Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Demon's Souls Interview at E3 2009

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@luke said:

PlayStation Blog did a little Demon's Souls Interview with an Atlus dude at E3 2009, in regards to the North American Localization.

Check-it-out!:

(

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/12/demons-souls-update

)

---

Thanks man. Can't wait for it.

And fuck you, Sony, for passing up on this gem. Can you imagine what would have happened if Atlus hadn't published Demon's Souls in the US? Is it even a possible to imagine a world in which the Soul's games don't exist?

I don't even want to think about the gems that have stayed in Japan over the years because fuckheads like the people at SCEA think they know what people want. More Ratchet move games? LBP Vita? Or how about some Knack? No, and thank God Insomnia had enough of your shit.

And now that SEGA is thankfully getting closer to the THQ fate, they refuse to publish Yakuza 5. Oh no problem right, Sony will pick that one up, right? Just a little localization and shit it out on PSN. No? It's a long shot but one can only hope that people like Gio Corsi and Adam Boyes can make that happen but they would have to cut through a whole lot of shit.

Or maybe I should be happy that you didn't publish Demon's Souls, as you would have surely ruined it by now. That's right, even Namco can take care of a precious IP better than you.

So happy Mardi Gras and fuck you, you fucking fucks.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By McGhee
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

@luke said:

PlayStation Blog did a little Demon's Souls Interview with an Atlus dude at E3 2009, in regards to the North American Localization.

Check-it-out!:

(

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/12/demons-souls-update

)

---

Thanks man. Can't wait for it.

And fuck you, Sony, for passing up on this gem. Can you imagine what would have happened if Atlus hadn't published Demon's Souls in the US? Is it even a possible to imagine a world in which the Soul's games don't exist?

I don't even want to think about the gems that have stayed in Japan over the years because fuckheads like the people at SCEA think they know what people want. More Ratchet move games? LBP Vita? Or how about some Knack? No, and thank God Insomnia had enough of your shit.

And now that SEGA is thankfully getting closer to the THQ fate, they refuse to publish Yakuza 5. Oh no problem right, Sony will pick that one up, right? Just a little localization and shit it out on PSN. No? It's a long shot but one can only hope that people like Gio Corsi and Adam Boyes can make that happen but they would have to cut through a whole lot of shit.

Or maybe I should be happy that you didn't publish Demon's Souls, as you would have surely ruined it by now. That's right, even Namco can take care of a precious IP better than you.

So happy Mardi Gras and fuck you, you fucking fucks.

Um... I thought the Yakuza games had some really disappointing sales in the West?

Also, is Sega actually in bad shape? I thought they were doing OK.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@believer258: Despite being sandwhiched between God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII Yakuza 3 actually outstripped SEGAS sales projections. Yakuza 4 had a pretty good drop off sales wise despite being the better game and not having content cut like Yakuza 3. Dead Souls well...Dead Souls was a real stinker sales wise I dont think it even approached 100k

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258: Despite being sandwhiched between God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII Yakuza 3 actually outstripped SEGAS sales projections. Yakuza 4 had a pretty good drop off sales wise despite being the better game and not having content cut like Yakuza 3. Dead Souls well...Dead Souls was a real stinker sales wise I dont think it even approached 100k

Ah, well, that's why Yakuza 5 isn't coming. However, It's a little unfair that the reason is because of a spinoff which, from what I understand, was pretty disappointing.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Necroing random nonsense threads is fun guys...

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mcghee said:

@grissefar: Feeling better now?

Yeah not gonna lie, feeling pretty good here man. How about you, bro? Are you feeling alright?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.