Def Jam Rapstar Bundle Dated and Priced

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Def Jam Rapstar's humble bundle won't put much of a dent in your wallet, especially if you're used to slapping down extra coin on collector's editions. According to Konami's press release this morning, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the one-wired-microphone-plus-software package for the music game will cost just $70.00. The Wii bundle will be priced at $60.00. But all three versions of the game won't be released until this October 5 in North America, so it might be best to check the anticipation for the moment. 

If you're in Europe, by the way, you'll have to wait until the game's November 2 release. Also, you probably shouldn't expect these prices to stick--in the press release, Konami said that European pricing and bundle information is forthcoming. 

In addition to busting out information about pricing, seven more songs have also been revealed. These tracks are, if my sources are to be believed, bangers. Here's a list. 

• Biz Markie - Just A Friend
  • Drake - Best I Ever Had
  • Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
  • Outkast - So Fresh, So Clean
  • Pete Rock and CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)
  • Redman and Method Man - Da Rockwilder
  • Salt-N-Pepa - Push It

In addition to these classics, two of the producers providing tracks for the game's freestyle mode have also been announced. DJ Premier will deliver "JJ's Beat" while Just Blaze is on the hook for a track called "On the One." Neat, huh?

Look, I'm a KMFDM guy who doesn't like to sing to his Xbox. When my girlfriend gets me to play Lips, I get red-faced and blow into the microphone for five straight, terrifying minutes. Def Jam Rapstar isn't up my alley. But I do think it's a needed title. If it's good, it'll be a shot in the arm for a genre that is still creatively stale and, reportedly, in a financial slump. I'm excited to see how the game will perform, at least.
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Def Jam Rapstar's humble bundle won't put much of a dent in your wallet, especially if you're used to slapping down extra coin on collector's editions. According to Konami's press release this morning, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the one-wired-microphone-plus-software package for the music game will cost just $70.00. The Wii bundle will be priced at $60.00. But all three versions of the game won't be released until this October 5 in North America, so it might be best to check the anticipation for the moment. 

If you're in Europe, by the way, you'll have to wait until the game's November 2 release. Also, you probably shouldn't expect these prices to stick--in the press release, Konami said that European pricing and bundle information is forthcoming. 

In addition to busting out information about pricing, seven more songs have also been revealed. These tracks are, if my sources are to be believed, bangers. Here's a list. 

• Biz Markie - Just A Friend
  • Drake - Best I Ever Had
  • Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
  • Outkast - So Fresh, So Clean
  • Pete Rock and CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)
  • Redman and Method Man - Da Rockwilder
  • Salt-N-Pepa - Push It

In addition to these classics, two of the producers providing tracks for the game's freestyle mode have also been announced. DJ Premier will deliver "JJ's Beat" while Just Blaze is on the hook for a track called "On the One." Neat, huh?

Look, I'm a KMFDM guy who doesn't like to sing to his Xbox. When my girlfriend gets me to play Lips, I get red-faced and blow into the microphone for five straight, terrifying minutes. Def Jam Rapstar isn't up my alley. But I do think it's a needed title. If it's good, it'll be a shot in the arm for a genre that is still creatively stale and, reportedly, in a financial slump. I'm excited to see how the game will perform, at least.
#2 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Censored?

#3 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -

I'm hoping for some sort of video feature about this game, considering how much Jeff is looking forward to it.

#4 Posted by Dark_Swordmaster (28 posts) -

KMFDM!

I don't know, this seems like you might as well just be playing the screaming songs on Rock Band. No pitch, just make noise?

#5 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Ya I'm not one for karaoke games, but this could actually be pretty good.  Hopefully it turns out good. 

Also, Drake - Best I Ever Had,  Is definitely not a classic.

#6 Posted by RJPelonia (855 posts) -

Oh snap. Push It is in the game? This is now officially the best music game ever.

#7 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

awwww are they not fighting games anymore? i am disapointed ;(

#8 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

P-PUSH IT REAL GOOD 

BA BADA BA BA BA - BA BADABADA!

#9 Posted by Phished0ne (2496 posts) -

um....i posted on their facebook about how theres not enough intelligent rap..and the dude said

"DONT WORRY WE GOT YOU""

they still havent announced any Mos Def, MF Doom, BlackStarr....i am dissapoint.

#10 Posted by raidingkvatch (1151 posts) -

I really hope this works out, I'm really looking forward to an awesome rap game to test my obvious skillz.

#11 Posted by gohangvo (18 posts) -

Da Rockwilder? 
Hell yes.

#12 Posted by FinalDasa (1606 posts) -

I simply can NOT wait for this quick look 

It will make this year worth while

#13 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

The new tracks look nice.  I would have preferred Elevators from OutKAST but at least they're not completely ignoring the south.

#14 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

Just a friend.... yes?

#15 Posted by masternater27 (918 posts) -
@Phished0ne said:
" um....i posted on their facebook about how theres not enough intelligent rap..and the dude said  "DONT WORRY WE GOT YOU""  they still havent announced any Mos Def, MF Doom, BlackStarr....i am dissapoint. "
I'd buy it censored or not if any of those guys or gangstarr/guru are in it.
#16 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

I enjoy singing the most in Rock Band, and if Singstar wasn't so shitty I would totally be into it. With that said, I'm definitely looking forward to Rapstar.

#17 Posted by phantomzxro (1571 posts) -

For a music game it may have some promise. All that i ask is that giantbomb have a quicklook of it in the style of the just dance quick look and i will be happy.
#18 Posted by JacDG (2119 posts) -

Drake... really? Well, if I made this game it would sell 1000 copy's at best, because I would only put guys like Nas, Masta Ace and so on in it.

#19 Posted by Blair (2504 posts) -

Just A Friend?  It's mine day one.

#20 Posted by Se7enthSamurai (83 posts) -

I plead for a quick look, when this comes out, of the whole Giantbomb crew doing C.R.E.A.M by Wu-Tang (I believe that's in the game) and them just passing the mic when someone verse comes up. That would make my life complete.

#21 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Just saying before it comes out this needs to be a future TNT or quick look at the very least.

#22 Posted by kidman (466 posts) -

KMFDM!

#23 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

It Was A Good Day and They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)?  Alright, game, you've caught my interest.
#24 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

More Wu-Tang (and stuff affiliated with Wu-Tang) and I'm in

#25 Posted by Derachi (95 posts) -

The new tracks may be bangers, but are they slumpers?

#26 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

Biz Markie just made this day one for me I sing this all the time when Im drunk. 
Umm and what is KMFDM? Im missing something here.

#27 Posted by DannyJ (445 posts) -

Remember when Def Jam made awesome fighting games like Vendetta and especially Fight for New York? When will that happen again?

#28 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

A game about rapping? I'm sold, sign me up.

#29 Posted by Milkman (16640 posts) -

As long as it's uncensored, I'm fully behind this.

#30 Posted by SoftButtCheeks (145 posts) -

Day 1 purchase

#31 Posted by Coolarman (708 posts) -

Biz Markie? 

That dude is completely insane

#32 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

YES!

I'm watching the Quick Look! No doubt!

#33 Posted by bjorno (1412 posts) -

fuck yes ice cube

#34 Posted by PHEDIA (35 posts) -
@damnboyadvance: This is definitely Quick Look material.
#35 Posted by MeatSim (10830 posts) -

This seams reasonably priced for a music game with a peripheral.

#36 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

how the fuck is drake a classic? that dude can't rap for shit

#37 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
" awwww are they not fighting games anymore? i am disapoint ;( "
Fix'd.
#38 Edited by WholeFunShow (351 posts) -

I have it on great authority that KMFDM are better than the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.