Last chance to get in on Defense Grid 2 kickstarter!

#1 Posted by Ironlink (43 posts) -

The Defense Grid 2 kickstarter has reached more than 100%, and will be funded on Tuesday the 14th of August. If you ask me, the $75 level is quite a sweet-spot (also available for $60 in a limited number):

• 3 copies of the original game and all DLC (including the new one, Containment)
  • 3 copies of the new game
  • Beta access (presumably one)
  • Tool to visualize level ideas so you can submit them
  • Concept art PDFs (for the new DLC and the new game)
  • Poster
  • Soundtracks (old game and new game)
  • Ringtone
#2 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

Ah, the Kickstarter that purports to be for a new game, but its target actually only funds a little expansion for an existing game (with the tenuous possibility of a new game in the future). They are asking for a million in order to develop the actual sequel. They are only a quarter of the way there. Unless they have solid plans on how they're going to make up the difference, I'd steer clear of this one.

#3 Posted by Ironlink (43 posts) -

According to Hidden Path themselves, the sequel was/is going to happen either way, the only difference being how many other games they have to make in between to generate the cash needed.

#4 Edited by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -

Am I the only one who finds tower defense games incredibly boring? let me just sit here and let dudes march towards me for 3 hours. Some games work in an action element like sanctum or toy soldiers, but it's still a drag. The first defense grid was well made but not my cup of tea at all.

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

What is this word, "Kickstarter"?  I do not think it means what you think it means.

#6 Posted by Kidavenger (3528 posts) -

15 minutes left on this.

$15 gets you a copy of the original game, The next expansion due out in December and Defense Grid 2 when they can get it done; it may take awhile (a year) but they will make it.

Defense Grid has been the best supported game I've ever seen outside of Valve or Blizzard, these are good people, get in on this if you have any interest in good tower defense games because this one is the best.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.