Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Defiance

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 02, 2013

Defiance is a free-to-play MMO-shooter that coincides with events in a television series of the same name, depicting humans and aliens working together on a ravaged, mutated Earth. The game is multi-platform, but does not support cross-platform play.

anyone watch the show?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Its not bad and i like how the show ties in with the game missions

anyone else like it?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Unless Julie Benz gets naked, no.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

It's a good show for Sci Fi, you sort of have to go into it with the mindset that it'll be something to laugh at half the time. That said they're continuously making Nolan more of a psychopath which I'm all for, Datak is the best character. Fanservice is terrible but it does probably increase the ratings; they already ordered a second season.

The game is a lot of fun, especially the co-op maps. Competitive Multiplayer is kind of a joke, just find the most overpowered weapon and have the best perks equipped and victory; however you can AFK multiplayer matches and still get every potential benefit, which I'm doing at present; an excellent way to get experience/credits/keys without actually doing anything; feels very MMO-like in those respects.

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I tried watching Defiance but it's pretty corny. I might give it another go when it hits netflix.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I watch the show out of pure boredom on Monday Nights usually. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's still kinda shitty. I won't go into detail, but, after last night's episode and a few of the things in weeks prior, I'm fucking convinced they're trying to subtlety recreate BSG (or key parts of it at least) or something. The lead female is told she will become the angel of death? A bunch of humans, as it turns out,, aren't really humans and were used to infiltrate and sabotage human society so now there's going to be a witch hunt for the remaining few? C'mon, really? Really?

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

I like the show. Julie Benz is amazing fully clothed. And Jaime Murray is basically naked, so there's that.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it's pretty great.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm told it's surprisingly decent. But no, I haven't.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched three or four episodes from the beginning but got bored..

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have not see it, but I think trying for 'that story' and in 'that world' was a huge mistake. Think about it, there is no Star Trek now, show why is nobody making a new starship series while there is ZERO competition. A starship show is a KNOWN quantity that works for TV. Why have a show set on a planet with the necessity of a bigger cast, more extras needed to make it look real, and outdoor sets?

THERE IS NO STAR TREK!!! Why is nobody taking advantage of that vacuum?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: red dwarf started yup again :)

Well, where is J. Michael Straczynski with some Babylon 5? Where is Joss Whedon and some Firefly? These dudes when up against Trek when it was on the air, but when it is off the air they take a nap? What was that Canadian show about exploring every planet...Defying Gravity (TV series). THAT SHOW WAS GOOD!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Defiance season finale was great, they seem to know which characters are expendable and which ones are totally useless. That said only 12 episodes and the next season not starting until June next year is kind of annoying.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By DocHaus

@monkeyking1969: "If you want it so much why don't you do it?"

(inb4 "time, money, distance to and contacts in LA")

On topic, it's not the best show, but it does give me a sense of nostalgia with most of the aliens being just people with painted faces and the dirtbike cavalry at the end of the pilot made for amusing television. It's quite watchable and it's about convinced me to acquire the game during this Steam sale.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By monkeyking1969

@dochaus said:

@monkeyking1969: "If you want it so much why don't you do it?"

(inb4 "time, money, distance to and contacts in LA")

On topic, it's not the best show, but it does give me a sense of nostalgia with most of the aliens being just people with painted faces and the dirtbike cavalry at the end of the pilot made for amusing television. It's quite watchable and it's about convinced me to acquire the game during this Steam sale.

Yeah, I know, if I want something done I should make it myself. ;-) Funny enough I know people in LA...but all they ever did was THIS. Which come to think of it ain't too bad.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@monkeyking1969: Hey, that already puts you ahead of many others in the game. I've got a draft script lying around and a tiny bit of acting experience but not the time/money/contacts that could make it useful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.