a spy for the Soviets in WWII and you're put in all kinds of stealth spy missions behind enemy (German) lines. You cannot be further removed from run and gun if you try. Easy setting all the way to even have a chance in hell. You have to THINK. You have to plot. You have to be VERY patient and VERY quiet.

I find that most of the time I see people trashing these games those people tend to be the kind that have no patience at all and want to run and gun through everything and they also tend to have just not tried it for very long. 

That's the exact LAST thing you can do in these games.

If you like Hitman games, Splinter Cell games, or the Commando series you'll be eating these two games up.  You could arguably even run and gun in the Hitman games a little bit more than you can do in these.

I happen to love this series, lumps and all. Far from perfect to be sure but still a good package overall especially at the asking prices south of $30 a pop.

Stealth, patience, planning with virtually identical Hitman Blood Money gameplay and graphics...you'll have a good time. The first game is $20 and this new one is $27. You really could do a LOT worse with a lot more money all too easily IMO.  

I bought Moment of Truth the first day it came out with excitement and I haven't been disappointed. I hope these guys make a third game some day and keep this series going, especially if it's going to keep taking forever for us to get new Hitman games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.