Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Can anyone copy or trade me a talisman of beasts?

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FesteringNeon

I have met with the NPC in 2-2 w/o changing my world tendency to black, earlier in my playthrough.. so even though i'm now turning it black, he's not there anymore.  I also killed Ostrava at the end without getting the "hit list" from Mephoistoles first. Those are the only two ways I know of to get it.. and I also traded my Yellow soul for homing rather than insanity.. 

does anyone have an old demon's souls save, or current save with it? I can trade, or check on how to copy it over without losing it. 
    thanks!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

Why the hell did I read that as a talisman of breasts?

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By emem
    @bukkookkub: I just started playing Demon's Souls and after reading about your problem I'm wondering if I should read some sort of guide before continuing, so I don't make the same mistake(s)?!  

You're scaring me here, the game is already really hard. :)
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @Enigma777:
    lol I would definitely take a mage weapon, made of breasts, any day.  

perhaps?
     perhaps?
    @emem: 
     It's soo good emem, just stick with it. It's really the hardest in the beginning.. just realizing you're going to make mistakes, and being ok with memorizing the map layout and enemies without getting too disgruntled. The process of learning everything can be daunting to say the least. While I am by no means a master... it took me quite a bit of research at the Demon's Souls Wiki to find out some things. One of those things was about the talisman of beasts, which i'm now finding out I have to obtain in my next playthrough if I can't find anyone willing to trade : / It's not a HUGE deal though as the game does get a bit easier as you progress. 

Don't get scared though, items are really only going to benefit your playing style. If you're a melee guy you may want to find out about the dragon bone smasher and the purple flame sheild. Definately visit 4-1 earlier on to obtain the Crescent Falchion +1 . It really helped me out when I needed to hack and slash. It'll be a little rough getting it right away.. but keep going. It'll make things a bit easier. I myself chose the mage route, so an upgraded catalyst is somthing i'm after.. I currently have the stock one still, and know my magic would benefit from my 43magic and soon to be upgraded faith.

Anyways.... Check out the links, and if you do end up getting to 2-2, with pure black, and meet a black fantom (Scirvir, the Wanderer)   while "dropping" down, and obtain said TOB. I will pretty much trade you anything I have for it. :) Hell or even borrow you some of my stuff if you're having too tough of a time.. and don't have the desire to keep pushing.  
    doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By doejonathan
    @bukkookkub: Are you sure you met Black Phantom Scirvir the first time, and not regular ass Scirvir in Pure White? Also what is your soul level and version of the game (US/Europe)?
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McGhee

I just wanted to let you know that I have it, and I'm keeping it. 

And it is TOTALLY awesome. Mwaahahahaha!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @doejonathan:  No I met Scirvir when I wasn't in PBT. And now that i'm trying to get pure black.. I went back to see if he'd become a Phantom and he just disappeared. : /  SL93 currently and US "greatest hits" version.

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: That's harsh dude! lol  Is there a way to copy items without losing them? I'd read that somewhere anyway.
    doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By doejonathan
    @bukkookkub: I'm on the EU version so I can't help you out. Just make sure World Tendency is indeed pure black, I often waste a suicide or two so I know for sure I'm in PB. If you do find him, try to backtrack to 2-1 before returning to the Nexus, as there is a Primeval Demon at the start that's easy to get to for a Colourless Demon's Soul. 
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By EvilTwin
    @bukkookkub:  Sure, why the hell not?  Let me check my character.
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @bukkookkub:  Sure, why the hell not?  Let me check my character. "
    Sweet! I am actually on the ledge Scrivir would normally hang out on. I can summon hang out here if you want me to summon you. I don't really know how trading works, if you just drop the item.. or copy.. but it'd be much appreciated. I'm (ElementOfInertia) 

@doejonathan: Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to make another passover of the game in pure black before completing level 5. I don't quite know about the colorless souls.. but haven't really done much with captured souls other than turning one into homing and soul arrow. I do look forward to another run though! 
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy

I have one but I'm not quite sure how to do the whole save file thingy. My character has got some pretty sweet things, though he is in the level 200's so finding a person to play with is a bit more difficult. 

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @xyzygy: Are you talking PvP? or runthroughs with a good scaled difficulty? I'm trying to stay away from PvP for now until I at least beat the game once. I keep getting invaded on some parts and hated wasting my stuff.. so i'd just lose on purpose. I then was wating for a friend to find my blue stone so i could help on 3-2.. and I ended up invading someone elses game. (not by choice) I'm kinda glad I did though cause I won.. and got a sweet tornado hat. lol.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By EvilTwin
    @bukkookkub:  Sorry to disappoint, but I checked and apparently I deleted my original character.  I vaguely recall doing it, and I am now sorry I did. :(
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @bukkookkub:  Sorry to disappoint, but I checked and apparently I deleted my original character.  I vaguely recall doing it, and I am now sorry I did. :( "
    T_T it's ok. I'll prob check out what doejonathan suggested, and see if it works. Thanks for checking at least though!
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy
    @bukkookkub: Yeah I'm talking about PVP, but then I realized that you're looking for a save so you wouldn't need to have me join/you join my world. My PS3 is all unhooked right now but I can check it out later for you if I still have it. I'm pretty sure I do though, I'd never just sell something like that. Are there ways to make copies of save files?

Oh yeah, and did you get to the point in the story where you find out what that tornado hat thing really is?
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @xyzygy: 

Oh it's a save? I don't really know how that works. I just figured maybe there was a way to make a copy of the item or drop an item when in blue phantom mode. Really don't know too much about it tbh. 

.. and yea I did. At the end of world 3 right? I tried to take it for what it's worth but.. there wasn't much dialogue haha!

@doejonathan:

oh and on the suicide thing.. can i just use a stone of emp eyes and suicide a couple times on 2-2? to ensure it's in pure black? I noticed I made world 1 black.. and killed the "filthy man" hoping it would help.. but it doesn't look the same as world 1 yet. : /
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By emem
    @bukkookkub: Yeah, I will stick with it, but I'm also playing some other games (going back and forth) and after finishing Dead Space 2 I kind of want to play it again..  and there are too many great games out there I haven't played through yet. *sigh* But Demon's Souls is definitely up there on my list of games to finish. 

The big advantage Demon's Souls has over some of the other games I recently played are the controls, everything feels fine and it's not overly complicated. A week ago I tried Vanquish and since my aiming with a gamepad is "the worst", and on top of that they also throw like 20 different moves at you in the tutorial, I'm certain I will never finish that game.. I don't even want to play it again. Having said that.. I really like Demon's Souls even though it's very hard. :)
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
    @bukkookkub: Yeah, the only reason I ask is because when I first seen someone wearing it, I thought to myself: "I never seen THAT hairstyle in the character creation" :P 

You look for if there's a way to duplicate items or copy save files. I will see if I can find something too.
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @xyzygy: found out how. it's up to you though.. i can summon you if you want to try.
    doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By doejonathan
    @bukkookkub: Yes, the Stones of something something Eyes will work, but the wiki suggests to always return to the nexus after you kill yourself to make sure your not wasting them (god, that sounds uplifting). By killing the Filthy Man or other "useless" NPC's you are not changing World Tendency, but Character Tendency. Character Tendency will be brought over to your next playthrough, so you might want to think about what your goal is when it comes to obtaining Friend's Ring or Foe's Ring. It's a good idea to read up how Character and World Tendency works on the wiki as the game itself leaves it a bit in the dark.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy
    @bukkookkub: I'm level 200~... our levels need to be in a margin close to each other in order for us to interact because it would unbalance the game. :(
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FesteringNeon

I'll prob leave this thread be for now.. and may update once something happens.   

@doejonathan: oh damn.. yea I still have much to learn! I should have read more about character tendency before killing some people :p (also sounds horrible) It'll make for an interesting continuation at least.  

@xyzygy:
    It's ok. I'll figure it out eventually i'm sure. like i'd just mentioned to doejonathan, i've still got quite a bit to read up on. I really don't want to break my experience for sure.. just wish i'd have an upgraded weapon at this point.. and decided to go the homing arrow route over the Insanity because I was hoping I could get a TOB instead. : /

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.