Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Is this still popular enough to play multiplayer co-op?

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I loved Dark Souls, and am currently playing through Dark Souls 2. HOWEVER I have never played Demon's Souls much beyond the point of a very quick curiosity when it came out. I died, got scared, and never played again.

Now I want to go back and play it, but is it popular enough to play co-op/summon in others to help? I've played Souls games solo for the most part, but if a boss starts to give me trouble I've liked having the option of summoning help right outside a gate. Is this too old for it to be feasible? I don't want to wait for half an hour for a summon sign to show up.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chances are there will still be some people there, though I can't say much beyond that. I suppose you can assume that most players who invade you will be min-maxing and be able to kill you easily.

When I was playing Dark Souls on the PC prior to Dark Souls 2, outside of the more popular areas, summon signs weren't entirely common. The Manus boss fight for instance had NO summon signs, so I had to solo that damn thing, god I hated it. I cab't imagine it being much better for Demon's Souls.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zeik

I played Demon's Souls not that long ago and it still seemed to be active enough. Summon signs to summon. Invaders invading. Etc.

Most of the bosses are on the easier side in Demon's Souls though, to be honest.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really can't say, but Demon Souls probably has the easiest bosses of all the Souls games so you probably wouldn't need any help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.