Deathspank 2 already?!

#1 Posted by Spect8re (10 posts) -

Hey guys, i was just checking out xbox360achievements.org and noticed they have a listing for a new Deathspank game called Deathspank: T.O.V. It has to be a new game as XBLA games can only have up to 300 point in achievements and this would make it 400. Check out the info at this link and let us know what you think :D  

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/deathspank-tov/achievements/    

#2 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

I'm all for it. I loved the first one, and the ending has made me curious about what comes next.

#3 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Maybe it's an expansion?

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Wait, how would that site get that achievement info before the game is announced?

#5 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

Anybody else noticed the cowboy hat next to Dispenser of Justice achievement?

#6 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

Either DLC expansion or a retial disc version?

#7 Posted by jbuchan76 (156 posts) -

I hope its DLC.. I loved Deathspank.. 

#8 Posted by Sogeman (878 posts) -

It's a new game. Have know the Avatar Awards for it for a while and it has 12 achievements with 200 points. That's not DLC.

#9 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

I really liked Deathspank but I really hope this isn't $15. With school starting up in a couple of weeks I'm going to run short on funds soon.

#10 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Dude, I just S-Ranked DeathSpank today (#33) and already a sequel is going to be released? Hell-yeah!

It would make sense that a continuation would be immediately in the wings. DeathSpank was originally going to be episodic, similar to HotHead's previous Penny Arcade Adventures. The cost of making these games seem ludicrously low, most environment art assets appear to be flat 2D images. It's defiantly a case where the style aids the development process. This way they can focus on stuffing the game with content. Defiantly excited to hear the news, given the way that DeathSpank ends....

#11 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Maybe I expected too much from it but man... Deathspank was not fun to play. It was... cute here and there but really, it wasn't funny, it got really repetitive after an hour. I honestly thought the game was terrible. So I'm not really excited for the sequel.

#12 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Deathspank was fine but if they put out another one, I probably won't play it.

#13 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -

I loved the first one a whole lot and will buy this immediately when it becomes available.

#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Sogeman:  compelling avatar
#15 Posted by Tordah (2488 posts) -

This is good news.

#16 Posted by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

cool

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.