Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Died 100+ times.....WTF

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

I died over 100 times while playing level 1-2 for 4 hours nonstop last night.

I'm playing as a soldier.  I only died a few times from the fire breathing dragon.  But I died a freaking TON of times at the end of the level where there are 4 crossbow guys, 2 blue eye knights.  On the few occasions I made it past this part the Tower Guard keeps kicking my ass before I can do ANY damage at all to him.

Am I suppose to do level 1-2 immediately after beating level 1-1 like I'm doing right now......or am I suppose to do a different level before trying 1-2? 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

You are supposed to try a different level-I would recommend Stone Fang Tunnel. Tower Knight is easy when you get more players.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Its the usual route to take yeah. But if your having trouble, 1-2 is a pretty easy run through so should try that instead. Or just farm yahself some easy souls from 1-1.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Rio

I went 1-1, 1-2, and then went through world 2 and then back to finish world 1.

edit:  Tower Knight:  Run straight up the stairs and kill the archers.  After that go down to the Tower Knight and sprint straight at him and between his legs.  He will always miss you if you do this, then hit his heels a couple times and back off.  Repeat this process until he falls and go Ape Shit on his head.  Then you do it all over again, he will die quickly.

I actually did a video on this.  Its not that great of quality but you can see what I usually do:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK9sAw_E7Co

Oh and I have a video for 1-2 up to the boss as well, the part next to the first blue knight is best with some sort of ranged weapon or magic:  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJsqjlKjA8

Hope some of that might help.  Good luck anyway.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @dbz1995 said:
    " You are supposed to try a different level-I would recommend Stone Fang Tunnel. Tower Knight is easy when you get more players. "
    Or if you are a magic user and just hurl Soul Arrows up the Tower Knight ass. YOU HEAR ME TOWER KNIGHT! I FUCKED YOU UP.  

Sorry. couldn't help myself.  

@THE_END: I would recommend you grind some. Like the guy above me said Stone Fang Tunnel is a good place to grind just make sure you have a spear. 
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THE_END
    @Rio: 
    hmmmmm interesting........I didn't think I could run between his legs because of that big ass shield.  Everytime I get near him he immediately slams his shield into the ground and the resulting earthquake fucks me up.  I run kind of slow with all of my armor on but I'll try your tactic out.  Thanks.
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THE_END
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Its the usual route to take yeah. But if your having trouble, 1-2 is a pretty easy run through so should try that instead. Or just farm yahself some easy souls from 1-1. "

LOL I am doing level 1-2 and you said it is "pretty easy".  Wow, I must really suck then LOL.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rio
    @THE_END: Yeh bro watch that video I posted to see what I mean.
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THE_END
    @Rio said:
    " @THE_END: Yeh bro watch that video I posted to see what I mean. "
    Holy crap man.  Nice video.  Unfortunately you are light years ahead of me!!!!  I'm still using the armor and 1st sword I started with LOL.  You got all of this epic gear on.  It would probably take me 1,000 ankle hits to down him with my sword.  LMFAO.
    Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rio
    @THE_END:  I just used that strategy with a lvl 13 character using a scimitar, it works just as good as it ever has  ;).    I would suggest taking off your armor to run fast though. My new character had wizard clothing and I didnt use any magic.
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By buzz_killington

Yeah man, life's not fair.

Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@THE_END:  What level are you? it's really not that bad once you get some experience fighting him. You just have to run away a heck of a lot more often at the start of the game. 

One good thing to do for practice is to get to the end up the level as a soul (assuming you're ok with this now, skip the basements and run through the dragon breath paths to get their quick) then put a blue soul sign down right in front of the boss entrance. This gives you a chance to repeatedly try the boss over and over without consequence. You even get to keep the souls from the archers you kill so if you fail a bunch of times at least you have some souls to level up with.
    Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Chojin
    @THE_END: 

A tip, even though you`re a soldier, is to level up Magic, Faith and Will enough to learn one spell - Soul Arrow, and one miracle - Evacuate. This will make the beginning of the game (and farming) a lot easier.

Soul Arrow works great against both Blue and red eyed knights as well as most of the first bosses, including the Tower Guard.

And as Rio said, take of your armor. He`ll kill you in one hit no matter what, so you might as well move as quickly as possible.

Avatar image for altf4_for_colors
    ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ALTF4_FOR_COLORS
    @THE_END: 

You can kill the dragon in 1-2. Grab the light crossbow in 1-1 and about 200 or so bolts and shoot him from the entrance of the first tower whenever he swoops in. Just be sure to edge out past the first tower so he'll fry the guys beyond tower one before you kill him. 

As for the archers at the entrance, I just waited until they had all fired at once and then attacked. Equip the Thief's Ring so you can pull the blue eyed knights individually. 

For the Tower Knight Ikill all the archers and then find a cozy little spot, staircase next to the archway where you first come in, to snipe at him using your remaining bolts up. After that two-hand your weapon and like everyone's said go to town on his feet and head.
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THE_END

@Rio:  Thanks for all of the help guys.  I finally beat it........took me over 200 attempts in total LMFAO.  Anyways, I ran between his legs like Rio recommended then I hit both of his ankles until blue light was shining out of the wounds then went to the top of the wall where the archers are and shot 100 arrows from my bow at his head.  He fell down and died.

Thanks again for all of the help.  And a special thanks to Rio for posting the videos!

GeekyDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By GeekyDad

Yeah, you'll find aggro plays a major role in most of the game. Enemies are tough, and generally speaking, you'll want to take on each one one at a time. Lure one out, take 'em out, repeat the process.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.