Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Demon's Souls: Pussies Need Not Apply

Jaklar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jaklar
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By THE_END

Good find.....this part had me busting up laughing for awhile:

" Demon’s Souls is your game, the one you’ve been waiting for, the one you never thought would appear in these dark times of Care Bear-loving games that give away victory at bargain-basement rates."

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Another plug of Game Almighty? Get your own clicks you greedy bastards!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

The fact that Demon's Souls and Borderlands are selling out in stores is absolutely awesome, as it means that people are willing to give new IPs a chance.  I think a lot of this can also be attributed to the massive amount of critically-acclaimed new IPs that came out last year and surprised people. 

I also think it's because both of those are RPGs, which we've all been dying for really good RPGs for a while now...especially that feed to that non-JRPG crowd.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By adziboy
    @jakob187: 

Tell me about it. I love how these companies are risking new IPs and are getting rewarded. Truthfully, like you mentioned, the lack of RPGs may be down to it since both Demos Souls and Borderlands have been advertised as RPGs (I say advetised because Borderlands is not QUITE an RPG). 

But still, awesome/
    Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Slippy

"1. You cannot save the game, so strategically finding a suitable save spot just moments before a big battle simply won’t work here.  " 

Partially un-true. I've found that because it autosaves so often, it will usually save right before a boss battle. If you die, all you do is quit back to the XMB as fast as you can and reload the game. 

You could also play online and kill your internet connection when you die. This will save where you left off and boot you back to the main menu.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Lol, love the challenge the game presents, though it certaintlys wears away as the game goes on. After beating The False King arch-demon the last 2 zones i've yet to beat seem surprisingly easy. I literally sped through the one thats all rickety wooden floors and toxic swamps.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EvilTwin

This is not a great article.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.