Hold out on importing

#1 Edited by eckster (53 posts) -

To give a heads up not only is Atlus publishing the title Demon's Souls to America which you all know, but apart from punctuation and spelling fixes the American release will also include some bug fixing as well.

Source links: http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-333790.aspx
                     http://www.ps3center.net/news/3053/atlus-looking-to-some-bug-fixing-in-demons-souls/

"Apart from tidying up punctuation and any spelling errors, Atlus will also be doing some pretty extensive bug hunting. They'll be looking at player feedback, and sending a list of discovered bugs and glitches to From Software to be fixed before the release."
#2 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Was anyone intending to import this after they heard about the localization?

#3 Edited by Demyx (3237 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" Was anyone intending to import this after they heard about the localization? "
I know someone who already imported it.
I'm waiting for a NA release.
#4 Posted by CallMeRotten (229 posts) -

That's good to know, I was hoping they were going to do a little polish on it rather than do a straight port. The only thing I'm curious about is will the NA version end up being easier than the original?

#5 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Wow the import has english subtitles and stuff? If I'd known that before I heard they were localizing it, I definitely would've imported it. But since it's coming here I'll just wait.

#6 Posted by Flapke (9 posts) -

You know what sucks? I ordered it two weeks before the NA release was announced and it hasn't even arrived yet :/

#7 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -
@Flapke said:
" You know what sucks? I ordered it two weeks before the NA release was announced and it hasn't even arrived yet :/ "
Shoulda used eBay, got mine 8 days after I ordered it from HongKong; paid 75 shipped...SOOOOO WORTH IT.

However yes the Korean and "Asian" (Asian is in Chinese I believe) versions come in full English; the voice overs, subtitles and menus. Game is just like an normal release and you could play it without any issues. They may reword some stuff in the menus but nothing more needs to be done really; create American Artwork and English Menu. Really ATLUS doesn't have to do much besides pay for making copies of the game and a manual translation and printing which them being quite a niche company they will do a small initial printing and probably some sort of Limited Edition goodness which will result in me buying a second copy.
#8 Posted by Oni (2099 posts) -

Uhh the bugs will be fixed in all versions. Just today a patch came out. So there is no real reason not to import, for the impatient among you (and this game is worth it)

#9 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

There aren't many bugs in the game there are a few exploits that allow bosses to be defeated a little easier but if they fix that unlucky to you NA players because that will only make it harder, the only big bug I can think off (although I'm not there) I hear the last boss can beat by just firing arrows waiting for him to get close run out of his room, so he thinks you're gone then as he's going back to his default place run behind him and do a back attack (to normal enemies a back attack normally kills them in one) so it takes a chunk of his health.
That's a pretty big exploit, as for glitches I really can't think of any, the only thing I'd like is an update where you can pause in offline mode, I don't think that makes the game any easier just puts my mind to rest knowing I'm not going to get owned when I'm on the loo.

#10 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

I was very near importing it, just waiting on my next paycheck to justify the purchase and then bam!... the localization was announced. 

The only thing that sucks, is now I have to wait longer :p

#11 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Subject2Change said:
" @Flapke said:
" You know what sucks? I ordered it two weeks before the NA release was announced and it hasn't even arrived yet :/ "
Shoulda used eBay, got mine 8 days after I ordered it from HongKong; paid 75 shipped...SOOOOO WORTH IT.However yes the Korean and "Asian" (Asian is in Chinese I believe) versions come in full English; the voice overs, subtitles and menus. Game is just like an normal release and you could play it without any issues. They may reword some stuff in the menus but nothing more needs to be done really; create American Artwork and English Menu. Really ATLUS doesn't have to do much besides pay for making copies of the game and a manual translation and printing which them being quite a niche company they will do a small initial printing and probably some sort of Limited Edition goodness which will result in me buying a second copy. "
Oh and to add you probably got it of the same person as me, my came from there, I looked at the box and was like I can read none of this, this is so the wrong version, nearly convinced myself then I played it I was like ahhhhhhhhh that's okay.
#12 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

I was looking for an Asian version as it says English on the box, but it was Korean and I was worried checked online and was like relieved. Enjoy it. I gotta get back into it; only got 3 dungeons left on my playthrough dunno if I will do a New Game + immediately or not doubt it got too much to play.

#13 Posted by Flapke (9 posts) -
@Ineedaname: The guy sent me another copy and it just arrived! ^_^ The game looks excellent so far, though I haven't really had the time to play it much, yet.
#14 Edited by thefjk (137 posts) -

Too, late I just ordered it. I couldn't resist after reading this!

#15 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

I've been holding out on importing this for a while now, can't wait for October 6th (or maybe the 7th =/ ) to roll around. 

#16 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Any word about a Europe release?

Please?

#17 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@eroticfishcake: Import the American one?
#18 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Ineedaname: That would require effort on my part. I don't want it that badly but you know...
#19 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" Any word about a Europe release?  Please? "
Yeah, I really wanna know too
#20 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Ineedaname: That would require effort on my part. I don't want it that badly but you know... "
Hardly an effort but okay.
#21 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Ineedaname: Truth is, I'm poor (again). But I prefer to say "less fortunate".
#22 Edited by yyZiggurat (1016 posts) -

Deluxe Edition (with preorder bonuses) unboxing by Aram Jabbari:

*SNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*
#23 Posted by Soulglove (145 posts) -

If you truly want the hardcore experience he is talking about in the vid, then don't get the strategy guide. The best thing about the game is not knowing what to do or how to do things other than the little notes left by players. The world in the game is supposed to be barren of help and survivors. I'm glad I imported though, got it today, and $28 is always better than $60. My question is: Is the new version coming out going to be on the same servers? Would be nice either way.

#24 Posted by yyZiggurat (1016 posts) -
@Soulglove:  I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition but I don't plan on using the guide.  I like figuring things out for myself.  And Atlus has said their release will have a new NA server.  I don't know if you'll be able to get on the Asian ones.
#25 Posted by iGaboru (215 posts) -
@HomemadeZiggurat said:
" @Soulglove:  I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition but I don't plan on using the guide.  I like figuring things out for myself.  And Atlus has said their release will have a new NA server.  I don't know if you'll be able to get on the Asian ones. "
I'm like you but I'll use the guide on my 2nd or 3rd walkthrough as I'd love to get all the game has to offer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.