Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Best class?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I'm thinking of playing this before Dark Souls and I was wondering what class you think is the best?

Thanks.

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ghost249

@NekuSakuraba: start with whatever class you want, that's the fun way or you can listen to what most people would say (not me I prefer fun) go royal if you want to beat the game quick and easy :|

As for me, I started of as a Knight Fat rolling my way till I could fast roll and that was fun.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    I'm thinking of playing this before Dark Souls and I was wondering what class you think is the best? Thanks.
    There is no "best" class.  

Iti s what ever fits your playing style. 
    Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Chemin

In the end it doesn't matter. There's no difference between them, really. Everyone can be everything - at max level everyone is maxed out in everything. It only affects the distribution of your starting stats, armors and weapons/spells. If you want to assign all the attribute points yourself, then Royal is the way to go as it's the only one that starts at level 1.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Omega

Royal is a good starter class because you get the soul arrow spell right off the bat. Which is really handy at killing guys at a distance and allows you to sort of test the waters of melee combat at your own pace rather than the sink or swim approach a straight melee class forces on you.

But that's just my opinion.

BigBrobawski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BigBrobawski

I just started up Demon's Souls yesterday. I love the hunter so far, I like to roll behind dudes and stab them in the back. ;)

Plus you get a bow to start out with so you can melee and range.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I have no idea if anyone still needs this but go with Royal if you plan on using any magic at all.

Fragrance Ring is awesome and let's you take out dragon on your first run of 1-2.

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Jimmi

@LordXavierBritish: Not necessarily... I still haven't beaten 1-2 and I just got the fragrance ring from 4-1. Not really that hard to get pretty quickly.

I also started as a knight. It's really tempting to just spend all my souls on buffing my endurance so I can roll fast but I'm trying to be patient and deal with the fat roll for now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.