Can't beat Von Prong

#1 Posted by Kato (156 posts) -

His healers are well dead (the first thing I do in the battle is one-hit them) and the only weapon I'm even using is the Prongenator, but every so often (usually after his sing attack) he turns red for a while and heals until (seemingly) I smack him again. Is this a bug? I could get by if he didn't heal so often...

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Stay outside of the red ring. He will do a sort of wind up before he sings so when he does that stay out of the ring. You will not be stunned and I think that is what heals him or something. 

#3 Posted by Kato (156 posts) -

Got him, thanks. Don't know what I did, just kept away at it. 

Yay, a new S-rank! :D

#4 Posted by eloj (493 posts) -

I never really left his side. Took out his companions, then smacked up a 'globe of invunerabilty' or whatever it's called, then it was just a question of hitting X for the Prongenator rapidly, drinking one potion after being stunned, throwing up another globe when the first one goes out, hitting X some more and soon after he was down. Much easier than I expected, was prepared to have to try several times, but it was over in what felt like 30-40s.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.