Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Def Jam Rapstar

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Grab the mic and prove you got swagger in this hip-hop-focused music game from 4mm Games and Terminal Reality.

DLC Freeze Issue

pseudomyxoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By pseudomyxoma

I bought some DLC for DEFJAM Rapstar and when it finished with the first two download and got to the third (Pharcyde - Passing Me By) the game froze.  I thought it was weird but I turned off my 360 and started it back up and signed in to my profile.  After loading up the game it froze again this time before it could load my saved data.  It now does this everytime I try to load the game up under my profile.  I logged in with another profile and could get past this screen and was even able to play all the songs I downloaded.  I have tried deleting the downloads and re-downloading and clearing my cache but nothing seems to work.  I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if there was any fix either than deleting my game save and starting over and having to go through all the progression again.  

pseudomyxoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By pseudomyxoma

I eventually ended up calling Konami support about this issue.  Looks like the only thing you can do is delete the save game and start a new.  Pretty shitty really when you cumulative achievements in the game like this.  Not sure if I will continue to play this and buy more DLC now kind of soured on the whole game because of this.   

I searched the internet and found a few others that had the same thing happen to them through DLC.  My recommendation for others downloading DLC is to download it from the XBL marketplace instead of the DefJam in game store because this appears to be how the DLC can cause your save data to become corrupt.

Avatar image for deactivated-6317b109e62ed
    deactivated-6317b109e62ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

deteleing doesnt allways work it did this to me and i dont have any dlc

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.