Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DeathSpank

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 13, 2010

A comedic action-RPG developed by Hothead Games, and headed by Ron Gilbert of Monkey Island fame.

S-ranking DeathSpank

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ultimadark

I'm a few hours into the game, and I read through the achievement list. Do you get a S-rank in this game by basically finishing the game including sidequests?

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mysterysheep

Yup, pretty much. I had to grind a bit near the end to get to level 20 but otherwise it's an easy S-rank.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cstrang

And probably a little bit of grinding at the end.  But yes.  Welcome to one of the easiest S-ranks out there.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah do everything and then grind a little to get the last level. Pretty easy S-Rank.

Here's some advice on speeding up the grinding at the end. Set the difficulty to hard and then use the outhouses to teleport back and forth between the Unicorn Meadow and the lord's castle bridge. Clear out one area and then go back to the other and it should be repopulated. If at some point they stop respawning, quit to the main menu and then continue. You should be able to clear out the unicorns pretty quickly by just attracting their attention to get all of them to charge you, throwing down the invulnerability bubble and then using the spinning blade justice move to kill them all.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YoungFrey

And "little grinding" isn't a euphemism for 4 hours.  I think it took me 20 minutes to go from close to 19 to 20 after finishing the game. 

androdro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By androdro
    @YoungFrey: same here, just went from the dam and the castle
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm stuck on the orphan quest if anyone could help me out. I feel like there's a giant piece of hidden land I'm not seeing. Can't figure out how to get to the castle and haunted woods.

Snotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Snotty

Follow the road east out of pluckmuckel for many screens to get to the haunted woods. The castle is some way beyond the woods. Youre right, there is a large section of the game that youve not found yet.

RuinRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By RuinRunner

The turtles are a good way to grind out that last level's worth of XP after you complete the main game.  Just equip the spinning sword, fill that justice meter, and saw your way through a few dozen of them.  Outhouse away and back and repeat.  Won't take long to clear out that last cheevo.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Ultimadark

Finished the game now, might try to get to level 20 tomorrow (im 18 now), don't really feel like it's worth it now though...

Avatar image for justinhershkowitz
    JustinHershkowitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished every thing except the eubricks friends journal quest. 

I've went to the Demon Mines a bunch of times and still no luck...did my game glitch?

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By CarpetRemnant
    @JustinHershkowitz: there are two demon mines though, have you been to both?
    Aikaturbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aikaturbo
    @JustinHershkowitz:  If i'm correct, the journal you are looking for is in the eyeball cave east to Pluckmuckel. Its not in a demon mine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.