Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demigod

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 14, 2009

Developed by Gas Powered Games for the PC, Demigod is a real-time strategy, action role-playing game hybrid. The game draws heavily from Defense of the Ancients, the custom map scenario for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Am I the only one?

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpecTackle

That thinks this game looks really great? I love the sense of scale, it really makes it look epic even in just the screenshots.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
    optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By optimusprime223

no i also think that, it does look pretty cool

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

I think it looks like a decent game, might give it a rent sometime after this huge flood of games passes in the coming months, just doesn't blow me away or anything.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny

I hadn't even heard of it until PAX08, I went to the Stardock booth, and there was (*gasp*) a demo computer with nobody at it. I tried it out with a GPG employee pointing things out while I played Rook. I enjoyed it enough that I preordered it (FYI preordering gets you into the beta).

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I saw this announced in PC Gamer a year or more ago. I love SupCom, so this is a natural purchase for me.

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By trav3ler

Meh, here's the way I'm looking at it

DOTA:
    free (since I already own Warcraft III+FT)
    97 Heroes, each with a different playstyle
    established formula w/ regular updates + bugfixes
    massive community of players

DEMIGOD:
    50-60$
    8 Heroes
    possibly buggy, unlikely to get regular updates + much additional content
    questionable whether enough people will play to make it worthwhile.

So, unless I'm proven wrong, I'm gonna stick with DOTA.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

I am waiting on reviews. It does look awesome.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It looks awesome, and It claims to be an RTD/action RPG, since I really like DoW2 it sounds good to me.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

We're getting here at work.  I'm curious to check it out.  However, I was only mildly impressed with Dungeon Siege II, Space Siege, and Supreme Commander...so we'll see how it all turns out.  =  /

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By MAST
    trav3ler said:
    DOTA:

DEMIGOD:
    50-60$
    8 Heroes

Well, first off. DotA has 100 heroes? Yeah, but most of them are extremely similar or outright clones. Not to mention the fact that they always use the same 3-4 abilities every game. Nothing is ever different. There is no way to customize them the way you want. Etc.
    This is not true for the heroes in Demigod. Sure, 8 might seem like a small number, but once you start looking at how huge their talent trees are. Start seeing the synergy between talent tree paths, and the items you can buy. As well as start buying persistent items that follow you from game to game. Those 8 heroes start becoming infinitely more complex. Way more complex then anything that WC3 DotA has to offer. Plus, the Demigod heroes look a thousand times cooler then the DotA heroes.

Also, the game is only 40 bucks. Not 50-60. So yeah. Worth every penny. I just got it today, and have played 5 or so games, and i'm already hooked. I don't have anything bad to say about it. I haven't encountered any bugs, the gameplay is super fun, and it's only 40 bones... I've payed 60 bucks before for a game not even a fraction as good as this one.

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By trav3ler
    MAST said:
    "trav3ler said:
    DOTA:

DEMIGOD:
    50-60$
    8 Heroes
    Well, first off. DotA has 100 heroes? Yeah, but most of them are extremely similar or outright clones. Not to mention the fact that they always use the same 3-4 abilities every game. Nothing is ever different. There is no way to customize them the way you want. Etc.This is not true for the heroes in Demigod. Sure, 8 might seem like a small number, but once you start looking at how huge their talent trees are. Start seeing the synergy between talent tree paths, and the items you can buy. As well as start buying persistent items that follow you from game to game. Those 8 heroes start becoming infinitely more complex. Way more complex then anything that WC3 DotA has to offer. Plus, the Demigod heroes look a thousand times cooler then the DotA heroes.Also, the game is only 40 bucks. Not 50-60. So yeah. Worth every penny. I just got it today, and have played 5 or so games, and i'm already hooked. I don't have anything bad to say about it. I haven't encountered any bugs, the gameplay is super fun, and it's only 40 bones... I've payed 60 bucks before for a game not even a fraction as good as this one."

Fair enough... I wasn't meaning to knock Demigod, just stating my reasons for not purchasing it.  Even 40$ is 40$ more than I can afford at this point in time (yaaaay recession!), and at least to me, Dota is similar enough and good enough for me to decide to save money for more important things and stick with Dota.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

The top editor for this game has a Kratos AVATAR XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.