Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Difficulty is not an issue The game is solid, period

Mauler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mauler

I have been so turned off by games lack of challenge for the past 2 hardware cycles. This game is tough, but fair, and will actually improve your gaming skills. No truly cheap hits or bosses, and the online variables keep this game fresh. The game is a bit difficult to find though, and I hope it is due to the fact it is selling well. Game stop has a few used copies from the spoiled gamers that are happy with less than 30 hours of game. People look at me cross eyed in the stores when i recommend it. I am enjoying this game so much!

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Nasar7

Did you just get it? Congrats.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Yeah its a really solid game. I like it a lot. I dont find it challenging at all when playing with others. Its a gem.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Evilsbane

I just...this game is.. weird. Every video and discussion about it makes it look and sound like a God Awful game. Overly difficult is the main thing you hear, and then every video I watch makes the game look like a Japanese Janky Mess, an inventory system that looks like something for 1995, weird attack and movement animations, and a crap camera. And yet everyone showers it with praise and certain review sites made it GOTY?!?! I didn't want to get this game because frankly everything I saw looked BAD, but I guess I am going to have to give it a go, under all this weirdness there must be a game worth playing for so many people to like it so much.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By cstrang

This is is fucking awesome.  I love almost every minute of it.

Mauler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mauler
    @Evilsbane said:
    " I just...this game is.. weird. Every video and discussion about it makes it look and sound like a God Awful game. Overly difficult is the main thing you hear, and then every video I watch makes the game look like a Japanese Janky Mess, an inventory system that looks like something for 1995, weird attack and movement animations, and a crap camera. And yet everyone showers it with praise and certain review sites made it GOTY?!?! I didn't want to get this game because frankly everything I saw looked BAD, but I guess I am going to have to give it a go, under all this weirdness there must be a game worth playing for so many people to like it so much. "
    I hate the fact that they push the fact that difficulty is a factor in the game. It is just like the 16 bit era, in the fact that when you die, you have to start the entire level over.a controller chucker for sure. BUT if you take the time to develop a "skill set" with weaponry that works for you (and there are MANY) the gameplay is incredible. If you just go all gung ho, the game is a real mofo.  take the time out to think, and the game is not all that hard. It's how you react to the situations presented that determine how hard the game is. I got it about a month ago, and fiddled with a few classes, then found one I like and ran with it. I have never been more pleased with a purchase!
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Wonder how long it'll take before Milkman comes in to proclaim its dire awfulness.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By animateria

Not as challenging as Monster Hunter, and less satisfying as a result, BUT I still love Demon's Souls.  (I recommend Monster Hunter to anyone who likes Demon's Souls. Wrote about this on my personal blog. Too long to post here so I'm just linking it.)

Some of it was because in NG+ the armor drops didn't improve, so there wasn't a reason to run around again. I got all the black phantom weapons, I use a fully upgraded sword, and a nice bow to accompany it. I would play more but there's no reason to do so.

Of course this is after 70 hours of play.

AND I'm playing again with a male character, if you haven't noticed already there are male or female only armor, for end game armor, male characters get better stuff.

Great game.

Mauler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mauler
    @Abyssfull: Different strokes for different folks, most gamers nowaday are spoiled by the ease and convienence of today's games.  try playing a game without using multiple save points , now you get the idea.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @Mauler:
    What are you getting at exactly? 
    I loved Demon's Souls, it was one of my favourite games of 2009, I was refering to another user called Milkman who makes it his duty to take a steaming shite over demon's souls whenever the opportunity arises.
    Mauler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mauler
    @Abyssfull:  Yeah I got that, some folks are just not going to like a game, period. Their loss, I was just referring that some of these "party poopers" are just sour because they cannot endure a game that does not cater to ease, and conveinence. It was not aimed at anyone, Just an observation. Save points were a foregn concept until later NES games. We simply had to do without them pre-NES. I remember vividly dying at the end of RAMBO on the Commodore 64 over and over, and you only got 1 life. It sounds like I am a glutton for punishment, but back in the day you had the skills to pay the bills, or you were out plain and simple. I guess Demon's souls brought back alot of nostalgia in that aspect. Please don't take offense, I just love gaming. There is another guy on these boards (Don't know his user name here yet) That has been along for the same ride since we were like 9. To this day there are marathon sessions, and nary a conversation that does not include game talk! That's why I love this site most of you here are pure gamers! Oh and PS LOVE the Monster Hunter series.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.