PC Version-

#1 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

How are the chances looking for a PC version of this?

#2 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

I doubt it, though it might go to steam. You never know.

#3 Posted by JamesBoyce (295 posts) -

I don't see why Gilbert wouldn't want it on PC in some way or another, especially with a service like Steam being around.  As far as I know, there was a PC version in development apparently, but it's not on the site anymore, as if that's not in the works any longer.  I sincerely do hope it ends up on PC, I'd much rather have it on PC than anything else and since it's Ron Gilbert, I'd say it'll probably pop up in a month or two...

#4 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

Yeah they refered to it in the Deathspank newsletter as the [REDACTED] Version

#5 Posted by rybrad (143 posts) -
#6 Edited by FellOpenIan (64 posts) -

The more that I play the console versions with their four weapons at all times approach to action RPGness, I'm kinda wondering how they are going to translate said face-button reliant controls to the PC version. Obviously there will be 360 pad support and of course you can simply modify your left/right clicks with ctrl, shift, alt, and so forth but a lot of the combat in DeathSpank is built around combo-ing weapons together.

With the recent trend of locking down keybindings in console-first PC games it has me worried a bit. (and I don't mean editing INI files and such but actual in-game total key re-mapping support)

Either way I want it and I want it now as the PS3 version tears to an embarrassing extent and the 360 version costs $20 because you can't purchase $15 worth of space-bux.

edit: Well what do ya know...turns out via zune.net you can purchase points in increments of 1200.

#7 Posted by Sedasys (149 posts) -
@FellOpenIan:  What about wasd movement and arrow keys for attacking? That seems like it'd work. Lego Harry Potter pulled off all keyboard controls quite nicely, I'm sure DeathSpank could too.
#8 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

i think they are talking about a PC version that will get released soon. :)

#9 Edited by XxBarretxX (307 posts) -
@JamesBoyce:  you are aware Ron Gilbert hasn't worked at Hothead for almost a year now right?
#10 Posted by Mysterysheep (357 posts) -
@XxBarretxX: He left in April when the game was pretty much finished. Minus bug-fixing I would assume.

I don't know how I'd feel using strictly the keyboard for a Diabloesque game on the PC. I mean, It worked for the gamepad, but it would just feel wrong on the PC. Maybe two weapons for the two mouse buttons and one assigned on the spacebar? I dunno. It's a difficult thing to decide.
#11 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -
@Mysterysheep:  or they just leave in gamepad support like most modern pc games nowadays and you won't have to worry bout that.
#12 Posted by Droop (1868 posts) -

[REDACTED]

#13 Posted by Mysterysheep (357 posts) -
@Marz: But what about all those PC snobs who refuse to use a gamepad on a PC because they consider it unholy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.