Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Don't you love...

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

The feeling of satisfaction you get when you play this game well. 
    As you may of guessed playing this game today as well as I have has made me happy. 

I was on a roll and defeated 3 of the archdemons and only died during the first battle; albeit I died numerous times, but I defeated the bastard.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

The huge scale of most of the boss battles makes for some great bonerific victories as well.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

Yes, especially that damn spider, and the scary fire man, grrr. I can never get the pattern down and end up eating huge amounts of grass. Tower Knight is easy as heck but some bosses never get easy. Or sections for that matter. Damn you, cliffsides with skeletons and flying mantas, yuck.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jking47

Most of them are really fun, but I found the dragon god fight to be a bit anticlimactic. As long as you timed it right you just ran through it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

Also some dude invaded me, which scared me as I didn't think I'd be able to overcome another human player, I even tried to hide, but he found me and we dueled right next to a huge arrow machine and I won :D 
    Then to make the experience even better, the dude mailed me to say 'well done' on my defeating him. What a great guy. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @Grissefar said:
    " Yes, especially that damn spider, and the scary fire man, grrr. I can never get the pattern down and end up eating huge amounts of grass. Tower Knight is easy as heck but some bosses never get easy. Or sections for that matter. Damn you, cliffsides with skeletons and flying mantas, yuck. "
    If you use the Thieves Ring the flying mantas will genrally ignore you. 
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard
    @AlexW00d said:
    " Also some dude invaded me, which scared me as I didn't think I'd be able to overcome another human player, I even tried to hide, but he found me and we dueled right next to a huge arrow machine and I won :D Then to make the experience even better, the dude mailed me to say 'well done' on my defeating him. What a great guy.  "
    Someone doing something nice? OVER THE INTERNET? What has this world come to.
    unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By unchained

I need to give this game another go. 

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By animateria

Don't you love... To not fight False King? 

Dude yes. 

Magic spec with Magic Weapons on NG+ Beat everyone besides him... he takes 100 dmg at most. Grinding some STR and got a crushing weapon just to fight him. 

What an asshole.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Chavtheworld said:
    " @AlexW00d said:
    " Also some dude invaded me, which scared me as I didn't think I'd be able to overcome another human player, I even tried to hide, but he found me and we dueled right next to a huge arrow machine and I won :D Then to make the experience even better, the dude mailed me to say 'well done' on my defeating him. What a great guy.  "
    Someone doing something nice? OVER THE INTERNET? What has this world come to. "
    Demon's Souls actually has a pretty great community, probably because the fact that it doesn't hold your hand scares off all the halobros and culladitty heads.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai
    @animateria said:
    " Don't you love... To not fight False King?  Dude yes.  Magic spec with Magic Weapons on NG+ Beat everyone besides him... he takes 100 dmg at most. Grinding some STR and got a crushing weapon just to fight him.  What an asshole. "
    There's a really simple way of taking him down without taking a single point if damage and without lossing a single soul level but it;s a rather cheap way. 
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AlexW00d
    @Three0neFive said:
    " @Chavtheworld said: 
    Someone doing something nice? OVER THE INTERNET? What has this world come to. "
    Demon's Souls actually has a pretty great community, probably because the fact that it doesn't hold your hand scares off all the halobros and culladitty heads. "
    Seems about right tbf. 
    The last time I received mail was during a game of CoD, I think, and it was someone calling me a dick for killing them.
    Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chojin

I know the feeling:) I remember on my first play-through when I got summoned to play as the boss (old monk – Tower of Latria) against another human. At first I thought the game had bugged out, but then I realized what was going on, that someone was fighting his way through the final level of this world to face ME, as the final boss, and that this could very well be my one and only chance to get some secret item for winning. The fight lasted for 25 minutes. He gave everything he had to beat this world, and I for the chance of being rewarded with something rare. I have never experienced an actual adrenaline rush like that from playing a videogame before, and probably never will again. I won and immediately after got invaded by another player. Defeated him as well and ran back to the nexus as quick as possible. Put the controller down and had 3 smokes in a row with trembling hands while calling a friend to share the story. Amazing game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.