The inevitable PC release

#1 Edited by JasonLeeson (200 posts) -

Question. Considering the fact that:

1. The Deep Down demo can run on a 'NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570, 8 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i7 CPU'
  2. Capcom's last big game, Resident Evil 6, took 5 months to come to PC.
  3. Next-gen PC ports are easier than ever.
  4. Capcom really love money.

How long long until we're pre-loading this badboy on steam?

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

I wouldn't think that far a head they still haven't 100% confirmed it is coming out in the west (It probably will)

#3 Edited by JasonLeeson (200 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: My good sir, in regards to your western release concern - I refer you to point 4.

#4 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

1. The Deep Down demo can run on a 'NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570, 8 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i7 CPU'

problem here is that Sony is co developing it. Yes it can come to the PC but not for a while is my guess.

#5 Edited by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

@darji said:

@jasonleeson said:

problem here is that Sony is co developing it. Yes it can come to the PC but not for a while is my guess.

Yup it might make its way to PC one day but i do not think it will come to the X1

#6 Edited by Superfriend (1586 posts) -

Remember how well Dragons Dogma turned out on PC?

This is sort of like that game.. only that Sony also has a hand in development.

#7 Posted by Dacnomaniac (444 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: Judging by the level of success Dark Souls had, it's pretty safe to say it's coming to the west...

#8 Edited by Darji (5293 posts) -

Western release is no question since it first was announced at an american event.

#9 Posted by TheBioLover (68 posts) -

Uh, what? It's a PS4 exclusive.

#10 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

His argument is that it's a timed exclusive that will eventually make its way to platforms other than the PS4, but with Sony also behind the game, I don't see that happening.

#11 Posted by flasaltine (1710 posts) -

Capcom love money? Not really considering they don't bring Monster Hunter to PC.

#13 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3997 posts) -

Assuming a Japanese console game comes to PC is not good practice, especially when it's Sony doing the exclusivity vs Microsoft.

#14 Posted by Andorski (5367 posts) -

When was it said that the game can run on an nVidia GPU and Intel CPU?

#15 Posted by flasaltine (1710 posts) -

@edsone: Where? In Japan maybe with a dumb MMO.

#16 Posted by fisk0 (4500 posts) -

Considering how they didn't release a PC version of Dragon's Dogma even after Capcom America's VP Christian Svensson begged Capcom Japan to do it ... I'm not as enthusiasthic.

#18 Posted by JasonLeeson (200 posts) -

@fisk0 said:

Considering how they didn't release a PC version of Dragon's Dogma even after Capcom America's VP Christian Svensson begged Capcom Japan to do it ... I'm not as enthusiasthic.

Remember how well Dragons Dogma turned out on PC?

Assuming a Japanese console game comes to PC is not good practice

Guys, this is a new generation. The consoles are x86. Steam happened. You can't keep assuming things are going to be exactly the same this time round.

@hailinel said:

@thebiolover said:

His argument is that it's a timed exclusive that will eventually make its way to platforms other than the PS4, but with Sony also behind the game, I don't see that happening.

What's the true extent of their involvement? If we're talking a Bayonetta 2 situation with 100% funding coming from Nintendo, maybe you're right. But I doubt a big publisher like Capcom would relinquish the rights to release on PC if they feel they can make a decent profit. It's just business.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.