Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deception IV: Blood Ties

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 27, 2014

A new game in Tecmo's Deception series, where this time the player controls the Devil's daughter as she seeks to free her imprisoned father.

Is there an option to NOT kill the enemies?

sitagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sitagi

Hi all,

The game is original and perverted enough to have captured my interest, but there is one thing that is holding me - apparently, all enemies die after going through your traps, no matter what those traps are, and there is no way to capture or spare them, which I'm not really OK with.

I did some research in let's plays on youtube, and found that you do have an option to spare the final boss lady (so-called ending C), but I haven't seen an option to spare anyone else. In addition, in another ending the characters openly say that all the enemies have been killed.

So, is there any way to spare or capture the good guys that are after you? Perhaps there is some line in the dialogues that hints that the deceased enemies will be resurrected as Devil's servants or some other nonsense? Just one small hint that they do not irreversibly die and vanish, or better yet, an ability to choose their fate, would let us, perverted vidiya game pacifists, enjoy the game.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

You're the daughter of Satan in a game where you design torture-device inspired traps meant to horribly maim your enemies so I don't wouldn't hold out any hope of you going through the game as a pure soul.

You can capture people but you can't capture everyone.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well, I watched Dan play Trapt, the predecessor to this one.

And no chance, that's what you got. No chance in hell.

sitagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sitagi

@sethphotopoulos:

You can capture people but you can't capture everyone.

Could you please link to an example of capturing someone? Can it be done to "regular" enemies (which still have individual names and bios, mind you), e.g. by arranging non-lethal traps, or only to a small set of plot-significant characters? All the videos I have seen show uninjured defeated people saying a sorrowful or humorous line and then passing away in a puddle of blood that suddenly starts pouring out of them.

As for being a merciless Devil's daughter, video games and comics have taught me that devils can be decent guys if you get to know them better, and vicious and bloody traps that impale, crush and mutilate can sometimes only make you lose your armour and dignity, without causing any life-threatening damage.

@csl316:

That's pretty gruesome to hear, I'll steer clear of it as well if that's the case.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@sitagi: Can't find a video but I found this guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/731291-deception-iv-blood-ties/68924168

sitagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sitagi

@sethphotopoulos:

Awesome, I totally missed that! The guide claims that it's "possible to capture almost everyone if you want", which I may be quite fine with. Apparently, let's players totally ignored that feature for some reason. Could be tricky, but as a person who beat Commandos and Deus Ex with a non-lethal approach, it's not the first time I'm willing to sacrifice my time to do the right thing and save a bunch of polygons and textures from their untimely demise.

Thanks, I really appreciate that (as well as DarkBlood1's work who made that FAQ).

sitagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sitagi

@corruptedevil:

Is murder the only option to do with the captured enemies? Now that I've looked it up a bit more, the official site explicitly mentions that you can either keep them captured at least until the end of the game when the Devil comes back to life, or let them run away (somehow):

Many enemies try to invade Laegrinna's base, each for their own reasons, but all have one thing in common: as soon as they step onto the stage, their fates are at your mercy. Will you sacrifice them to your traps, capture them to await the Devil's justice, or mercifully let them flee?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.