Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Anyone who has played both NA and EU version of this

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By kalmis

Can you confirm if the tutorial level has been changed?
    I played the imported North American copy like 6 months ago but thought that the tutorial level was different when I started my own Black Phantom copy yesterday.

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Chojin
    @kalmis:   

I have both versions. Didn’t notice anything different.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kalmis

Hmm maybe I am remember wrong then. Or its different for each character

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FunExplosions
    @kalmis: What do you think is different? I don't have the EU version, but I really doubt it changes with each class, as they are all just loosely-guided molds that can become whatever you wish.
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kalmis
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @kalmis: What do you think is different? I don't have the EU version, but I really doubt it changes with each class, as they are all just loosely-guided molds that can become whatever you wish. "
    I might be wrong, but I though that the level was more darker when I played with the Monk class first time around on NA release. Now started with Royal on EU release and it was more light and the tutorial end boss single-hit killed me. I know you are not supposed to be able to beat him but thought that I got at least one hit first time. 
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FunExplosions
    @kalmis said:
    " @FunExplosions said:
    " @kalmis: What do you think is different? I don't have the EU version, but I really doubt it changes with each class, as they are all just loosely-guided molds that can become whatever you wish. "
    I might be wrong, but I though that the level was more darker when I played with the Monk class first time around on NA release. Now started with Royal on EU release and it was more light and the tutorial end boss single-hit killed me. I know you are not supposed to be able to beat him but thought that I got at least one hit first time.  "
    Well there's your answer right there. Don't know about the "light/dark" differences. I'd have to say that is just a misconception on your part :P 
    ...But different attacks from Vanguard do different amounts of damage. Each class starts with different vitality levels, which raise or lower their max health. Also, the amount of damage you absorb is modified by how much armor you have. So it's perfectly possible for  him to kill you in one hit. It's happened to me on more than one occasion.

A note, though. You can beat him. I recommend you coming back to the tutorial when you've developed your skills. You get a nice little treat for killing him.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karkarov

I have both versions of the game.  There is literally no difference between the two except for the fact that the EU release uses the original translations and not the Atlus NA version.  Which also means it's translations aren't quite as good but it isn't that big a deal. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.