Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

4-2 Help

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx

I' m SL 75 and I'm having some trouble with the Old Hero or getting to him at least. I'm low on spices as well as moon grass. With this aside, is there any of you that think my SL should be higher to tackle this area?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No. I was at a way lower SL than you when I went through that level and defeated the Old Hero. Then again, I was a magician and the game's PvE is real easy with a dedicated magic oriented class.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By McGhee

This guy's videos were helpful to me when I was playing Demon's Souls.

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx

It's getting passed those damn reapers, and then when I got to the Old Hero I couldn't turn back. So I sustained much damage and got him down to 3/4 of his health before dying because he was cheap and while I was down decided to do his explosion attack and finish me off :/

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fini_fly

I was at a much lower SL when I beat him. I used arrows and just kept quiet. If I was in a bind, I would run to the other end of the room and wait until he couldn't find me anymore. Good luck.

xXDiabloFanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xXDiabloFanXx

Well I just beat the game a few hours ago. You can make the reaper down below the first ledge commit suicide by throwing soul remains until he jumps off the ledge. As for the Old Hero, just equip your Theif's Ring and slash away. Blind bastard don't know what's coming :p Other than that Garl Vinland And Allant were easy to finish, so was the Dirty Colossus.

punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By punpun

man screw ranged attacks. this thread is full of suckers.

Bloopa79Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Bloopa79Aus

I must have been rather lucky with this battle , I got him first time I was a dex based char weilding the dragon longword +5 wearing black leather i just did melee and watched for his attacks . I was soul lvl 75 when i finished the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.