Disadvantage with used copy?

#1 Posted by Outrager (145 posts) -

I was thinking about buying Demon's Souls and was wondering if there are any disadvantages with getting a used copy. What I mean is are there any 1 time use codes or something that would make it better to just buy a new copy?

#2 Posted by onarum (2012 posts) -

No, no stupid codes at all.

#3 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Nope, the game has no retail exclusive content/dlc codes or anything like that.

#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -

The publishers/developers don't get paid.

Which I would consider a disadvantage if it's a good game.

#5 Edited by onarum (2012 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:

@Outrager :

true, also I just did a search on amazon, and you can get a new copy for 20 bucks, no reason to go for a used.
#6 Posted by mrangryface (774 posts) -

Its not like Capcom developed it or anything amirite lulz

#7 Posted by Tumbler (161 posts) -

@Outrager:

You might look into Goozex.com for older games like this. I'm grabbing a copy of Darksiders in the near future, it's been a @#$%@% gold mine for playing older games. Highly recommend the site. In the beginning there can be a lot of waiting but the key is to give yourself a lot of options. (IE get in line for many games)

#8 Posted by cancerdancer (314 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:

Gah, shut up. Do you only buy new cars, new clothes, new CD's, new movies and new video games?
#9 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

I usually don't care too much about the new used developer thing, since buying used allows me to purchase games in greater quantities... but dude, buy Demon's Souls fucking new. It's only $15 anyway, and it's incredible.

#10 Edited by Tennmuerti (7998 posts) -
@cancerdancer said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Gah, shut up. Do you only buy new cars, new clothes, new CD's, new movies and new video games?
This argument has been made a hundred times over, and in much better ways then yours.
And was rebuked time and time again.

So pardon me for not explaining economics 101 every time this happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.