Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deep Down

Game » consists of 0 releases.

A medieval fantasy game for PlayStation 4 from Capcom, using the new Panta Rhei engine.

New trailer (online game and will debut at TGS.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

Here is a small trailer for Deep down. It is said to be an online game and that it will be debut at TGS this year.

Official site:

http://www.d-down.jp/pc/

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Surprised to hear it'll be an online game. Though by 'online' do they mean like The Division, or will it simply feature a heavy focus on cooperative gameplay I wonder.

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So PS4 exclusive? Weird, was expecting it to be multiplatform since it's Capcom.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

@yummylee said:

Surprised to hear it'll be an online game. Though by 'online' do they mean like The Division, or will it simply feature a heavy focus on cooperative gameplay I wonder.

Yeah, that's the question with a lot of next gen games. Just about every game is "online" in some way; so, what does this really mean? I'll be curious to see what level of online we're talking about.

Maybe...

"Go Deep Down... with your friends on Facebook! While they match four puzzle blocks to get mana points, you can spend those points when fighting horrific monsters! And something about when you're on a bus! Asynchronous!"

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wampa1

@truthtellah: I'm not living if I'm not playing video games constantly even on transport and at work or social occasions!

@yummylee: Is this the one that was supposedly a sequel to Dogma? If so replacing Pawns with people could be brilliant, or maybe it's a similar system and Capcom considered that game to be "online focused"?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Seppli

@oodli said:

So PS4 exclusive? Weird, was expecting it to be multiplatform since it's Capcom.

Dead Rising 3 is Xbox One exclusive for now, so who knows... guess both will be coming to the other platform eventually.

Deep Down likely being built by the team behind Dragon's Dogma and Bitterblack Island, or at least according to a design template that came out of that experience, it's my most anticipated game I know nothing about.

Could it be a first person dungeon crawler? Oh - the font is kinda wierdly non-mediveal looking.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Weird logo treatment. Makes me think it's an Assassins Creed animus type story or something.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1: Yeah Dragons Dogma online would be pretty great. Man TGS seems to be getting really really good this year^^

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Weird logo treatment. Makes me think it's an Assassins Creed animus type story or something.

Are you suggesting that Dragon's Dogma and its possible sequel Deep Down might be set in an AC-like animus?

Because, if so, I am all for this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Humanity
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Kinda hope that it's Deep Down: Dragon's Dogma 'cause then you could just call it D4.

Anyway I am super interested in what this could be, when is TGS again?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karkarov

Uh yeah, capcom has already said on their own forums/site Deep Down is not a Dragon's Dogma sequel and yes, they are making a Dragon's Dogma sequel. It just isn't this.

If it is an exclusive this will be the first non Wii U exclusive I give a crap about. Feels funny as hell typing that. The logo and font are sending serious mixed messages though. The game itself is giving a hard core dungeon vibe ala the Japanese Wizardry games.... and then the logo makes me think I am playing a Halo spinoff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.