Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Dark Souls video interview

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

COMMENTARY: CAN YOU TYPE IT, MOTHERFUCKER!?! 

Overall it essentially rehashes what we already know so far. Only new bit of knowledge I got was learning that there's no crystal lizards =(

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FesteringNeon
    @Abyssfull: 
    Arrrghh those bastids. I keep fumbling around with the right weapon, everytime I forget about the lizard cave in 2-2. : / 
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

Just started playing Demon's Souls. I love/hate this game.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

Hopefully you can pause the game this time... I'm tired of holding it in till I get to the end of the level!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @Enigma777 said:
    " Hopefully you can pause the game this time... I'm tired of holding it in till I get to the end of the level! "
    I doubt there'll be a pause mechanic, but instead they'll allow you set up your ''base'' as they kept referring it, which'll likely be your camp or something. Should predictably keep you safe so you can do whatever it is you would of done if the game was paused.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By jacksukeru
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " Hopefully you can pause the game this time... I'm tired of holding it in till I get to the end of the level! "
    I doubt there'll be a pause mechanic, but instead they'll allow you set up your ''base'' as they kept referring it, which'll likely be your camp or something. Should predictably keep you safe so you can do whatever it is you would of done if the game was paused. "
    I've gotten the impression that the camps are checkpoints in the same vein as those stones in Demon's Souls, whatever they were called, that appeared whenever you defeated a boss and that allowed you to teleport there. Small outposts between levels, maybe they won't let you teleport/fast travel but will let you repair items and upgrade your guy instead.

Also, instead of pauseing couldn't you just quit the game to the menu? The game saves all the time so you usually end up just where you were.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mordukai
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    I doubt there'll be a pause mechanic, but instead they'll allow you set up your ''base'' as they kept referring it, which'll likely be your camp or something. Should predictably keep you safe so you can do whatever it is you would of done if the game was paused. "
    I usually won't go around quoting Yahtzee but I feel there's no better of saying it..."Pause?! Real gamers have no life!" 

All I am dreading is that now From has the time to make an updated version of Maneater and an even harder Swamp level. YAY!!!!! World 5 in general made want to punch a baby. 
    ATTILAtheFUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ATTILAtheFUN

i loved the new trailer, but when they panned over the swamps i cringed. I never want to go through anything like world 5 ever again. so many lost souls... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.